IGNORED

Nostalgic ColecoVision catalog ads

chuckwalla

Great stuff, brings back a lot of memories.

Wonder how much that reversed Exp. Mod. #02 Driving Module would go for today! :D

Good eye NIAD! Makes me wonder if perhaps there is a proto out there like that.

The picture probably just got mirrored is all. :ponder:

ED: After blowing up the picture, it is legit and not mirrored as the text on the module is all correct and the numpad orientation is correct. Oh well, another prototype to chase down!!

Edited by NIAD

Great stuff, brings back a lot of memories.

Wonder how much that reversed Exp. Mod. #02 Driving Module would go for today! :D

Good eye NIAD! Makes me wonder if perhaps there is a proto out there like that.

The picture probably just got mirrored is all. :ponder:

ED: After blowing up the picture, it is legit and not mirrored as the text on the module is all correct and the numpad orientation is correct. Oh well, another prototype to chase down!!

That's the thing see a pic like that now days and it was probably CG, back then they didn't have the technology to do that so it lends itself to a real object.

It is actually really impractical, gear shift is always on the right even with a column shifter. Perhaps that is for the Brits?

Hey, on the bottom left image...is that a real screen from Time Pilot? I've never seen it before. It looks like the screen is full of asteroids or something.

The Holiday season is here and I was poking around looking for some Christmas catalogs from ages past when I stumbled upon some great pages from Sears and Montgomery Ward.

So I figured I share with my fellow CV gamers...

Hey, on the bottom left image...is that a real screen from Time Pilot? I've never seen it before. It looks like the screen is full of asteroids or something.

The Holiday season is here and I was poking around looking for some Christmas catalogs from ages past when I stumbled upon some great pages from Sears and Montgomery Ward.

Maybe the cat had an accident on that page!

You can also see the mock-up of Destruction Derby in the second pic and it is titled "Destructor".

Edited by NIAD

Maybe the cat had an accident on that page!

You can also see the mock-up of Destruction Derby in the second pic and it is titled "Destructor".

That's the omitted "outer space" level from Time Pilot.

$14.99-$21.99 for new games? Wow! Compare to $59.95 for current gen stuff...

This was also when the crash was going on. Most 'new' games from 1980-1983 were $35-50.

If I recall, didn't Zaxxon go for around $50 when it first hit the shelves and the Turbo module something like $60 or $70?

For 1982 the system and games were premium priced relative to wages, but worth it ;)

If I recall, didn't Zaxxon go for around $50 when it first hit the shelves and the Turbo module something like $60 or $70?

For 1982 the system and games were premium priced relative to wages, but worth it ;)

I remember buying the 2 piece box version of Q*bert at a store in the mall for $39.99 plus tax. Bought it with money from my Newspaper Route.

That was a lot of money back in the early 80's.

I remember buying the 2 piece box version of Q*bert at a store in the mall for $39.99 plus tax. Bought it with money from my Newspaper Route.

$39 in 1982 is like $85 today. So it'd be like going to EB Games and dropping $85 on Qbert. I like how Atari made word processing/financial software for the ColecoVision. That's like Microsoft making Office for the Macintosh.

$39 in 1982 is like $85 today. So it'd be like going to EB Games and dropping $85 on Qbert. I like how Atari made word processing/financial software for the ColecoVision. That's like Microsoft making Office for the Macintosh.

Let me second SlowCoder's response... They made what?

Atari made a number of ColecoVision conversions of the games they owned the rights to... Centipede, Defender, Galaxian, etc. and some prototypes have surfaced over the years like Pac-Man, Joust and Moon Patrol. But that's about it, no productivity software even on the ADAM Computer side.

Atari made a number of ColecoVision conversions of the games they owned the rights to... Centipede, Defender, Galaxian, etc. and some prototypes have surfaced over the years like Pac-Man, Joust and Moon Patrol. But that's about it, no productivity software even on the ADAM Computer side.

I think he may have been looking at the ad for the Atari computer software in the OP. It looks like a page from the same Montgomery Ward catalog, but for Atari computer games and apps.

I think he may have been looking at the ad for the Atari computer software in the OP. It looks like a page from the same Montgomery Ward catalog, but for Atari computer games and apps.

Ok, can see how someone might have mistaken that for a list of Atari made programs for the CV or ADAM, especially since in the listing there are games that were made for both platforms.

• 2 years later...

Ok, can see how someone might have mistaken that for a list of Atari made programs for the CV or ADAM, especially since in the listing there are games that were made for both platforms.

I'll add that the Texas Instruments TI-99/4A port of Donkey Kong, in that catalog (or the Sears 1983 Wish Book) even erroneously copyrights Coleco with publishing.

~Ben