IGNORED

Need help with styrofoam insert cutting

Pixelboy

Hello good people!

Last year, I had around 2000 styrofoam inserts manufactured, and I plan to use them for my upcoming ColecoVision homebrew releases. A small portion of these inserts were incorrectly cut and wound up being too thick to be used in my Team Pixelboy boxes.

I've been looking for an alternative use for these thick inserts, and I found one: As a side project earlier this year, I had a set of 100 custom boxes prepared and printed for AtariAge. They will be used for the re-release of Daniel Bienvenu's Jeepers Creepers (published by AtariAge).

The Jeepers Creepers boxes are the exact same dimensions as my Team Pixelboy boxes, so the thick inserts don't fit in them. However, if I can find someone equiped with some kind of tall saw that could cut them in two, Albert would be more than willing to use them in the Jeepers Creepers boxes, especially since I'd be giving them to Albert for free.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so I attached a picture below that describes what needs to be done. The inserts are 6.25 inches tall. If you have access to cutting equipment and can perform this job in a precise, clean and professional way, please send me a PM.

Ideally, I will send 50 thick inserts to whoever volunteers for this little job, and once these 50 inserts have been split into 100 thinner inserts, they will be shipped directly to Albert. I'll pay for all shipping charges.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

EDIT: Since I'm in Canada and Albert lives in the USA, we would prefer to have someone living somewhere in North America perform this little job.

post-7743-129208035914_thumb.png

Edited by Pixelboy

• 1 month later...

Are the inserts 6.25 x 6.25 x (thickness) inches, or what is the other (non-6.25 inch) dimension? I used to have access to a hot-wire foam cutter, and could probably get another from the same place, but I think the throat depth was rather small, like 4 inches or so. I could probably make a bigger one, and a jig to cut exactly to the desired thickness. The cut may not be perfectly smooth, might be a little wavy, but it will not be the least bit crumblier or dustier than the foam is naturally.

Are the inserts 6.25 x 6.25 x (thickness) inches, or what is the other (non-6.25 inch) dimension? I used to have access to a hot-wire foam cutter, and could probably get another from the same place, but I think the throat depth was rather small, like 4 inches or so. I could probably make a bigger one, and a jig to cut exactly to the desired thickness. The cut may not be perfectly smooth, might be a little wavy, but it will not be the least bit crumblier or dustier than the foam is naturally.

Thanks for the offer, but I've already decided to discard those thick inserts.