IGNORED

Lord of the Dungeon Release by CollectorVision

retroillucid

Holy cow! I didn't realize you were moving... in that case, take your time. I was just getting itchy for some RPG gaming on my NEW COLECOVISION!! I just received Yurkie's modded system in the mail and will be opening it up later this evening!

I guess I'll have to settle for some Pixelboy games... sigh... LOL JUST KIDDING! The Pixelboy games will be awesome on the new system!! Not to mention my others. :)

• 2 weeks later...

So any idea yet on shipping....?

I did started shipping this week actually and I'll be finishing next week icon_smile.gif

Won't be long now... woo hoo!!

Did these sell out J-F? What size of run did you do on this one? 50 copies? There can't be very many left..

Once this is done, the next release sounds like it will be quickly following Lord of the Dungeon! 2011 is quite the year for Colecovision releases!

Did these sell out J-F? What size of run did you do on this one? 50 copies? There can't be very many left..

There was a run of 50 copies

I think there's like 5 copies left

Once this is done, the next release sounds like it will be quickly following Lord of the Dungeon! 2011 is quite the year for Colecovision releases!

Following up is: Smurf Challenge wich will be release in about a week now :)

There was a run of 50 copies

I think there's like 5 copies left

Following up is: Smurf Challenge wich will be release in about a week now icon_smile.gif

5 copies left? I'm 100% certain that once the word gets out that this game has been released, they will be gone FAST! This kind of game on the Colecovision is a pure treat!

And after Smurf Challenge I'm sure there will be a break? Perhaps the next release will be in June or so? (Not talking about the re-releases or anything, although I would interested in some of those too!)

And after Smurf Challenge I'm sure there will be a break? Perhaps the next release will be in June or so? (Not talking about the re-releases or anything, although I would interested in some of those too!)

A break!? ... are you kidding me? icon_razz.gificon_mrgreen.gif

No break, other projects are coming soon icon_wink.gif

Wow! I guess I should continue to save some paypal $$ for future titles! :) Sometimes, when I have some money in my Paypal, I start looking at ways to spend it and sometimes it's on things not Coleco related (heck sometimes on things not video game related lol)

Short and to the point review... this game is deep! There seems to be a ton of stuff to do and I barely scratched the surface so far. I did manage to kill a low level creature and find 1600 gold which was awesome! Too bad I died before making it back to the store! lol

This game will keep people busy for a long time and the manual is absolutely required! Try casting a spell.. they won't make sense unless you read the manual!

Overall, very nice work J-F! Now I need to start mapping more of the dungeon! This game won't stay in stock for much longer! If you like dungeon crawling old-school rpgs... this is the one for you!!

I received mine last night, but unfortunately it doesn't work in my system. I can't get past the title screen. Based on the warning, I tried a different power supply, but had the same result.

My system is one Yurkie modified (video, BIOS, pause button). I just bought it from him a couple of months ago. Maybe something about the mods keeps the cartridge from getting enough on the +5 volt line.

I was very much looking forward to playing this game. :(

Did you press up on the control stick? I think that was how you got the game to start... I was trying to play without reading the manual (kinda like I always did as a kid!) and I was pressing buttons etc on the title screen but it wasn't doing anything.. then I moved the control stick and then it asked which game I wanted. Hope that solves it for you!

I think he's getting the little airplane-like characters instead of the words "Lord" and "Dungeon"? If yes, then it looks like the power supplies aren't providing enough voltage (4.75 volts minimum) to the CV.

edit: I should have said "assume" instead of "think". Ransom?

Edited by 5-11under

Did you press up on the control stick? I think that was how you got the game to start... I was trying to play without reading the manual (kinda like I always did as a kid!) and I was pressing buttons etc on the title screen but it wasn't doing anything.. then I moved the control stick and then it asked which game I wanted. Hope that solves it for you!

D'oh! I didn't read the manual well enough, apparently. I thought it said to select the game by pressing a digit on the pad. But I just glanced at the manual and should have read it more carefully.

I'll try moving the stick when I get home tonight. Thanks for the tip. :)

I received mine last night, but unfortunately it doesn't work in my system. I can't get past the title screen. Based on the warning, I tried a different power supply, but had the same result.

My system is one Yurkie modified (video, BIOS, pause button). I just bought it from him a couple of months ago. Maybe something about the mods keeps the cartridge from getting enough on the +5 volt line.

I was very much looking forward to playing this game. :(

The mods have no negative effect on playing this game.

On the title screen press "up" on the joystick. A message to select game version will appear. Select the game version you want to play as printed on page #2 of the manual.

............SPECIAL ROOMS..................FAST MESSAGE

KEYPAD #1......NO..............................NO

KEYPAD #2......NO.............................YES

KEYPAD #3.....YES..............................NO

KEYPAD #4.....YES.............................YES

After pressing the keypad button a message saying "The Monsters Awake" will appear briefly followed by a screen to "Name Your Party"

Okay, cool. For those who don't have the re-release, the memory chip inside the cart goes into hibernation mode if the +5V supply goes below +4.75V. However, most ColecoVisions will work okay with about +4.65V minimum. Below about +4.65V, the console won't work at all. However, between about +4.65V and +4.75V, the ColecoVision will likely work with other games, but not with the LotD re-release... however, if your supply is in this range, it's probably on its way to failing anyway, so it's really a feature. ;)