IGNORED

Funny / Stupid / Crazy / Lame Auction Listings

nofrills100

• 1 month later...

For me that crap is up to 123.45 economy shipping from Morrisville, PA to Louisville, KY   -- Perspective?  690mi, 10 1/2 hour drive if you follow speed laws exactly according to google.  What the hell is really in those train cars?  Coke smuggling operation?

7 hours ago, frankodragon said:

A model train set.  Looks tempting until you look at the shipping fee.

image.thumb.png.0386d5334b70932ba1f549e482e57c80.png

30 minutes ago, 0078265317 said:

Probably not.  But some out of print or odd ones are hard to find 

Yeah, I was expecting photos of more games piled up somewhere else, but looks like it was just that one closet.  Seller states there are about 125 games, so that averages $80 per game, I'm sure some of those are certainly worth more than that, while others are worth less.  Not a board game collector myself, but I'm sure there are many collectors out there.

..Al

As a general trend, Franklin Mint style specialized versions of Monopoly are worthless/valueless to board game fans. They only really have value to people who collect for the topic of the game (aka Pokemon collectors, etc.) rather than board game fans, since they're just the same game with kitschy graphics and maybe minor rule changes (LotR comes to mind).

There might be Monopoly fanatics or something, but for the most part anyone looking at that lot would want it for one game, and even then not for the game but "ooh, Jurassic Park thing" or "ooh, Disney thing I don't have!"

So yeah, that person is insane. :D

• Like 1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202974871862

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203113295832

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203046989658

I can't figure out what is going on here.  According to their feedback, people have supposedly paid some of those prices.

If they were trying to pull some kind of bullshit, wouldn't they still have a sales fee on that $8500.00 2600 PacMan?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Turbo-Torch said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202974871862

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203113295832

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203046989658

I can't figure out what is going on here.  According to their feedback, people have supposedly paid some of those prices.

If they were trying to pull some kind of bullshit, wouldn't they still have a sales fee on that $8500.00 2600 PacMan?

I've also seen some crazy prices on Heritage Auctions for WATA graded games.

1 hour ago, taxman said:

I've also seen some crazy prices on Heritage Auctions for WATA graded games.

Do they also have feedback showing they actually sold?  The Asteroids supposedly sold along with PacMan to the same buyer.  $10,500 for a pair of games that might be worth $25 on a good day?  Probably still crates of those 99¢ boxed games in an old Oshea storage cave. :lol:

If any sellers were trying to artificially inflate/influence the market through shill bidding, wouldn't they still have huge eBay commission fees, or is there some way around that?

Or is this all real because some self appointed game expert at WATA looks at a $10 game, puts it in a plastic case and now select idiots are willing to pay $10,000 for it?

2 hours ago, Turbo-Torch said:

Do they also have feedback showing they actually sold?  The Asteroids supposedly sold along with PacMan to the same buyer.  $10,500 for a pair of games that might be worth $25 on a good day?  Probably still crates of those 99¢ boxed games in an old Oshea storage cave. :lol:

If any sellers were trying to artificially inflate/influence the market through shill bidding, wouldn't they still have huge eBay commission fees, or is there some way around that?

Or is this all real because some self appointed game expert at WATA looks at a $10 game, puts it in a plastic case and now select idiots are willing to pay $10,000 for it?

Yes you can see sold prices on there. I've never sold on it, but I signed up to check it out. I know on Ebay you can cancel the shill bid transaction to circumvent the final value fee, but not sure if you could pull that off on Heritage Auctions.

Your comment on WATA is spot on. They are the self-appointed experts and even gone so far as to grade loose games too. People buying common items for high prices because it's boxed and graded will not end well if they really deem it an investment.

WATA is a huge problem, sleazy too.  I mean VGA was bad given they have no credibility or accountability at all with how they grade, no supplied sheets of comps or previous sales to backup values, won't even publish their grading scale and isn't consistent with re-submission.  But WATA they setup with heritage and the issue, they may show how they do it and have consistency, but they also don't give the normal auction roles of past values to back up what they're begging for.  And probably why this is, because board members of both companies have shared members.  It pays to have them do graded or even ungraded stuff, and at a benefit to themselves to overestimate anything they can get away with because then they can try and collect twice double dipping on fees having heritage run the auctions which they get a cut as well.  Pay to grade, get great grade, then place graded item up on their own partner auction site and let the bucks roll in.  Yeah, no conflict of interest there at all...definitely not.

• Like 1