IGNORED

Anybody have any idea what this is?

kennercanada

Purchased in the early 90's at the Toys R Us I was working for at the time in the suburbs of Toronto, Canada. I can't find anything on it at all on this site, with the closest hardware being listed as Australlian, possibly licensed.

EbayPics005.jpg

This is definitely NTSC, has a copyright date of 1991 by the Atari Corporation in Sunnyvale.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

You could always ask Olivia Munn:

http://www.oliviamunn.com/photoshoot-starring-an-atari-joystick/

No, probably not. I spent a little time Googling and all I've found so far is that the CX-78 Atari 7800 controller was sold in them thar foreign countries:

http://www.atariage.com/controller_page.html?SystemID=7800&ControllerID=24

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_7800#Peripherals

Isn't Canada one of dem foreign countries? I ain't got no map, so I'm not sure where Canada is. Is it near South America?

Does it have the usual Canadian bilingual packaging?

If not, then it was very probably something imported "informally" rather than through normal channels of distribution.

Speaking as a fellow Canadian, I have never seen anything like this (though the Jr. model is, in my experience, much less common than its larger siblings).

Long Strip Atari 2600 Jr. seems to be the cheapest iteration of the hardware available on the used market in the United States. It is the type of machine I have and it is the only model I see for lower prices. Six switches, even if they aren't Heavy Sixers, seem to command quite the premium and even the Woody and Darth Vader units are going up. The Juniors stay pretty low though.

Sucks cuz I'd love a six switch (not necessarily a heavy sixer) but I don't really want to put out that much cash. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased in the early 90's at the Toys R Us I was working for at the time in the suburbs of Toronto, Canada. I can't find anything on it at all on this site, with the closest hardware being listed as Australlian, possibly licensed.

EbayPics005.jpg

This is definitely NTSC, has a copyright date of 1991 by the Atari Corporation in Sunnyvale.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

This is also identical to the packaging used for the Jr. around 1988 in Australia - I received one as a Christmas present (packaged with Dodge 'Em). I beleive they were being sold for $39.99 as a cheap alternative for the NES. Gladly, I have had more fun playing and collecting for it than I ever had with any NES game :)

• Like 1