atariksi (N), 4ks (N), marius1976 (N)

A: 27,500 (4Ks)

B: 38,900 (Marius)

C: 39,350 (Atariksi)

D: 60,050 (Marius) *B*

E: 91,100 (Atariksi)

F: 106,450 (Marius) *B*

G: 80,250 (Atariksi)

Improved race G. Will give race E another go.

Marius, try to improve on B; you could win the triple crown here-- best in all three of your races. Otherwise, we will use 4Ks race B as I don't think it will affect our position in standings. That means, 4Ks you should try to improve your score > 37K.

A: 27,500 (4Ks)

B: 38,900 (Marius)

C: 39,350 (Atariksi)

D: 60,050 (Marius) *B*

E: 101,900 (Atariksi)

F: 106,450 (Marius) *B*

G: 80,250 (Atariksi)

Almost finished E but crashed in lap 8 twice and missed the finish line by a few seconds. Used too much cloak in the next run and got 100K although with only one crash instead of 101.9K. Just got too many cars in a row who wouldn't budge their positions and cost me a bunch of cloak.

All this Pole Positioning may screw up people's driving. Hopefully, people won't be driving like that in real life as addicting as the game is.

My Internet was down for a whole day and a half...Ohh..the horrors!!(got to spend a little extra time with PAM instead :D )

Team score table so far:

The Road Warriors

We don'tdo have a motto: "Ride to live, live to ride"

Atarianna(P), Atariron82(N), & OfficialNinja(N)

A-Malibu Grand Prix(1 lap )--?? :) ??(atarianna)

B-Malibu Grand Prix(2 laps)--39,200(OfficialNinja)

C-Namco Speedway(2 laps)---35,450(atariron82)

D-Namco Speedway(4 laps)---55,900(atariron82)

E-Namco Speedway(8 laps)---42,500(OfficialNinja)

F-Atari Grand Prix (8 laps)--54,600(atariron82)

G-Atari GP(driver#2-8 laps)--?? ?? ??(OfficialNinja)

My pics: C, D & F

post-21471-129268976585_thumb.pngpost-21471-12927024626_thumb.pngpost-21471-129268983832_thumb.png

@Atarianna: Hope to see your "A" score soon when you get your Emu up and running :)

@OfficialNinja: F/G are really tough to finish. See how you can do at race G. I ran out of time just shy of the fifth lap. Did you want to tackle E or D?

Ok, I just played Atari GP, 44800.

• Like 1

Humm pity... I just drove a nice 39200 on race B... but it isn't mine anymore ;)

But ok...

Is 4ks still around? I think he does not know he is expected to drive B!

Greetz

M.

I'm still here. I just haven't gotten around to giving Race B another go.

All this Pole Positioning may screw up people's driving. Hopefully, people won't be driving like that in real life as addicting as the game is.

no, as many friends have told me, my inspiration for driving came from a movie... The Blues Brothers... especially after the day i caught air in the city. but then this seems to be genetic as my mother wouldnt ride with my grandmother, for the same thing...

sloopy.

Never thought about making a third lane down the middle of the road, just the oncoming traffic problem, should make all the roads one way :D

I've updated the scores/tables on post 230. Please check your scores and post any corrections.

If Mister VCS wants transfer to the Road Warriors to get you all fully up and running - you guys can re-do/switch around races to get sorted. I think goochman will play next week so he can have anyone else who wants to play for the other team :)

A: Zylon= 28,200

B: Divya16= 38,950

C: Divya16= 39,200

D: Roadrunner= 56,650

E: Zylon= 104,450

F: Divya16= 57,250

G: Roadrunner= 53,250

Improved A, 28,200. The PAL conversion factor is "off" on that one since the time difference is 3 seconds equaling 600 points. I've been "playing around" with the PAL version.

All my scores are on NTSC OE hardware with bad J on keyboard and cx-10 stick.

