IGNORED

7800 Expansion Module (XM) hardware & game details - 7/8/2016

Lendorien

• 2 weeks later...

My biggest concern right now is that it will ship to the right place. I don't mind the delay given that it's an ambitious project done not for money, but almost like an art. But I've also moved twice since I pre-ordered this thing nearly two years ago and I'm not convinced my correct current address is on file despite changing it.

If I remember correctly, Curt mentioned that he will be sending out confirmation messages shortly before the XM ships so as to ensure that they get to their proper homes. I, too, have moved a couple time since ordering my XMs, so this information stuck out at me when he posted it awhile back. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Legacy is no more. It's the SYZYGY Company now. Check out the facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/syzygycompany

They are starting to push out some products. The new Atari book and a new USB controller:

http://www.atarimuse...sic2/index.html

They are shipping the XMs at the end of January 2013...

Mark and I will implement the firmware and after the New Year I will prepare the workshop for assembly, and begin to build out the XM's to begin shipping January 30th.

Mark and I will implement the firmware and after the New Year I will prepare the workshop for assembly, and begin to build out the XM's to begin shipping January 30th.

Edited by smagnotta
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I want one of these, will it only enhance the XM made titles or will it be able to change the BMG/SFX for the original carts as well? The build site seems to be down at least for me.

Anyone know if they are still taking pre-orders since the Legacy site is no more?

Edited by Shinju

Umm It will save high scores on original games. Offer pokey or yamaha sound on hombrew carts made for it or utilize the extra ram/mappers. also offer a port for a xe type keyboard to be used if software is implemented for it. I think 250 units will be made to ship at the end of Jan. Extra xms may be not avaible as Curt is a little pissed at some flak he got and may have given up on atari just because of it.

Thats the facts as I know...

Umm It will save high scores on original games. Offer pokey or yamaha sound on hombrew carts made for it or utilize the extra ram/mappers. also offer a port for a xe type keyboard to be used if software is implemented for it. I think 250 units will be made to ship at the end of Jan. Extra xms may be not avaible as Curt is a little pissed at some flak he got and may have given up on atari just because of it.

Thats the facts as I know...

I didn't follow it all, but was Curt the likely guy to make the Keyboard or was it compatible with already existing ones? If Curt was supposed to make it, I'd think that port is now going to stay empty forever. I mean, unless the incredible, amazing pile of fun Curt was having with all this inspired someone else to invest time and energy into something this difficult.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What I would love to see:

The XM module on the 7800 with a keyboard and disc drive, and a lot of the programming software on the Atari 8-bit (like Turbo BASIC and Action) ported to the 7800. This would open up programming to a lot more users. We'd have another computer platform, essentially.

What I would love to see:

The XM module on the 7800 with a keyboard and disc drive, and a lot of the programming software on the Atari 8-bit (like Turbo BASIC and Action) ported to the 7800. This would open up programming to a lot more users. We'd have another computer platform, essentially.

OSS wrote a BASIC for the 7800. I believe Curt has a copy of it. I don't know if he or anybody could get it to work with the XM or not though. I'm really interested in what they got it to do. They were talented programmers so I'm sure they did their best to get the BASIC to do a lot.

Allan