IGNORED

HSC7 Game 20: Pole Position

Team There and Back, when the chips are down, in the midst of an administrative nightmare . . .

A 27, 750 (lj)

B (sloop)

C (sloop)

D 55,050 (trbbb)

E (lj)

F 54, 100 (trbb)

G (sloop)

total thus far : 136,900 NTSC

to get me started...

B - 38950

C - 39250

G - 55000

pics to come tonight...

sloopy.

So break it to me gently, i'm letting the team down with Race F - don't think I'll forget there's an individual bonus point at stake here too... off to the track... back soon ;)

p.s. we had BCG's :!: at school

[edit]

Guess what I did again :x

post-19705-12922824061_thumb.png

and 42,350... ok that's all for today

There and Back

A 27,750 (lj)

B 38,950 (sloop)

C 39,250 (sloop)

D 55,050 (trbb)

E (lj)

F 54,100 (trbb)

G 55,000 (sloop)

Team Total 270,050

I need a team. Any team have an open spot for me?

You have a home with team "The Road Warriors"! We need drivers to attempt races A, C, E, and G. I'm working on tracks B, D, & F currently(got scores to post). Atarianna has 1st dibs on races A & C if she would like :) .

That's same as I got. I want you to give E a shot (8 laps of Namco). If you can outdo Roadrunner, we can swap D with E. I will be doing B & C & F.

Here's my B&C scores:

Within the hour...

Update: Here's E

Great score zylon! :thumbsup:

Thanks. I'm still working on that one.I keep getting held up by a pack of slow cars on final turn of lap 7. I believe A is maxed out at 27,900 for NTSC. I'm also still working on the 5200 version as atariski has just upped the ante.

That's same as I got. I want you to give E a shot (8 laps of Namco). If you can outdo Roadrunner, we can swap D with E. I will be doing B & C & F.

Here's my B&C scores:

Within the hour...

Thanks. I'm still working on that one.I keep getting held up by a pack of slow cars on final turn of lap 7. I believe A is maxed out at 27,900 for NTSC. I'm also still working on the 5200 version as atariski has just upped the ante.

Haven't really spent much time on Atari 5200 version but it's definitely harder to keep the car straight for a long duration using the controllers I have than on the Atari 800 version.

Here's my B&C scores:

Within the hour...

Haven't really spent much time on Atari 5200 version but it's definitely harder to keep the car straight for a long duration using the controllers I have than on the Atari 800 version.

Hope that's not them beer controllers :D

I need a team. Any team have an open spot for me?

You have a home with team "The Road Warriors"! We need drivers to attempt races A, C, E, and G. I'm working on tracks B, D, & F currently(got scores to post). Atarianna has 1st dibs on races A & C if she would like :) .

Thanks! I was pressed for time tonight, but I got to play one game, Mailbu, got 39200.

Tomorrow I will play more!

For the people who are looking for the ORIGINAL PolePosition (no pal fixes or whatever) but with the finish flag bug fixed...

Also look in "my" other thread about this: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/173793-poleposition-pal-fix/page__pid__2157698#entry2157698

So you can play this XEX on Original Equipment if you like, and still look at a nice finish flag when near to finish.

Have fun with it!

Marius

@therealbountybob all NTSC scores I posted in this thread (Race B, D and F) are my scores for the HSC Pole Position. Do you want me to repost them for your score table?

@therealbountybob all NTSC scores I posted in this thread (Race B, D and F) are my scores for the HSC Pole Position. Do you want me to repost them for your score table?

If each team posts a summary of their scores every so often it will help me keep track of things; then I'll put an overall table together :)

a8isa1, Fres, and OrpheusWaking are now known as "Milk Runners" ... (thanks Steve)

A: Orpheus

B: Fres (37500) <--- corrected, was 39350

C: a8isa1

D: Fres (53200)

E: Orpheus

F: Fres (78400)

G: a8isa1

If you guys have any probs with the assignments, lemme know. I figured I would do three, and you could each do two. If we rearrange it someone might end up doing two in the middle section.

170950 (actually 169100 after correction) so far, but I'm going to be trying some more over the next few days. By the 20th, I will probably have to post my last score, but we'll see.

Will post pics later.

-John

Here's a scoreboard for WinningThePooh...

A - 27,500 (4Ks)

B - 38,900 (Marius1976)

C - 37,900 (atariksi)

D - 54,450 (4Ks)

E - 89,600 (atariksi)

F - 106,450 (Marius1976)

G - 57,050 (atariksi)

Total score: 478,250

Now hurry it up and post some more scores already, you two!

Here's summary of scores so far for Drift Kids (all NTSC except where indicated otherwise):

A: Zylon: 27,900

B: Divya: 38,950

C: Divya: 38,500

D: RoadRunner: ??? (give me your NTSC score here)

E: Zylon: 89,700

F: Divya: 104,350 (PAL), 53,800 (NTSC)

G: RoadRunner: 88050 (PAL), 42,650 (NTSC)

So for F & G, we are getting like half the score with NTSC.

My previous msg got cut off. I was saying if people wait for game to end and allow display to show the race and number of laps and then take the screen shot, that would be more helpful than just a screenshot of the score. That way any mistakes can be spotted.

Here's summary of scores so far for Drift Kids (all NTSC except where indicated otherwise):

So for F & G, we are getting like half the score with NTSC.

My previous msg got cut off. I was saying if people wait for game to end and allow display to show the race and number of laps and then take the screen shot, that would be more helpful than just a screenshot of the score. That way any mistakes can be spotted.

I deleted the other post for you; good tip re the screenshots :thumbsup:

If you want to become the Drift Men one day you have to make it on NTSC :D

I failed again today, managed 53,250 on F, this NTSC business sure is a toughie ;)

There and Back

A 27,750 (lj)

B 39,250 (sloop)

C 39,500 (sloop)

D 58,100 (trbb)

E ??,??? (lj)

F 54,100 (trbb)

G 58,400 (sloop)

Team Total 277,100

Had one last go on Race D, at least I got to see the chequered flags for a change 58,100 :)

post-19705-129236561919_thumb.png

Race D NTSC 46,050 so far. I'm letting my team down. :(

You're only a lap away, keep trying. If all else fails, we could use my "D". The big point killers are the 8 lap races. Try some different controllers. I've used cx10, cx40(with and without boot), genesis pad, and SMS pad.

Edited by zylon

@4ks atariksi asked me in this thread to race race D ... I got 60050 points in NTSC on race D already ...

I think some of those scores are wrong in that table. Perhaps, if one of you gets time you can collect our highest scores posted so far in the thread for NTSC. Here's my latest score for race C. I have no access to PAL so all of my scores will always be NTSC. Also which score are we way behind in since we can work on that race next.

post-12094-129239171983_thumb.jpg

@atariksi, 4ks and the realbounty bob.

These are my scores so far, for our team. It is Race B, D and F all NTSC.

Race B: 38900 points NTSC

Race D: 60050 points NTSC

Race F: 106450 points NTSC

It's ok for me to drop Race D, but since I have the highest score from everyone till now... I think it would be a 'lost' for our team to drop it. atariksi is teamcaptain, so he can decide!

Greetz

M.