IGNORED

Funny / Stupid / Crazy / Lame Auction Listings

nofrills100

Does anyone know why this C64 game sold for over $500: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2612813808951?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=261281380895&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

No clue. It's a US version of the Imagine conversion that was released in the UK and I know for a fact that it received pretty good distribution as I still have my original copy (not sealed, but mint and complete) that I bought at Software Etc.

I was just going to ask about that. I didn't think that looked right.

Not only that, but they have an 'Eli's Ladder' for sale as well. I believe someone on here commented on that being fake as well.

Edited by Atari_Bill

I saw those too. I can't say I am understanding the price spike on ebay as of late. Tunnel Runner, Mountain King, & Omega Race all went for at least twice what they've been selling for. I had each of them in my sights and looked up each of the past sales. All were were way over any of the recent sales. Tunnel Runner was especially weird with someone bidding in $2 increments over and over. I never understand why people do that. Ebay is designed to eliminate the need for that. :?

I saw those too. I can't say I am understanding the price spike on ebay as of late. Tunnel Runner, Mountain King, & Omega Race all went for at least twice what they've been selling for. I had each of them in my sights and looked up each of the past sales. All were were way over any of the recent sales. Tunnel Runner was especially weird with someone bidding in $2 increments over and over. I never understand why people do that. Ebay is designed to eliminate the need for that. :?

You might want to ask Andre 81 as he was the runner up bidder on Tunnel Runner and bid over $99 for it.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1909064410701?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=190906441070&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

A NIB 7800 with four bundled games, twelve commons, Fatal Run and Midnight Mutants: $1200.

I just saw another NIB 7800 go for $150 with the same four games bundled to it. I'll be generous and value the 12 commons at $80 plus $100 for Fatal Run and Midnight Mutants. So at a very generous $330, the seller and I are $870 apart in our valuations. Best of luck to you.

Edited by atariLBC
  • Like 2

I'm the one who picked up this Omega Race and maybe I paid a little more over market price. But the last one I saw in similar condition was also around $100US and almost a year ago. I haven't received it yet (I'm in Australia), but it does look in excellent quality compared to previous ebay sales. Just kicking myself that I let the other Apollo games go so cheap.... That 2$ increment is an ebay sniper set to creep at 2$ Per bid - really annoying when it's down to the last 30seconds and some guy beats you by 2$!!

One by one we should hit the BIN, wait for him to refuse the sale, and leave a neg ;) and so on.

Though I doubt he would knock back the $3,000.

He had a thread here a few days ago. He was an unpleasant fellow and I guess Al banned him and deleted the thread. I would sure like to see what got him banned.