IGNORED

NEED A COPY OF TRON DVD OR VHS

Brave Dave

I NEED A COPY OF TRON THE MOVIE ON DVD OR VHS,DVD PREFERABLY

BUT JUST NEED THE MOVIE FOR MY PODCAST DOWN FOWARD PUNCH

(DFPRADIO.PODBEAN.COM) I CAN TRADE FOR IT, HAVE A DECENT SELECTION OF GAMES.

NES

---

die hard

SNES

----

super metroid

genesis

-------

castlevania: bloodlines

SEGA CD

-------

(both loose)

snatcher

final fight cd

SATURN

------

shinobi legions(CIB)

ATARI 2600

----------

20+ common games (pm for list)

Well, this is Disney. They tend to release their movies for short periods of time so they keep their "value." Chances are that a new special version will be released in BluRay soon. On ebay the last special edition (from 2000) is going for over $100!

Man, I almost bought that one when it came out. I DID however buy it on my PSP, is that one going for $100++ :arrow: I Doubt it...

Oh no, I have the PSP version and got it for $5! :lol: The version going for over $100 is a special DVD version released in 2002. Take a look:

Tron Special Edition DVD

Yeah, thats the one I almost bought but I remember thinking to myself "I'm never going to watch this" well, little did I know...

Its too bad because I wanted to see the original again before I go see Legacy. I wanted to refresh my memory. Its probably been 20 years since I've seen the original.

Pretty sure thats what a lot of people want to do (myself included) I don't think it's been 20 years for me but, well, yeah I guess it would have been the early 90's. Hmmm...where's that PSP of mine :ponder:

Well, this is Disney. They tend to release their movies for short periods of time so they keep their "value." Chances are that a new special version will be released in BluRay soon. On ebay the last special edition (from 2000) is going for over $100!

Supposedly Disney stopped pressing the discs in 2008, but they were still readily available as late as just a few months ago in typical places like Best Buy and such, then they practically vanished overnight. In some stores they had migrated down to the budget bin, so people flipping them for $50-150 are doing pretty well.

A few weeks ago I missed out on buying the Tron DVD for $10 on my local Craigslist. I sent the guy a message but he replied back that he had already sold it. I was bummed, that would have been a good score. So I decided to try ebay and recently won this lot:

28 DVD lot including Tron 20th Anniversary Edition: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1106203802281?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110620380228&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I bought the lot specifically for Tron, but I may keep a couple of the other movies as well. I plan to resell the rest of them and make back whatever money I can. Right now the Tron DVD is rather expensive on ebay unless you score a lucky Buy-It-Now. Of course, Tron will likely have a new release on both DVD and Blu-Ray in 2011 at which the time the market price of the OOP editions will fall considerably.

Anyway, you may want to try your local Craigslist for Tron. Used DVD movies are abundant and cheap on Craigslist.

post-3850-129209703874_thumb.jpg

Dug mine out. It's pretty close to mint, but the bottom of the cardboard was sticking out the bottom a little bit in the cabinet, so it's slightly worn (very slightly). If the OP still needs this (or anyone else I guess), I'm posting it up FS right now instead of sending to ebay:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/173736-for-sale-tron-collectors-edition-2-disc-dvd-set/

Wow! I just checked Ebay/Amazon prices. They're crazy.

Everybody who has one should sell now. Amazing what a sequel movie does for a Disney release. After the new movie comes out and goes to DVD, they (Disney) will obviously be cashing in on the buzz and re-releasing the original, so I would expect prices to tank after that when a new "anniversary" edition is released. SELL NOW!!!!