IGNORED

white jag cases on ebay

kevincal

but storm troopers are idiots! I rather call the white jaguar the "White Power Jag" LOL afterall probably most people who care about the jag are white anyway lol... but kidding aside the white case makes it look like a prototype. oh and because these white cases came about because of dentistry we should think of a funny name related to that. Lets see.. Atari Jaguar Dentist Edition, LOL, Dental Cam Jag, 64 bitE Atari Jaguar, Doctor Jaguar,

I've had enough of your racist crap. Welcome to permanent mod preview.

• Like 5

Here I thought most people who own Jaguar never had anything to do with the dentist (or soap, or deodorant) but clearly that has now all changed. Not only does the white case come from dental use, you can actually rub it in your pits and bathe with it. NOTE: it won't make you smell better... I'm just saying you could do it. :D

Yes, this post was just a parody. If you own a Jag, have poor teeth and stink, join the club. I'm not just a member :)

• 4 months later...

@davidcalgary29 - Thanks, I just ordered one. I made an offer for $20.00 and it was accepted automatically. Folks may be able to try for a lower offer. I'll post pics when I have the time to mod one of the jags. Too bad that they didn't use the Jag CD casing to make dental cameras. That would look sharp!. :)

• Like 1

UV LEDs can be harmful to the eyes, so I'm not sure it's a good idea. There are non-UV purple LEDs, however.

I think blue or cyan would look quite good as well.

I wondered that... I've had them from Radio Shack and they were specifically UV and I used them in game gears. They were so intense that I put a sticker between the lens and the LED that defused it. The ones I have from Mouser now are just purple. I wouldn't want to "sun fade" the inside of my kiosk.

• 2 weeks later...

In the early eighties, the Jaguar was noted for having the most attractive and advanced looking video game package in its day and the competitors had nothing like it. Its life though, as a game product was destined, then being discovered as not in use, it later came back to life as a new package for an intraoral dental camera system called the HotRod from Imagin Systems Corp.

• 3 months later...

The only mechanical difference between PAL and NTSC model is the modulator and the channel 3/4 switch on the back (one or both are missing on some PAL versions), so you may end up with one or two unused holes on the case. Apart from this, there should be no problem.

I thought I had read that the white cases didn't have anything on the back? as they had been modified for the dental equipment PCB? If so then I'd imagine the back of your Jag may be a bit drafty :D , but should be fine as long as it's not shy :)

I may be misremembering again.. I do spend 24 hrs a day locked in this skull with myself (enough to drive anyone potty!)

• Like 2

Another thought.. Since I've never taken a Jag apart before (not shy about doing so, but even so..) does anyone have an idiot's guide on how to do it, which screws to attack in which order, all that sort of thing??

I have taken a Jag CD unit apart..that was straight forward enough.

Many thanks!