Just added RR's updated G

post-25215-129280733431_thumb.jpg

Edited by zylon

After narrowly avoiding a rules infraction team Milk Runners wishes to post a scoring update and mention that we had posted a race lineup change on the 17th

Milk Runners

A - 28,000 (A8isA1)

B - 37,500 (Fres)

C - 38,300 (A8isA1)

D - 53,200 (Fres)

E - 75,100 (OrpheusWaking)

F - 78,400 (Fres)

G - 43,650 (OrpheusWaking)

Total=354,150

OrpheusWaking said he will post pics when he can free up some time. He also implied that racing may have been impacted by an equipment failure. Something about doing his best Pole Position laps in the garbage disposal unit. (Maybe I misunderstood).

-Steve

Edited by a8isa1

Zylon thanks for the analysis of 'Race A' PAL vs NTSC - I have made this a 600pt penalty :thumbsup:

Gwobby - MopChop's scores need posting :!:

Fres - if your old scores were PAL then the ones you posted now are NTSC and all is well, otherwise please check as these are lower than the ones I had!

a8isa1 - so you narrowly avoided a rules infraction eh, will be checking you are only drinking milk ;)

Goochman - Mister VCS had done race B but I put your score in as was higher

Everyone - I've updated the tables on Post 230, lots of action already and with just two players AWOL we nearly have a full set of teams :thumbsup:

Anyone else - if you want to play just post, can join in at any time :)

Zylon thanks for the analysis of 'Race A' PAL vs NTSC - I have made this a 600pt penalty :thumbsup:

Gwobby - MopChop's scores need posting :!:

Fres - if your old scores were PAL then the ones you posted now are NTSC and all is well, otherwise please check as these are lower than the ones I had!

a8isa1 - so you narrowly avoided a rules infraction eh, will be checking you are only drinking milk ;)

Goochman - Mister VCS had done race B but I put your score in as was higher

Everyone - I've updated the tables on Post 230, lots of action already and with just two players AWOL we nearly have a full set of teams :thumbsup:

Anyone else - if you want to play just post, can join in at any time :)

My score for E should be 101,900 instead of 91,100.

Here's some ABCs of Pole Positioning slow-downs. A: A+ is to never slow down and stay on the road. This is theoretical and never really doable. B: border, brakes, or both-- if you have to slow down like you have to at that first black sign on the left at the curve, go for the border first and then brakes or worse case both. C: Crash-- that's the worse possible way to slow down. Not only do you lose time but also the bonus points for not passing more vehicles once the laps are over.

another trick I've found is you actually have 3 positions in the "center" lane. If you can manage to stay perfectly centered when passing through a pack of cars, you'll be able to accelerate faster and have less slowdowns when passing. That's not always possible but you can nudge the steering away from the car closest to you to pass quicker.

another trick I've found is you actually have 3 positions in the "center" lane. If you can manage to stay perfectly centered when passing through a pack of cars, you'll be able to accelerate faster and have less slowdowns when passing. That's not always possible but you can nudge the steering away from the car closest to you to pass quicker.

That's what BountyBob suggested above in #282. However, it's not doable at curves. Did you do it at curves? That would require quite some joystick control mastery if at doable.

That's what BountyBob suggested above in #282. However, it's not doable at curves. Did you do it at curves? That would require quite some joystick control mastery if at doable.

You can do it in the curves as it seems to force one of the cars to speed up making more room but it's very "touchy". Just the finest of taps to the steering. It's only something I'd do in the shorter races though.

WOOHOOO! FINISHED RACE F/G with a score of 102,150

Well done young Gwobby, that moves Team GOPE up a place, checkout Post 230 ;)

Now see if you can all improve your other scores - yes YOU MOPCHOP :P

Don't forget to vote for the Season Finale: Game 21 :!: :)

WOOHOOO! FINISHED RACE F/G with a score of 102,150

Well done young Gwobby, that moves Team GOPE up a place, checkout Post 230 ;)

Now see if you can all improve your other scores - yes YOU MOPCHOP :P

Don't forget to vote for the Season Finale: Game 21 :!: :)

I have improved a score, d- 59,450, now to try E again

e-104,800

Edited by Gwobby