IGNORED

7800 Expansion Module (XM) hardware & game details - 7/8/2016

Lendorien

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

it depends what they use xm for. Hsc and pokey are available elsewhere now. Yamaha and keyboard? Not so much. I imagine a Yamaha game would play ok but missing audio. Playing a keyboard game (if there were any) would be like playing without joysticks, you might be able to look at the pretty colors on screen but not do anything.

• 2 months later...

Are they all being built in one place, I ask because that kind of limits output? Just wondering what the turn around time is like on making XMs, for comparison it was quite a while before the second run of the Super Game Module happened. If I miss the first run supplies would it be some time before another round? :)

I love expansion modules but it's hard to get the independently made ones. Do you think some day these could end up on the Store page?

• Like 1

it depends what they use xm for. Hsc and pokey are available elsewhere now. Yamaha and keyboard? Not so much. I imagine a Yamaha game would play ok but missing audio. Playing a keyboard game (if there were any) would be like playing without joysticks, you might be able to look at the pretty colors on screen but not do anything.

What do you mean "HSC and POKEY are available elsewhere now"? There's what, 200 HSC cartridges out in the wild? Of course, the potential use of HSC will rapidly grow far larger than that number once the Concerto is out of beta release.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Did this thread recently get re-pinned to the top or maybe I just noticed it was? I thought it was un-pinned a while ago due to the other "releasing next month" thread that is pinned above.

It's been another while without any easily found information and with that said, does anyone have news (of any kind) on this project's current status please?

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

What did that update include?

Sorry for long delay... work and family have taken up a lot of time... will be finishing up the SMD conversion in next 2 weeks and then can run trace tests and run off a few testing boards to see how the design carries over. Will keep everyone posted once that is ready.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, evg2000 said:

Sorry for long delay... work and family have taken up a lot of time... will be finishing up the SMD conversion in next 2 weeks and then can run trace tests and run off a few testing boards to see how the design carries over. Will keep everyone posted once that is ready.

Ah, ok, I did see that one. Thanks for re-posting that.

• 2 months later...