IGNORED

Atari 5200 Ultimate SD Cartridge Project Update

classics

• 2 months later...

Give this one a try. I'm not able to try it on a real 5200 at the moment.

Steve

I wanted to say "Thanks" to Classics again for this and other conversions. I play them all the time, I have lots of fun, and the work is really appreciated.

In particular Fast Eddie and Laser Gates. Great stuff!

While looking at video game videos on YouTube, I saw that there is an 8-bit version of Mr. Do! Has anyone ever done a conversion for playing it on the 5200? That is one of my most favorite games.

THIS.

Ha Ha OK no really, Mr.Do! I also a big Fav of mine, would love to see how it is handled on 5200!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine arrived this morning & I am very happy that it's so easy to use. Loaded up keystone kapers (so I don't have to troll through the attic for the cart) stuck it in & hey presto :) The only problem I have now is that I wiped my sd card slot from my pc AGAIN!! Gotta try & remember how to reinstall it so I can play some more games! Thanks Atarimax a great product :0)

• 3 weeks later...

Very happy with my SD Cart! - Very high quality offering that works very well.

Now that I lot of people have them, I would like to know what the actual possibility is of converting more Atari 800 titles over to the 5200?

It would seem to me based on what AtariMax says in his documentation that disk based titles could be possible becuase of the larger supported size as long as they don't need more than 16K to run.

Actually Steve, I sure would like to see you make at least one attempt to convert a "super title" that uses much more than 32K. I think it would be an excellent proof of concept and give us something very unique to use the SD Cart for.

Also one other thought. Those of you who are buying one, don't worry about getting a large flash card. It is almost a waste to use anything more than a 1GB flash card in the SD Cart. The files are just too small to really make a dent to eat up a lot of space. The 4GB card that I have in there looks pretty stupid as it isn't even close to full.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I wanted to say "Thanks" to Classics again for this and other conversions. I play them all the time, I have lots of fun, and the work is really appreciated.

In particular Fast Eddie and Laser Gates. Great stuff!

Wondering if it's just my copy of Laser Gates. I do have problems when you shoot left and the ship doesn't return to the right. Does yours?

Wondering if it's just my copy of Laser Gates. I do have problems when you shoot left and the ship doesn't return to the right. Does yours?

Hi Mike5200. I just gave it a play and all works well. I could shoot left and return to the right now problem.

Cool game. I havent played in a while. :thumbsup:

Can Mr Do be converted for play on the 5200?

I begin looking into this early last year but family life overtook things and haven't been able to progress since. In a few months I should be able to make an effort to do this further but if anyone else picked if up in the meantime that would be ok.

I begin looking into this early last year but family life overtook things and haven't been able to progress since. In a few months I should be able to make an effort to do this further but if anyone else picked if up in the meantime that would be ok.

Hope things clear up for you, your previous work has been fantastic!

Family always comes first. :) I do hope you are able to get back to this at some point because this is a title I've been eager to play on my 5200!

• 1 month later...

Got my Atarimax SD cart a few days ago and it is really awesome!

I have one question for the forum...has any one had issues with Pole Position? My PP cart works great, but when I play PP from my Atarimax, it does not respond to the joystick. Anyone else have this problem? I have tried a couple different BIN's and they both do the same thing.

I don't have this problem with any other games...

Got my Atarimax SD cart a few days ago and it is really awesome!

I have one question for the forum...has any one had issues with Pole Position? My PP cart works great, but when I play PP from my Atarimax, it does not respond to the joystick. Anyone else have this problem? I have tried a couple different BIN's and they both do the same thing.

I don't have this problem with any other games...

I've had difficulties with Pole Position and the joystick, too: the car just steers all the way to the left and can't be controlled with the joystick at all, though it controls perfectly if I use the Trak-Ball controller. My joysticks are Best Electronics upgraded sticks which haven't given me any trouble with other games, and I believe I'm using the ROM image from AtariAge. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one to be having this problem, anyway.

I've had difficulties with Pole Position and the joystick, too, but I don't know if it's a problem with the ROM images I'm using or with my console. The car just steers all the way to the left and can't be controlled with the joystick, though it controls perfectly if I use the Trak-Ball controller. My joysticks are Best Electronics upgraded sticks, and I haven't had this problem with other games. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one, anyway.

Yep, that's the same problem I have...hopefully, some one has an answer...