IGNORED

Help with seller SpaceDice2010/retrogamingdepot

megasdkirby

Glad this got worked out. Dice, I understand your position better now. Yes, some of the addresses Paypal gives you are scary as hell, and I cringe when I send a package out with a funny looking address, with uncapitalized names and such. Even the confirmed adresses have things like the name of the town spelled wrong, etc. All confirmed means is that Paypal's mailing managed to somehow make there in spite of the way the recipient filled in the info. I usually don't use Paypal labels for international and have the buyer email me the address exactly as he wants it on the package. This means going to the post office to do forms, weigh and ship. The way you describe the big city post office, I cant blame you a bit for not shipping international and if you state this clearly in the auction, then there should not be too much trouble. Glad you are getting your games, megadskirby, have fun! Morgan

Once again I apologize for getting a little emotional in this thread and making post after post. I really try to go above and beyond my duty as a seller. I am only human and do make mistakes. And battling Ebay's new shipping policies is a real pain in the ass. No longer can you list a bunch of games that just barely fit in a flat rate box and charge the flat rate shipping. In the games category you are limited to $4 (I believe) even if you choose flat rate as the option. Makes no sense to me at all. You actually have to find a box, weigh it, measure it, and then list it.

My general rule of thumb when listing an item on Ebay is this - If it flies over an ocean, then that is pretty much a place that I would prefer not to send to. When I list Colecovision games I do make an exception and add Canada, as I always get requests from Canadians as there are a lot of CV collectors there. Even doing that is damned if you do and damned if you don't. If I am selling individual games, I make a request that I need a minimum of 5 games to ship to Canada. (Not worth my time standing in line 30 minutes for a custom form for a .99 game.) But, on the other hand, I then take a risk as I have no proof that it ever got delivered to who bought it on a higher priced package.

Can someone explain to me why someone can send an item from Canada and have me sign for the item, but I can't do the same? I have bought items from Canada and had to sign for them. But when I asked the post office if I can have them sign for them the answer is always no.

Dear God. I really hate selling on Ebay at times. Someone at AtariAge pointed me to this thread -

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149781

Now, I have never registered at that message board until today. In fact I don't even read it anymore as most of the time it is down and all you get are errors. I can't reply to the thread as I didn't get an email verifying my address. It's really funny to see how other people draw to conclusions without even knowing all the facts.

Seriously. If the last person that I sent something to PR would have explained to me that how PayPal put the address was wrong, I would really have no issue sending to PR.

megasdkirby,

Not to feel like I am rambling. But, to fill out the box that I am sending you and make it a little more easy to make sure the games arrive in a good condition, I am adding the 8 games that I tried to sell in my thread here as well. They didn't sell. So, you are also getting some extra games for free. PICS.

Lloyd.

Oh wow, THANKS! I feel a bit bad though, but I deeply appreciate it. As a thank you, feel free to kick me in the behind whenever you wish. :D

I apologize about the DP thing, though. That was when I was miffed/confused about everything. I settled everything over there, so no worries.

Can someone explain to me why someone can send an item from Canada and have me sign for the item, but I can't do the same? I have bought items from Canada and had to sign for them. But when I asked the post office if I can have them sign for them the answer is always no.

That's actually a good one. I recall when I won a Servbot plush a few years back, the Post Office clerk was adamant that I was prohibited to even insure the items I was going to use as a trade for the plush. Although the games arrived nicely and I got my plush, I later on found out that I could have insured items and even put extra measures to the package. I don't know if one of those was signature related, but I would not be surprised if it was. My guess is that it all depends on the service: like if it was sent International Priority Mail or First Class.

Seriously. If the last person that I sent something to PR would have explained to me that how PayPal put the address was wrong, I would really have no issue sending to PR.

According to the USPS, if Paypal had a field with the "urbanization", it would be printed on the shipping label with no issues whatsoever. However, since Paypal does not have this field, and that they limit the address line to just three lines (name, two lines for address), it will cut the address anyway. So Paypal has to upgrade their system to both accept a fourth line (for long or the urbanization portion) AND stop with the automatic editing of addresses to "standardize" them. This issue does not only plague PR though, as any US address that has more than one line will suffer through this as well.

With all the millions they make, one would expect Ebay/Paypal to fix this issue...

Damn! Is it seriously that hard to send things internationally from the US?

In Australia, you hand write the address on a form at the counter, declare what is in the package, show some ID, pay for it - and 4 minutes later you walk out of the post office!

It's "inconvenient" when you don't already have the form filled out. Now me, I always have a stash of both customs forms (there's a large and a small one - depends how you're sending the package and how big it is) at home on hand. I go to the post office with the thing already filled out.

Real problem with international trading these days are all the scammers in certain countries. People are generally not patient either anymore and with all the trading they seem to be doing, you'd think they'd get a frickin' clue about transit times. But no. Many of them get real jerky after the second or third week. Threatening this and that - all the while ready to play the ScamPal card at the drop of a hat. As if the economy isn't bad enough, selling things these days is a real pain in the ass - period.

This is feedback, but I just got two packages from Spacedice2010 and they are great. I hope he sells more soon, I'll buy more!

ian

Might want to search the FEEDBACK forums and leave it where it is relevant and useful, here I did the work for you:

FEEDBACK FOR SPACEDICE2010

Well aware of that, but I just wanted to post my positive experience in a thread that is a bit of a smear on who has been a good seller for me.