IGNORED

Ok, this really sucks...

Deteacher

So, my wife and I have custody of our 5 year old grandson. He's been with us for about a year and he has some issues...the worst of which is that developmentally, he's closer to 3 years old.

I go downstairs after a long day's work, planning to play some Secret Quest (this week's HSC game) on my modded 7800, via my Harmony Cart. Lo and behold, the cart is not in the console. It NEVER leaves the console. I proceed to tear the room apart, looking for it. In spite of the fact that I know it's worthless to try, I decide to ask my grandson if he touched my Harmony Cart. He tells me "Yes, I did." So, I ask him what he did with it. He has no idea.

So, long story short, it could be in that room...it could be outside...it could be in the trash...it could have been flushed down the toilet for all I know. I'm so freakin' bugged right now, words can't describe. :mad:

Sorry...I just had to vent somewhere where folks would understand. The wife surely doesn't. :(

Thanks for the suggestions. I've checked his backpack and it's not there. His room is cleaned out of toys (they keep him up all night) so that was an easy check.

Today is a new day...hopefully I'll find it when I get home tonight.

My daughter once buried my keys in a pile of stones around our house. She was 4 or 5; I can't remember. I offered her a reward if she could find them and low and behold it worked. Could try that, make a game out of it..."Find The Cart" Good luck! :cool:

That sucks. If he wanted to mess with a 2600 cart, why couldn't he have taken your copy of ET instead?

This is actually a good idea. Plug in E.T. every night (and make sure to buy a supply of them) so if he takes them out it won't be any of the good stuff. Maybe throw in a few Pac Mans and Combat for randomness.

Seriously, I hope you find it!

lol i feel your pain. we are very blessed that our daughter does not do this very often, but she does. we call it the 'trinity object relocation service' and things go on tors (pronounced like tours.) she loves putting things inside of things and usually in weird, obscure places... every once in a while i will open a drawer and find something completely surprising :)

So, my wife and I have custody of our 5 year old grandson. He's been with us for about a year and he has some issues...the worst of which is that developmentally, he's closer to 3 years old.

I go downstairs after a long day's work, planning to play some Secret Quest (this week's HSC game) on my modded 7800, via my Harmony Cart. Lo and behold, the cart is not in the console. It NEVER leaves the console. I proceed to tear the room apart, looking for it. In spite of the fact that I know it's worthless to try, I decide to ask my grandson if he touched my Harmony Cart. He tells me "Yes, I did." So, I ask him what he did with it. He has no idea.

So, long story short, it could be in that room...it could be outside...it could be in the trash...it could have been flushed down the toilet for all I know. I'm so freakin' bugged right now, words can't describe. :mad:

Sorry...I just had to vent somewhere where folks would understand. The wife surely doesn't. :(

Let me guess. The wife is saying something like, "So, a small child misplaced a grown man's toy that he couldn't be bothered with putting away for safekeeping." In the eyes of the small child, the cartridge is just a toy. In the eyes of the wife who "does not understand," the cartridge is just a toy. But in the eyes of the grown man who can accurately assess the developmental age of his grandson, it is the most important thing in his world.

There's probably a lesson to be learned in there somewhere.

Let me guess. The wife is saying something like, "So, a small child misplaced a grown man's toy that he couldn't be bothered with putting away for safekeeping." In the eyes of the small child, the cartridge is just a toy. In the eyes of the wife who "does not understand," the cartridge is just a toy. But in the eyes of the grown man who can accurately assess the developmental age of his grandson, it is the most important thing in his world.

There's probably a lesson to be learned in there somewhere.

Yeah, Don't leave yer Chit lying around or it'll disappear. :lolblue:

Exactly why I moved my games collection to my bedroom. Yes it's crowded and doesn't look as presentable as it did in the "media" room, and more importantly it sucks when I have buddies over and we fire up combat or I just want to show my collection off. BUT, when my three year old was CONSTANTLY taking carts out, lying them on the floor then putting them back in NON-ALPHABETICAL ORDER :x I knew I had to figure something out. When he threw my Kaboom cart on the floor and the casing broke into 10 little pieces, I said "THAT'S IT" (thank god it wasn't Vulture Attack or crazy Climber or something rare).

Worst part though the space I cleared where my games WERE is now filled with crap the wife wanted there all along, so when my son is older and I'm able to move everything back, I probably won't be able to. :sad: