IGNORED

$79 Winter ColecoVision refurbish and A/V mod offer

Yurkie

I am offering a special deal on my complete system refurbish and A/V mod offer now thru the end of January.

You get your ColecoVision console completely refurbished

Power Switch rebuilt

Cartridge Slot throughly cleaned with DeoxIT

Any bad/faulty solder joints resoldered

My single jack composite video mod (cord included)

Controllers:

Housings and cords cleaned

Joystick directional controllers refurbished

fire button dissembled and refurbished

Keypad and keypad socket cleaned

Optional but also included:

replacement ball knobs

cords straightened

All this for $79 plus return shipping.

Optionally you an add the socketed Intro skip BIOS for just $15 more.

Pause button mod is $35

Check my profile for all my individual ColecoVision threads for more details.

• Like 1

I am offering a special deal on my complete system refurbish and A/V mod offer now thru the end of January.

Power Switch rebuilt

Controllers:

replacement ball knobs

cords straightened

Pause button mod is $35

Does that socketed intro skip include a switch to either skip the BIOS or not? Or is it just off all the time with the skip chip?

Does that socketed intro skip include a switch to either skip the BIOS or not? Or is it just off all the time with the skip chip?

Push the fire button and it skips the 12 second delay. If you don't press the fire button it is like the original BIOS.

Here is a link to my original BIOS skip thread

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/167523-intro-skip-bios-install-offered/page__fromsearch__1

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Power Switch rebuilt

Controllers:

replacement ball knobs

cords straightened

Pause button mod is $35

Todd, I received the console on Tuesday the 4th of January and I have to say, WOW!!!! That is unbelievable, your work is outstanding, THANK YOU. The picture is really crisp and clear, like Colecovision should have been. I just received the Ultimate SD cartridge yesterday and had pretty much loaded it up with roms when the "maxed out" console arrived, I had to play pretty much every game I had on that thing and am still just dumbfounded with what you were able to do with it. I also really like the single jack mod on the cord to the TV versus three individual RCA jacks on the console, and it really improved the picture quality of all the games. The straightened cords and ball knobs on the joysticks are light years better too, thanks again. It was money well spent. Thanks a million. When the Donkey Kong Collection comes out let me know please. BTW, I was able to find the Pac Man Collection on Opcode Games and its on its way. Anyone thats even curious about your mods, should just go for it, its unreal the difference in the CV. Thanks again, Lenny

Todd, I received the console on Tuesday the 4th of January and I have to say, WOW!!!! That is unbelievable, your work is outstanding, THANK YOU. The picture is really crisp and clear, like Colecovision should have been. I just received the Ultimate SD cartridge yesterday and had pretty much loaded it up with roms when the "maxed out" console arrived, I had to play pretty much every game I had on that thing and am still just dumbfounded with what you were able to do with it. I also really like the single jack mod on the cord to the TV versus three individual RCA jacks on the console, and it really improved the picture quality of all the games. The straightened cords and ball knobs on the joysticks are light years better too, thanks again. It was money well spent. Thanks a million. When the Donkey Kong Collection comes out let me know please. BTW, I was able to find the Pac Man Collection on Opcode Games and its on its way. Anyone thats even curious about your mods, should just go for it, its unreal the difference in the CV. Thanks again, Lenny

Thanks for the kind words. Glad your enjoying it. A refurbished/modded system coupled with the SD multi-cart is a power house of gaming fun.

There is a little over 3 weeks to take advantage on this offer. This is $10 off my regular price of $89.

• Like 1

Just received my "maxed out" modded CV system last night. I bought the entire system from Todd/Yurkie, as I wanted to keep my unmodded CV as a backup. He packed the new system very well, right down to putting the console in a drawstring plastic bag. A nice touch!

I hooked the console up, popped in Frenzy and....WOW! Awesome clarity with no sacrifice of saturation or brightness. It just looks perfect!

I was so stunned I forgot to try out the splash screen skip mod. So I hit reset, pressed the fire button, and BAM! I was in the skill select screen. Wonderful!

Then I started to play the game, using the ball mod controllers. What a difference! I've always complained about the CV controllers (and even modded a Genesis arcade joystick to work with CV games using two buttons), but this is really nice. I was able to play Frenzy -- which requires quick movement AND firing in eight directions -- with no problems. Oh, and the straightened cords were a huge help. No more hunching over the console to play a game.

I also tried out the Pause button. Works like a charm! It's going to be a real pleasure to have the ability to pause a game in progress when I'm interrupted.

If you're thinking about getting a modded console from Yurkie, or having yours modded by him, I say do it! Don't hesitate. The results are wonderful.

Has anyone ever made a mod to improve the video out of the ADAM? It's serviceable, but it's not particularly great.

Tempest

There is a Composite Monitor output already thru the DIN connector, it should work with modern TVs and I think the Commodore 64 Monitor Cable is compatible (Coleco made ADAM Monitor Cables are hard to find).... I'll let you know when my ADAM arrives (soon I hope) as I already have a C=64 Monitor Cable.

Power Switch rebuilt

Controllers:

replacement ball knobs

cords straightened

Pause button mod is $35

The A/V Modded ColecoVision works GREAT with the Exp. Mod. #3 ADAM Computer as well... never had a better picture display from the ADAM! Thanks once again for your tremendous service Yurkie.

I just received my Colecovision console back from Todd and all I can say is I am REALLY impressed with what he did. The console looks brand new and has the pause switch, straightened cords, ball mod on the controllers, controllers refurbished, RCA video and sound jack conversion, etc. The game plays unbelievably well and there are no longer any start or mid-game disruptions. I can't recommend Todd highly enough if you're looking to drag that old Colecovision out of the closet and enjoy playing it again.

Just got my ColecoVision back after having the mod and refurbish done by Yurkie. I have to admit I was hesitant at first to outlay the $79 as I'm a little short on cash, but now I'm glad I did. Having uncoiled joystick cords...not to mention joysticks that actually work...is, well...a joy!!!

The video mod also makes it a heck of a lot easier to plug the CV into my TV. Before, I was using a plug adapter that you plugged the CV cord into and then screwed it into the "cable in" on the TV. This also required using a switchbox so I could switch back and forth between TV and the CV.

Now I just plug the video & audio in straight into the jacks on the front of my TV set.

As long as no one rats me out to my wife for spending $79 on stuff she wishes I'd throw away, I'm good to go!!!

Joe B.

Has anyone ever made a mod to improve the video out of the ADAM? It's serviceable, but it's not particularly great.

Tempest

There is a Composite Monitor output already thru the DIN connector, it should work with modern TVs and I think the Commodore 64 Monitor Cable is compatible (Coleco made ADAM Monitor Cables are hard to find).... I'll let you know when my ADAM arrives (soon I hope) as I already have a C=64 Monitor Cable.

The Commodore Monitor Cable is indeed completely compatible wth the Stand-Alone ADAM Memory Console (the one with the built-in ColecoVision) as I remembered it being from back in the day. The Commodore Monitor Cable I have was listed for the Commodore 1702 Monitor and compatibile with the C=64, 128 and Vic-20. So if you can't make your own, a little searching around the Net or on eBay should provide you one for between $5-$10.

Just remember that the ADAM's DIN Connector is upside down when compared to the Commodore's, so the word TOP on the cable's DIN Connector is actually the bottom.

BTW, vastly improved video over using the RF Out. :D

Edited by NIAD