IGNORED

Space Harrier News

Sheddy

Just to let you all know I've actually got round to posting some new stuff on the website. The website has been redone a bit too - do let me know if it breaks!

Wow! Awesome screens on your news section.

This looks like you have something for santa to bring all us eight bit fans this year?

As it is usual at pouet: :thumbsup:

But here we can have a couple of those thumbs :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Though I've only been coming on a small few years, one project that I've been watching since the start is yours.

How you manage to cram this into an Atari, I really do not know, but you impress me immensely.

Good luck with your final few steps now, 'technically' this may well become the best game on the Atari. Dare I cheekily ask after all this work if you have any plans for any other games after this?!!

Sheddy, nice to see your progress.

But, hey , to be serious... this title.... "Conversion by Chris Hutt, Music by Sal Esquivel". I didn't know, he was working at SEGA back in the 80s ;)

What about "Atari 800 XE version by Chris Hutt, POKEY Music by Sal Esquivel" ? Which would resemble the facts more ;)

This looks like you have something for santa to bring all us eight bit fans this year?

I'm not sure it will quite make it in time for Christmas, but maybe when you are getting a little fed up of all your new presents it will be ready ;)

How you manage to cram this into an Atari, I really do not know, but you impress me immensely.

Good luck with your final few steps now, 'technically' this may well become the best game on the Atari. Dare I cheekily ask after all this work if you have any plans for any other games after this?!!

Thanks, but it's really just down to using a really big cartridge and me just keeping on plugging away at it over the years.

No idea about doing any other games yet, but if I do, they'd probably not be quite as ambitious; at my usual pace of work, I'd never live long enough to finish them!

But, hey , to be serious... this title.... "Conversion by Chris Hutt, Music by Sal Esquivel". I didn't know, he was working at SEGA back in the 80s ;)

What about "Atari 800 XE version by Chris Hutt, POKEY Music by Sal Esquivel" ? Which would resemble the facts more ;)

Yes, I suppose it could be read the wrong way - I'll make it clearer. Thanks!

Any videos yet?

Altirra does a pretty good job of them, maybe give it a try if you don't have a capture card.

I'll get some done in the next day or so. Phaeron is doing great work with Altirra, and I'm using it for pretty much everything these days, so I'm really looking forward to giving that a go. I did have to use Atari800WinPlus for the "interlaced" screenshots though.

Great News! and a quick suggestion...

It sounds like high-score tune is only two voices, but it's pretty high in pitch and therefore out of tune using 8-bit divisors. Any chance you could get Sal to use 16-bit divisors for that one?

Edited by Bryan

Great News! and a quick suggestion...

It sounds like high-score tune is only two voices, but it's pretty high in pitch and therefore out of tune using 8-bit divisors. Any chance you could get Sal to use 16-bit divisors for that one?

Any chance you could get Raster to put 16 bit "word" support into RMT?

Any chance you could get Raster to put 16 bit "word" support into RMT?

I've watched RMT link two voices together during playback, but it won't do that for pitch control?

Exactly. What is possible, is to put several instruments on both channels to adjust the 16 value, but this is nothing useful...

16 Bit control is only available for generator "C" aka basstones.

Hello Chris

Good to hear you're still working at the game. Will you offer cartridges or will it come as a binary that we have to flash into some kind of cart?

sincerely

Mathy

I can only offer it as a binary, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sal's AtariSales will be able to offer it as a cartridge (I see from a post a couple of months back he has already designed a suitable label) :) Although I haven't asked him, Steve from Atarimax may also be able to pre-load one of his "blank" 8Mbit Maxflash carts if you ask nicely :)

Just OOI Sheddy, is all this all your coding or did you get some stuff from the other 8bit versions (i.e amstrad/c64)

The coding is all mine. Figuring out how to do things and writing it from scratch is what I've enjoyed most about the project. The other 8-bit versions are way too different from the Arcade original for my liking (with the possible exception of the PC-Engine), so reusing or porting any code was never really something I considered.

This game deserve a good package, like GR8 Software ones!

Thank you Philsan :)

Congratulations Sheddy! Your game looks really amazing.

SH is the most wanted Atari game now, so every publisher wants to publish this title.

Unfortunately I have no spare time for my hobby at all. So I was forced to suspend my GR8 Software activity for some time.

And I'm afraid the SH's copyrights belongs to Sega :/

And I'm afraid the SH's copyrights belongs to Sega :/

Yes. Some people do have problems to see the difference here. Producing a game with a copyrighted background and give it away free, will cause no problems.

Make a bundle to sell it, could result in big problems. Renaming Bomb Jake (for example) does not save it from some copyright issues.

Better ask the copyright owner for permission to "sell" it, or simply don't sell it.