IGNORED

Funny / Stupid / Crazy / Lame Auction Listings

nofrills100

Vintage ATARI 2600 Indy 500 Box Set - 1978 Ultra Rare!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1810196824771?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=181019682477&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Yea...it's rare alright...all that box needs is some meat tenderizer cause it certainly looks like ground beef! :lolblue:

Yeah, the box would have to go.

When I first got started and was green to the hobby, I ended up paying $5+2 shipping for the game, and I think another $15 for the controllers, because I couldn't seem to get my hands on it otherwise. After that, I must have gotten 3-4 copies over time in lots, and I now have a few driving controllers that were included with systems. Funny how things work like that.

Maybe $15 shipped isn't too bad for all of it isn't too bad.

• Like 1

That was a copy and paste from a neg school girl left for that seller

You know that reseller won a boxed Polaris cheap and when she resold it, used the same picture in her auction.

Didn't even bother to take a new picture.

Link to item she won eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3007786998191?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300778699819&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Link to item she resold eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1307672194881?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=130767219488&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Less profit for school cockroach and one game less he can resell. Does anyone need him in the collectors community? Glad he didn't got it.

I have dealt with Anna on many occasions, she is a collector and reseller. Anyone with a problem with the price she charges, just don't buy. It's not that diffucult, you can ask any price for anything you own, doesn't matter how outrageous others feel it is. Just don't buy it.

I've bought several items from her at much less than her asking price. Nothing but positive things to say about her.

I have dealt with Anna on many occasions, she is a collector and reseller. Anyone with a problem with the price she charges, just don't buy. It's not that diffucult, you can ask any price for anything you own, doesn't matter how outrageous others feel it is. Just don't buy it.

I've bought several items from her at much less than her asking price. Nothing but positive things to say about her.

You do understand that the whole point of this thread is to poke fun at or call out flippers, resellers and just generally bad Ebay auctions, correct? While I agree generally with your position, this isn't the place to make that arugment. I have never dealt with her, but she clearly fits well within the category of sellers that do questionable things (i.e. reusing photos from auctions she has just won).

You do understand that the whole point of this thread is to poke fun at or call out flippers, resellers and just generally bad Ebay auctions, correct? While I agree generally with your position, this isn't the place to make that arugment. I have never dealt with her, but she clearly fits well within the category of sellers that do questionable things (i.e. reusing photos from auctions she has just won).

However calling someone who I've had multiple dealings with and call a "friend" in the Atari world "School Cockroach" I think it warrants my response

Hi,..I dont come here very often, but if I do is because of some of the high end collectors tell me drop in,..Anyways, for those of you that dont know me, (of course you do:) , I have been in collecting business for many years.I own some of the rarest games made, And from time to time I sell them, and its not exactly easy to let some of the iteams go,..If you can purchase the iteam cheaper from any other seller, Im sure that the buyer would just do that,..My auctions aren't for a rookie collectors, but for the collectors that been collecting for many years, like I, and they know the value of a CIB game, and the time you would have to put in, if you want to find it on your own..

• Like 2

Hi,..I dont come here very often, but if I do is because of some of the high end collectors tell me drop in,..Anyways, for those of you that dont know me, (of course you do:) , I have been in collecting business for many years.I own some of the rarest games made, And from time to time I sell them, and its not exactly easy to let some of the iteams go,..If you can purchase the iteam cheaper from any other seller, Im sure that the buyer would just do that,..My auctions aren't for a rookie collectors, but for the collectors that been collecting for many years, like I, and they know the value of a CIB game, and the time you would have to put in, if you want to find it on your own..

I'm sorry, but what you just posted is clearly contradicted by your own auctions. You appear to be what could clearly be described as a "flipper". You are essentially raising prices for everyone by grabbing items on Ebay solely with the intention to resell them immediately on Ebay at a profit. In fact, as the auction posted here shows, you are apparently so lazy that you can't even be bothered to take your own picture of an item you are immediately flipping.

Sitting on Ebay and buying rare items only to flip them within a few days or weeks is not a service this or any other collecting community needs. People can find them on their own by just visiting Ebay and all you are doing is making yourself an unecessary middle man and adding to the cost to collectors. If you were actually going out and finding lost treasure in warehouses or swap meets or by dealing with other collectors, it would be reasonable to expect a profit for those services. Similarly, if you had extra items that you have accumulated in the process of building your collection, it would be reasonable to resell those and obtain a profit. As far as I can tell, you do none of those things. As such, you are hurting the community and people are justified in calling you out about it.

• Like 3

Don't forget collectors also need to make profits to reinvest into their collection.

