IGNORED

FS: Philips CD-I Portables

gkarris

Hello!

I used to sell on eBay - put recently got buyer scammed (as well as a friend of mine).

Don't want to sell there anymore (they get to keep the item and the money... :( ).

I've got 2 Philips CD-I Portable Units - one New In Box an the other used with just the box (I'm keeping the used Complete In Box for my collection).

Any interests?

I will need to take US Postal Money Orders only (since I was scammed on eBay/PayPal).

Thanks!

Still sounds sketchy.

Yes it does. Pics are a must these days and what's up with only accepting money orders? Buyers are liars these days for sure - but if you want to sell outside of ePay/ScamPal, you'd better be willing to accept more payment choices than just money orders. People shouldn't have to purchase those and go through all the inconvenience just because some seller can't wait for a check to clear.

And why mention you're selling 'portables' as in plural and then later claim you're keeping the CIB example? Sounds like you're only selling one new in the box to me. Asking price? Model number? Location? ePay user name? Other points of reference? Your profile is incomplete.

Edited by save2600

^^^ mean people - not my type of customer....

WOW - tough crowd...

two - one NEW, other used in box (not complete)

My eBay ID is gkarris if you want my ratings...

People only want money orders because on eBay, PayPal favors buyers. Buyer scammers are getting items, then telling PayPal they never received it - they keep the item and get the money back...

Will get to the pics this week which will have all the info...

Edited by gkarris

Referring to highly respected members of this forum as "mean people" isn't your best bet for making a good first impression. We've all had our asses burnt both as sellers and buyers, so we are skeptical of any deals involving money orders and/or wire transfers as payment options.

^^^ mean people - not my type of customer....

WOW - tough crowd...

two - one NEW, other used in box (not complete)

My eBay ID is gkarris if you want my ratings...

People only want money orders because on eBay, PayPal favors buyers. Buyer scammers are getting items, then telling PayPal they never received it - they keep the item and get the money back...

Will get to the pics this week which will have all the info...

If you pay the extra $0.70 and get a tracking number if someone claims they did not get it then just show paypal the tracking number if it was delivered then you have nothing to worry about

If you pay the extra $0.70 and get a tracking number if someone claims they did not get it then just show paypal the tracking number if it was delivered then you have nothing to worry about

Always, but PayPal ultimately favors the buyer and the money is now just pulled from your account and the buyer doesn't have to return the item.

I have a couple of PM's as well - my day off this week is Wed. and I will post pics and extensively test the units (not much a CD-I collector and just got a couple of games and loose table unit a couple of years back at the Midwest Gaming Expo).

Trying to find a fair price on these things but can only find some person in the UK selling them for outrageous $.

Want to help out fellow collectors and will sell for a lot more reasonable. Make offers after you've seen the pics.

Always, but PayPal ultimately favors the buyer and the money is now just pulled from your account and the buyer doesn't have to return the item.

Why don't you explain the entire story of how you got scammed from Ebay/Paypal? If you have delivery confirmation, the buyer doesn't have much of a leg to stand on (other than "its broken" and then they have to return it).

Otherwise, your story doesn't sound accurate.

PayPal and eBay *ARE* getting worse pro-consumer scam wise. Even if you have delivery confirmation, your account and your funds are frozen until the matter (or "investigation", which is a total joke getting anyone to communicate) is settled.

I recently changed bank accounts on my PayPal account. Get this... even though I had a $180 balance, I could NOT send anyone money until PayPal verified this new bank account. What the fook was that all about?? Total retardation if you ask me. PayPal is NOT the future for safe trading and neither is eBay. You're getting it from both ends dealing with 'em anymore. There's just as many crooked sellers as there are buyers these days. Okay, maybe a few more crooked buyers icon_wink.gif

BTW: gkarris - I could have sworn someone here sold a loose, but complete portable CD-i unit in the neighborhood of $60-$80. A search might reveal that post...

Edited by save2600

BTW: gkarris - I could have sworn someone here sold a loose, but complete portable CD-i unit in the neighborhood of $60-$80. A search might reveal that post...

Thanks for your help!

I'm *thinking* about $100 plus shipping on the loose one (has box, no manuals, etc.). Trying to figure out how much someone would spend on the new one...

Although I have only been burned once on eBay (as Buyer), I do agree it is kind of a scam when there are other options like right here, GameTZ, Amazon, etc... I was considering listing some things here to see if any of you guys would be interested in them, any advice? Is there an easy way to link my GameTZ/eBay/Amazon feedback to the post? I have seen some people do this so there must be. Also, is there a feedback system on this site? I would much rather sell vintage/collectible stuff here and give the 15% savings to you guys instead of paying eBay.

Although I have only been burned once on eBay (as Buyer), I do agree it is kind of a scam when there are other options like right here, GameTZ, Amazon, etc... I was considering listing some things here to see if any of you guys would be interested in them, any advice? Is there an easy way to link my GameTZ/eBay/Amazon feedback to the post? I have seen some people do this so there must be. Also, is there a feedback system on this site? I would much rather sell vintage/collectible stuff here and give the 15% savings to you guys instead of paying eBay.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/forum/104-user-feedback-forum/

its not your traditional feedback system, but it's good. I just wish someone would post some positives for me.

As to the thread topic, i'm interested in the portable, but i won't pm until the pics are posted. And I agree about ebay. It's not for sellers anymore at all.