IGNORED

Oh YES! Elder Scrolls V is coming!

Mendon

Just checked Amazon, they have Skyrim available for pre-order, but no collectors edition in site!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HYK956?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004HYK956

Hopefully it's just too soon, and they'll be announcing a CE version closer to the launch day.

I'm definitely getting the special\limited edition so I'm waiting. But the waiting is killing me. :)

I don't play these Elder Scrolls games in third-person because they don't know what they're doing. It always seems like a tacked on option that never looks quite right.

I agree with this. The only time I switched perspectives was if I was trying to find a place I might be able to get over in un-passable area's or when I'd get stuck (Not that it mattered) 3rd person in these games looks way too floaty or something.I'm wondering if anyone actually plays in that mode? Like through the game.

Oh and I wasn't trying to imply you only play Civ Rev, I just know you played the crap out of that game (Even though you initially said you didn't like the demo) and for all the gibberish those leaders spew out *Fallum Fallum* is the one that sticks with me.

I don't play these Elder Scrolls games in third-person because they don't know what they're doing. It always seems like a tacked on option that never looks quite right.

I agree with this. The only time I switched perspectives was if I was trying to find a place I might be able to get over in un-passable area's or when I'd get stuck (Not that it mattered) 3rd person in these games looks way too floaty or something.I'm wondering if anyone actually plays in that mode? Like through the game.

Oh and I wasn't trying to imply you only play Civ Rev, I just know you played the crap out of that game (Even though you initially said you didn't like the demo) and for all the gibberish those leaders spew out *Fallum Fallum* is the one that sticks with me.

I do LOL. I really dont want to but I'm forced to because I get motion sickness for certain games. So I for one am glad they tack it on. It helps a whole lot because the perspective is pushed further back. Thats just me though. Cant speak for everyone.

I do hate it though (3rd person). I wish I could play in first person the entire time but it means I have to take more frequent breaks. Also the motion sickness I get usually is from the graphic resolution of the game. Lesser framerates and older PS2 style first person games get me sick really quick. (or first generation 360\PS3 games)

Lately though with improved framreates and resolutions I tend not to get sick at all or very minimal so its not that much of a problem. Oblivion though was. On a PC it was much better.

I do LOL. I really dont want to but I'm forced to because I get motion sickness for certain games. So I for one am glad they tack it on. It helps a whole lot because the perspective is pushed further back. Thats just me though. Cant speak for everyone.

I do hate it though (3rd person). I wish I could play in first person the entire time but it means I have to take more frequent breaks. Also the motion sickness I get usually is from the graphic resolution of the game. Lesser framerates and older PS2 style first person games get me sick really quick. (or first generation 360\PS3 games)

Lately though with improved framreates and resolutions I tend not to get sick at all or very minimal so its not that much of a problem. Oblivion though was. On a PC it was much better.

Oh yes, I do recall you mentioning the motion sickness, that is cool that you can get around it by switching to 3rd person, I do wish they would tweak that mode a bit though to make it feel less surreal. Just doesn't look or feel right, can't really put my finger on it. I tried playing that way for a bit in Oblivion but gave up after like 10 minutes.

Oh yes, I do recall you mentioning the motion sickness, that is cool that you can get around it by switching to 3rd person, I do wish they would tweak that mode a bit though to make it feel less surreal. Just doesn't look or feel right, can't really put my finger on it. I tried playing that way for a bit in Oblivion but gave up after like 10 minutes.

Yeah I got used to it and played all the way through in 3rd person and then when the complete edition came out, I bought it (so I can have all the DLC) and played the game again but switched to 1st person for about 7 or 8 hours of gametime. I was like wow....I missed out on this! I played for a while in 1st person and it was way better but I kept getting sick so I never finished. So yeah I agree with you guys, 1st person in this game is better.

Cant wait! It seems like the end of this year is decades away! Atariage will be a ghosttown. We'll all be in Skyrim. Basically another planet. :P

• 3 months later...

Can't wait for this, have been playing Dragon Age and Dragon Age II to death. Will be great to see how the new game compares to Oblivion which was pretty amazing - spent hours and hours on it to complete the main storyline, then was great to see how the world changed and you could still go off and to the remaining side quests.

Amazon has a listing for the Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition, which is to be released on June 28th. LINK

Comes in a steel case with a map, making of DVD, Knights of the Nine & Shivering Isles DLC's, Skyrim trailer, and a $10 off Skyrim coupon.

Mendon

• Like 1

Currently playing through Oblivion to see if I like it. It's very nice but, after playing Fallout for ever, I'm REALLY missing VATS and the convenience of seeing enemies on radar. I'd love for them to find some 'fantasy magic' excuse to get VATS into Skyrim.

I watched a few videos of interviews with the director, and it sounds and looks amazing. I'm hoping there will be a collector's edition similar to Oblivion's. The little pocket guide I thought was really cool. I'm now giving Morrowind and the expansions another shot on my little netbook. I downloaded the Predator mod so I'd have that and a "normal" game going. The only thing that really stopped me from getting into Morrowind was the combat. I though repeatedly stabbing something with a dagger in a game and the game registering every third or fourth stab as a hit is considered "cheap" universally. But I'm giving this another chance and the combat in Skyrim looks so much better than Oblivion's. Hopefully they'll stick with it and release big expansions.

I still have about 50 hours left of stuff to do in Oblivion (Including virtually all of the main quest and almost all of Shivering Isles, I've just briefly visited it once).

Guess I better get busy.

Hope the guilds make a return. I really enjoyed those in Oblivion.

• Like 1

I still have about 50 hours left of stuff to do in Oblivion (Including virtually all of the main quest and almost all of Shivering Isles, I've just briefly visited it once).

Guess I better get busy.

Hope the guilds make a return. I really enjoyed those in Oblivion.

I also hope for the return of the guilds. There are a few things I would love to see return from older games too. I would love to see a static world where the baddies in the world don't level with you. In Marrowind there were just places you didn't go until you were leveled enough. If you went there you would be dead before you could figure out what killed you. I would also like to see the weapons and armor be a little more static. It sucked having to get my armor level high enough to make the better armor spawn. That was always silly to me. My level should help me use the armor better, I shouldn't have to be a high enough level to find the armor.

There is something to be said for reaching the max level in any RPG and feeling like you have reached that level and earned that power. For the most part Oblivion didn't make you feel that way at all. The baddies leveled with you so if you had max level they did too and every fight was the same from level 1 to max in challenge (well closer then they should have been anyway). I have always liked going back to lower level areas and slaying things because I now have them over powered. In Oblivion once you started seeing the higher level goblins you never saw a plain goblin anymore, so you never got a real good idea of how powerful you had really become.

Over all I loved Oblivion, and will play Skyrim if it is the same in every way with a new story, but I would be happier with some improvement too.