IGNORED

Warlok

therealbountybob

You can easily complete it in Altirra by disabling player background collisions until you get to the end, turning them on to shoot the top off the drone, and then off again to get back.

I can't figure how to get the fire button in Altirra. ????

If set to a keyboard in port one (via the input menu) with arrrow keys then its the left control key to fire...

Joypads etc need to be set by themselves bar the MS Xbox360 pad which is auto setup..

EDIT: I thought I should add the extra info just incase someone else see's this and has the same problem.

If you chose a gamepad for port one then return to the input menu and click on input mappings, then double click on the desired / set gamepad, from there choose the button or direction want to set double click on it to edit it..

Make sure your real gamepad is visble to calibrate in the control panel, if it does not show a control pad then you won't be able to make it work..(afaik)

Edited by Mclaneinc

Here you go.

Says "Cracked by Happy Hackers" which is a bit odd, as its a .PRO image. But I tested it in Altirra (800, PAL, Normal Timing) and it loaded a few levels.

BTW - Unable to attach a .PRO file - should we get this added to the allowed formats?

It's a PAL only PRO. A cracked PAL only PRO. Since it comes from the UK, it is originally a PAL program, so I guess NTSC is problematic. I tested it with a PAL Antic, but my monitor has no

vertical scroll adjustment.

THanks CyranoJ :thumbsup: looks good on the emulator -screen shot from another level with different playfield:

post-19705-0-52933500-1305908300_thumb.png

Will try later to download using APE to my 1050, not sure if .PRO files can be transferred but it does mount them so fingers crossed!

Tough game, gave up on later difficulty levels..

Going to use Strokeit and Girder & or Resource hacker to hot wire the collision cheats into a mouse gesture / keyboard press so I can switch it on and off on the fly to be able to shoot fuel.

Edited by Mclaneinc

Will try later to download using APE to my 1050, not sure if .PRO files can be transferred but it does mount them so fingers crossed!

You'll need to use APE to run the .PRO directly if it has any protection. If the .PRO doesn't contain any copy protection, you could sector copy it to the 1050.

Here you go.

Says "Cracked by Happy Hackers" which is a bit odd, as its a .PRO image. But I tested it in Altirra (800, PAL, Normal Timing) and it loaded a few levels.

BTW - Unable to attach a .PRO file - should we get this added to the allowed formats?

It's a PAL only PRO. A cracked PAL only PRO. Since it comes from the UK, it is originally a PAL program, so I guess NTSC is problematic. I tested it with a PAL Antic, but my monitor has no

THanks CyranoJ :thumbsup: looks good on the emulator -screen shot from another level with different playfield:

post-19705-0-52933500-1305908300_thumb.png

Using Altirra disable collisions I only get two levels.

You'll need to use APE to run the .PRO directly if it has any protection. If the .PRO doesn't contain any copy protection, you could sector copy it to the 1050.

Looks like it has copy protection - there were a load of sectors showing as ??? during the copy :sad: Can anyone fix this :?: I guess this is why the other versions out there are missing the additional levels :ponder:

Here you go.

For me, it works in NTSC (emulated), but you have to press start shortly after the image begins to load (before the rainbow, Happy Hackers screen). That screen appears to be problematic on NTSC systems, but holding start will get you past it. One the screen shows up, however, you will no longer be able to press start to bypass it.

Beyond that, I played thru level 1, and then it jumped to level 4. Also, levels 2 and 3 appear to be the same as level 1, unless the differences are subtle and I didn't notice them.

It appears to need SIO emulation turned off (at least for me). I haven't had a chance to try it on real hardware yet.

Here you go.

For me, it works in NTSC (emulated), but you have to press start shortly after the image begins to load (before the rainbow, Happy Hackers screen). That screen appears to be problematic on NTSC systems, but holding start will get you past it. One the screen shows up, however, you will no longer be able to press start to bypass it.

Beyond that, I played thru level 1, and then it jumped to level 4. Also, levels 2 and 3 appear to be the same as level 1, unless the differences are subtle and I didn't notice them.

It appears to need SIO emulation turned off (at least for me). I haven't had a chance to try it on real hardware yet.

It works (press START, after start loading, but before the intro screen) on a real Atari. Seems it may have been intentional

to make it PAL only.

It works (press START, after start loading, but before the intro screen) on a real Atari. Seems it may have been intentional

to make it PAL only.

Something to do with his DLI colour scroll timing??

Edited by Mclaneinc

to make it PAL only.

Something to do with his DLI colour scroll timing??

You're probably right, or some other timing issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

Good news to everyone! I finally found some time to crack PRO image of Warlok. Attached ATR version works fine on my real PAL HW and it should work on NTSC too as I fixed DLI timing issue (somebody please, test it on real HW!).

It seems to me that our unknown "Happy Hacker" just used some sector editor to change some text as copy protection was still there. Anyway, I replaced all those "funny" messages by original ones according to tape version.

Many thanks to CyranoJ for PRO image and to TheRealBountyBob for crack request.

Emulator users, switch fast SIO patch off.

Enjoy!

F.

Warlok.zip

• Like 3

Awesome Fandal :thumbsup: (as usual) now I can play this!

now just The Tail of Beta Lyrae with the Gravity Balls and no colour corruption to sort - if anyone has an original disk that's not been played much perhaps they could post this somehow :?:

:)

While I'm here, we're having a Paddles games tournament 'Up the Creek' in the High Score Club.

Everyone is welcome to take part. (7 games support Joystick/Keyboard also)

:)

Hi all!

Good news to everyone! I finally found some time to crack PRO image of Warlok. Attached ATR version works fine on my real PAL HW and it should work on NTSC too as I fixed DLI timing issue (somebody please, test it on real HW!).

It seems to me that our unknown "Happy Hacker" just used some sector editor to change some text as copy protection was still there. Anyway, I replaced all those "funny" messages by original ones according to tape version.

Many thanks to CyranoJ for PRO image and to TheRealBountyBob for crack request.

Emulator users, switch fast SIO patch off.

Enjoy!

F.

Yes, works on a real NTSC 64K 600XL. I can't get past the first screen, so I don't know if it has more screens.

Yes, works on a real NTSC 64K 600XL. I can't get past the first screen, so I don't know if it has more screens.

Just to confirm it has the extra levels, I managed to clear the first stage and saw an exciting new stage before crashing many times! I think Level 2 has the first and 'final' stage and levels 3 and 4 add extra inbetween stages... and then there's Skills 2-5 to master... Great game will be playing this a lot :)

[PAL 130XE]

• 3 weeks later...