IGNORED

Hanimex Pencil II colecovision adaptator

pongbeat

• 1 month later...

I just saw a Hanimex console yesterday... I had no clue what it was and didn't look twice at it because it didn't have any cartridges... does it play Colecovision games?

The pencil look like a MSX computer with keyboard

I show mine at ADAMCon at 1:13 of this Daniel Bienvenu

. I have 3 carts which I believe represents the entire collection! The difference between the Colecovision adaptor for the Pencil II and other Colecovision adapators for things like Spectravideo and Creativision is that the adaptor does not have its own cart slot, you use the same slot as the Pencil carts which have the same cartridge profile.
  • Like 1

I just saw a Hanimex console yesterday... I had no clue what it was and didn't look twice at it because it didn't have any cartridges... does it play Colecovision games?

Hanimex made a number of game consoles. Pongs, an Arcadia 2001/Leisurevision clone, a Creativision compatible, and a few other proprietary cosoles or with some compatibility with other European or Aussie consoles, most of them PAL machines.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I finally got one....Yes !

Man, you did well because I am pretty certain the guy who sold it to you was offering it to me. Heck, I even offered him more money.

This one, right?

post-18191-130014499127_thumb.jpg

Damn, I was THAT close.

Tell you what, if you see another (and you might since you are in France) SEND THEM TO ME. $$REWARD$$

I am jealous, but good for you....

Edited by coleconut
  • Like 1

I finally got one....Yes !

Man, you did well because I am pretty certain the guy who sold it to you was offering it to me. Heck, I even offered him more money.

This one, right?

post-18191-130014499127_thumb.jpg

Damn, I was THAT close.

Tell you what, if you see another (and you might since you are in France) SEND THEM TO ME. $$REWARD$$

I am jealous, but good for you....

Thanks ! you know how it's rare to find one Pencil II and the how rare is the colecovision interface !...but i keep that in mind, the next one i see is for you ;) ! it took me near from 8 years to find one...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Im full spunout that you guys actually collect these things?!!?

I have the Pencil II computer, books, power adapter, Treasure Hunt, SD Basic cart, joystick, Lady bug (with some little adapter chip which needs to be used when playing it)

Still all works

I just thought 'Ill just google Pencil II' and found this

I found mine in storage after years

Im not going to sell, but just wondering what they fetch just out of interest

cheers

Hi guys

I have the Pencil II computer, books, power adapter, Treasure Hunt, SD Basic cart, joystick, Lady bug (with some little adapter chip which needs to be used when playing it)

Still all works

cheers

How about a picture of your "little adapter chip" ?

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

I show mine at ADAMCon at 1:13 of this Daniel Bienvenu

. I have 3 carts which I believe represents the entire collection! The difference between the Colecovision adaptor for the Pencil II and other Colecovision adapators for things like Spectravideo and Creativision is that the adaptor does not have its own cart slot, you use the same slot as the Pencil carts which have the same cartridge profile.

Hello and sorry for the necrobump

Are these Pencil II carts still in your collection? I'm pretty sure there are no dumps around and I have the non-intrusive tools to dump them. (I've dumped many things for the MAME/MESS team before)

Cheers.

Hi guys

Still all works

cheers

Hi. Still have the cartridges? They need to be preserved before they bit-rot. I would gladly help anyone in the possession of Pencil Cartridge to backup them for the MAME team. Thanks!

Hello and sorry for the necrobump

Are these Pencil II carts still in your collection? I'm pretty sure there are no dumps around and I have the non-intrusive tools to dump them. (I've dumped many things for the MAME/MESS team before)

Cheers.

Ive been approached by the Mame team but havent heard of a means to get them dumped that didnt involve me sending them off somewhere with firm assurances that they'd get there and I'd get them back with zero risk.

Ive been approached by the Mame team but havent heard of a means to get them dumped that didnt involve me sending them off somewhere with firm assurances that they'd get there and I'd get them back with zero risk.

Hello

I have designed a device which replaces the Z80 used in many of those machines and allows to play games from other systems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdode3PfTbs

Its not ready for sale yet, but I could send you a prototype to modify a colecovision. (Or I could pre-mod a colecovision and ship it to you? ouch)

This would also allow to dump cartridges without them leaving your possession, its only a matter of how much time you have to go through the procedure with me over skype or Discord.

Very happy you have answered!

David

Note I'm most active on twitter https://twitter.com/plgDavid

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Staleness bump. I had forgotten about the Pencil II until this thread was recently started. Thanks @viande @cdoty and @coleconut for your contributions. Le Plongeur looks pretty cool, and I would love to see it dumped or made available for purchase. 

Have the rest of the ROMs been dumped yet? Have any coding experts from our resident homebrewers such as @Pixelboy considered converting these rarities?

Mods, would it be acceptable to move this thread into the ColecoVision forum?

Edited by phattyboombatty