If you see something really rare but you already have it, but it is going cheap... would you pass on it, or buy it and resell it for its true value, and then go and buy something you don't have - I know i would.

Just to put a different perspective on this - I have sold high value items to School_Girl_in_a_short_dress, things I originally paid far less for... so her profit becomes my profit, and subsequently my profit becomes another collectors profit... and so on...

• Like 1

Don't forget collectors also need to make profits to reinvest into their collection.

If you see something really rare but you already have it, but it is going cheap... would you pass on it, or buy it and resell it for its true value, and then go and buy something you don't have - I know i would.

Just to put a different perspective on this - I have sold high value items to School_Girl_in_a_short_dress, things I originally paid far less for... so her profit becomes my profit, and subsequently my profit becomes another collectors profit... and so on...

The answer to that is no, if I see something on Ebay that's going cheap that I don't need and nobody I know needs, I don't buy it. There are plenty of other collectors on Ebay who can buy it and want it for their own collection and my intervention is not needed or welcome in boosting the price. It's pretty amazing that people on here regularly complain about how bad NintendoAge and VGA have become and yet this is exactly the same flipping mentality that feeds those outrageous prices.

• Like 1

But if these resellers are as bad as you make them out to be then no one would buy from them and they would go out of business.

If the item they flip sells then everyone is happy,the buyer is happy cos he has bought the game he was after,the seller was happy cos he sold his game.

Please stop being such a drama queen.

• Like 2

Does the phrase "an item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it" seem to work here? I don't really have a problem with flipping, and I'm not sure it really drives the price of items up that much. If you don't want to spend the money they want for the item, then just don't buy it. But I don't think you should be upset if someone else is willing to pay for it.

Does the phrase "an item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it" seem to work here? I don't really have a problem with flipping, and I'm not sure it really drives the price of items up that much. If you don't want to spend the money they want for the item, then just don't buy it. But I don't think you should be upset if someone else is willing to pay for it.

Of course, but as I pointed out above, that's not the point of this thread. This is literally a thread dedicated to poking fun at outrageous prices, crazy sellers and all sorts of other Ebay madness. People are free to do whatever they want in buying and selling games or any other goods on Ebay or elsewhere. That doesn't mean that everyone else just has to sit by quietly and not comment about it in a thread that is specifically devoted to exactly that kind of commentary. Personally, I don't run my collection or collecting activities for a profit. Whenever I have extra items I end up with, I either give them away or sell them at or below my cost. I realize not everyone has the financial ability to do the same thing. At the same time, I'm not going to celebrate or avoid engaging in criticism of people who flip on Ebay and who contribute nothing to other collectors. If you're ok with flippers, by all means feel free to buy and sell with them. I personally think they raise prices for everyone and hurt our hobby and since the point of this thread is to be able to discuss that very conduct, perhaps you should go elsewhere on the forum if discussion along those lines offends you.

Well they do help other collectors, finding an item and selling it to me. That's a service I'm willing to pay for. I don't have to watch the auctions and find the item, cheap or not. I don't have to do it. That reseller buys the item instead of you. I then have a chance to buy the item, it's not in your collection it's for sale.

Some people just feel that everyone should sell games for a loss or break even. Profit is seen as a bad word in the forum. Give me a break.

• Like 2

...My auctions aren't for a rookie collectors, but for the collectors that been collecting for many years, like I, and they know the value of a CIB game, and the time you would have to put in, if you want to find it on your own..

In actuality your auctions aren't primarily for the collectors that have been collecting for many years, but for the wealthy collectors who have the means to build a mega-collection quickly. It's not my place to say if that's good or bad, just stating that it is the case. I've been collecting for 25 years now and while I have my share of rarities, I certinaly don't have the means to place a starting bid on most of your auctions.

Well they do help other collectors, finding an item and selling it to me. That's a service I'm willing to pay for. I don't have to watch the auctions and find the item, cheap or not. I don't have to do it. That reseller buys the item instead of you. I then have a chance to buy the item, it's not in your collection it's for sale.

Some people just feel that everyone should sell games for a loss or break even. Profit is seen as a bad word in the forum. Give me a break.

I have no problem with reasonable profit. I do have a problem with someone buying something cheap one day on Ebay and two days later (before she even has the item in hand) posting it for sale using a photo stolen from the original seller. I get that you were the one who stupidly paid the mark-up, but there are ways to set an automated search for games by title that would have saved you significant money in this particular situation as you could have just purchased directly from the original seller. She did nothing but rip you off. The fact that you have no problem with it is not really my concern, but I'm certainly not going to celebrate the fact that she made a profit for doing nothing at all and as a result, you paid far more than you could have for the item.