IGNORED

Funny / Stupid / Crazy / Lame Auction Listings

nofrills100

On 9/13/2020 at 8:03 PM, 0078265317 said:

Just found this.

Not bad for 83dollars.  But 1 million dollars for shipping a pair of shoes , wtf?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124159980409

That is frickin' odd!   I get the $3.99 price for shipping, but they only go up to size 10 so Nope! 

Honestly that is the first time I've seen such ridiculous shipping,  Give or take some auctions in the old days (before they included shipping in their final value fees);  I totally remember this one guy bucking the system by selling a Neo Geo AES for one cent but 800 dollars shipping, with a description saying if you don't understand don't bid, and so on...

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 1:51 PM, bluejay said:

For some reason ET carts seem to be listed for ridiculous prices. People think it's rare and nobody bought them, and the only few remaining were dug up from landfills. No clue why.

right after ready play one came out adventure was running 30-50 dollars cart only and cib was stupid expensive for a little while too

• Like 3

5 hours ago, stupus said:

Yeah there is a guy who painstakingly guts them puts in all new parts, puts them back together and adds a blue power light! They are awesome, he does not add new epoxy lol

Okay, now I am curious.  How does he remove the epoxy?  By hand?  Chemical?  I mean, yeah, it is a rather nice looking "shell," but it seems the effort in gutting it by hand would be ridiculous.

I believe he does it by hand. Carefully cutting the bottom of the case open, then scooping all the crap out. Cant remember if he used any heat. He sells them at the vcfmw shows and usually is working on making more while he sits at his show table.

He does a great job, they work great and the light is great to know it has power for sure. And for the price...i think about $35, they are a great deal in my opinion. I got 1 for me and ianoid and its all i use anymore. Cool that it looks like my childhood brick too. :)

I think he will take them in exchange toward a restored one. He didnt really seem to want to redo my childhood 1 and then sell it to me. I imagine doing that stuff would get it more confused. I can try and hunt down his details if you want.

I've done this and it works but I have one suggestion. Don't make the frame out of a soft wood. Some extractions take a bit more ooph than others and I notice that the power supply case can dig into a soft wood frame eventually causing the case to slip around too much. Oak might be the wood I try next. 

7 hours ago, stupus said:

I found kevin on youtube. He actually made videos of his secret methods so anybody can do his rebricking now. :)

Nice!  Yeah, I would not mind trading him what I have (something like seven or eight) for a re-brick.  If not, then now that I know they are usable, I might put my bricks up for a few bucks each.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Justin Payne said:

I've done this and it works but I have one suggestion. Don't make the frame out of a soft wood. Some extractions take a bit more ooph than others and I notice that the power supply case can dig into a soft wood frame eventually causing the case to slip around too much. Oak might be the wood I try next. 

Although oak would have almost no give to plastic so you might put the risk higher of cracking the box?

2 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Nice!  Yeah, I would not mind trading him what I have (something like seven or eight) for a re-brick.  If not, then now that I know they are usable, I might put my bricks up for a few bucks each.

You could try message him on youtube. I couldnt find other contact info handy as the vcfmw page seems to have almost all its info currently down. But i know people i could message that would have his info if he doesnt reply.

7 hours ago, stupus said:

Although oak would have almost no give to plastic so you might put the risk higher of cracking the box?

It's pretty hard plastic but red oak is consider the median for hardness so maybe go with a birch or cherry. All I know is the 2x4's you use for studs is too soft and and is dented by the case easily.

19 hours ago, Justin Payne said:

All I know is the 2x4's you use for studs is too soft and and is dented by the case easily.

Counter-point: the 2x4s you use for studs are cheap, plentiful, and I would rather have a dented wood-form than a broken case.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...