IGNORED

Anyone interested in saving an Atari ST thats about to be thrown out?

Been a while since I posted here. I'm the same "Jasper061992" that posts in Sega 16, but enough of me.

Not sure of this will garner any interests in time or not, but here goes. Was basically having a look through the Atari ST auctions on ebay and spotted one on auction, claiming it exploded.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2805927966571?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280592796657&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The seller basically said while he was playing it then it exploded. I'm sure its nothing more than a cap that blew up. Now he's selling it on ebay and said if the auction ends with no bids for the computer itself, "he would just throw it out". This sparked my attention, although I don't own any Atari systems barring the Lynx, I don't want to see any more old computers thrown out without attempting a fix. :sad:

I emailed the seller asking for shipping costs for just the computer alone and he said it was £12 without the games. I don't really want to take a chance buying something that exploded and not working when I get it because currently I don't have much money to throw around taking chances. I can't solder to save my life lol.

So yeah, cheap if any of you is interested in the UK at least.

Postage is the problem, a dead STFM is worth less than £16 that is the reality. If it was something special sure I would bid, like say a 16mhz card in it or 2.5mb STM or something.

This is the problem though, unless people live close enough it is really only worth getting stuff in good condition and working for a few extra bucks.