IGNORED

7800 Expansion Module (XM) hardware & game details - 7/8/2016

Lendorien

• 1 month later...

Would need more memory storage than most games currently have to begin to do it justice. Maybe with the XM onboard tech being able to replace much of what was needed for extended memory, enhanced music on cart, etc, maybe someone can figure out a way to rig up an extended memory "dumb" cart, say with 1MB, 16MB of space.

• 3 months later...

I know the developers don't want to annoynce their games until they are ready and all the reasons why. It makes sense! I'd just like to know how many games are in the works for the XM before I buy. I know Dungeon but that's the only one I know of thats in the works. Certainly there are more. I hope someone can give a rough estimate of how many games are in the pipeline. I won't pay $100 just to play 3 new games. But 7 to 11 or more ABSOLUTELY! Either ways its the best thing to happen to the 7800 since Klax or even in the past 20 years. It's a great example of the fruits of this community. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thank you.

I second that! Everyone involved rocks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHAK5DDNF3k

Ohh I'm sure someone can think of something... :lust: If it can be ported to an NES, I'm sure something can be worked out for the 7800 XM add-on. Besides I'd like to see a fighting platform for the XM. :D :thumbsup: :cool:

I would love it since the system is dry for a fighter. Sounds like a fun art project.;)

• 3 weeks later...

doesnt sound very promising, thought it was due out last month? a bunch of games just to keep your high scores? i think ill hold off for now. its a good idea and i hope great things come of it though.

Have you looked at the XM specs and the list of games in the first post?

um ok.. where do I preorder the thing? Forgive me if it is obvious, but I didn't see an order button on the status page... which is really exciting to see btw.

Curt, take my money. I have no games from the Atari Age store (its been down since I started coming here; or I would have a number of them already) and no CC2 or H2 to upgrade bios with and will be too broke for games after but I must have this thing! Though I am now concerned about bios upgrading in the future. Ah to heck with it... I want one! Someone point me to the checkout please.

Alright! Am I one of the cool kids now? Seriously, I can't wait! So since I have no AA release games yet what should I be looking to when the store comes back up, or what should I hold off on in reference to updated titles? I'm a high school teacher so its not in the budget for me to buy Pac Collection more than once.. not if I don't want my wife to kill me anyway. So what should I go ahead and get and what should I wait on?

I get nerd giggles thinking about this thing.

Devs, Brewers, AA community, ya'll are awesome.

Oh and thanks for the link GB! You are super cool and helpful as always!

Edited by gorfcadet

So what should I go ahead and get and what should I wait on?

The first post in this thread has a list of games that will be XM compatible. So that would be a good place to start. If you are into emulation there are plenty of 7800 homebrew ROMs floating around the forum in the Homebrew Development and 7800 sections. Just download and play ;). I also have a list of my WIPs and releases on my About Me profile page too.

Oh and thanks for the link GB! You are super cool and helpful as always!

No probs.

• 2 months later...

Oh... I saw something on the XM status page on curt's entry regarding HSC compatibility with Stargate. I misunderstood that...All this hardware jargon is beyond me.

That should be incompatibility ;). XM's HSC RAM and SARA RAM (in the Stargate cart) map to the same address range which leads to read data conflicts.