IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

From what I've gathered from other threads, Checkers, Backgammon, Snafu, Roulette, and Bowling are all pretty scarce. INTVfunhouse lists them as pretty rare but not as rare as most of the INTV offerings. However, I see INTV titles MUCH more often than I see the Sears titles I listed.

This. :)

From what I've gathered from other threads, Checkers, Backgammon, Snafu, Roulette, and Bowling are all pretty scarce. INTVfunhouse lists them as pretty rare but not as rare as most of the INTV offerings. However, I see INTV titles MUCH more often than I see the Sears titles I listed.

INTVfunhouse is a terrific legacy resource, but I think that the Sears titles are rarer than it suggests. However, I think that Cmart is the authoritative "real world" resource. On INTVfunhouse, Checkers is an R2 (not to be confused with AA's rarity for 2600 games), while most of the INTV offerings are ER1-ER3 (extremely rare, ER1 being rarer than ER2 and ER3). For comparison, other R2s include Beamrider, Worm Whomper, Dracula, Nova Blast, and Buzz Bombers. I see those all the time on eBay, and I'm curious whether Checkers can command the CIB prices for Worm Whomper and Dracula.

INTVfunhouse is a terrific legacy resource, but I think that the Sears titles are rarer than it suggests. However, I think that Cmart is the authoritative "real world" resource. On INTVfunhouse, Checkers is an R2 (not to be confused with AA's rarity for 2600 games), while most of the INTV offerings are ER1-ER3 (extremely rare, ER1 being rarer than ER2 and ER3). For comparison, other R2s include Beamrider, Worm Whomper, Dracula, Nova Blast, and Buzz Bombers. I see those all the time on eBay, and I'm curious whether Checkers can command the CIB prices for Worm Whomper and Dracula.

I couldn't agree more. Steve has Roulette as the rarest of the Sears games and I would agree it belongs with the other three, although I'd suggest that Sears Checkers is likely an ER2 or even an ER1! That said, it wouldn't command the premiums that the other ER1's get, although with the right conditions bidders wise, I wouldn't be stunned to see it get $50+ in a bidding war. The Sears games are like the Rodney Dangerfield of INTV variations....they just don't get any respect (pricing wise), although they tend to be a subset that most folks like to collect, particularly for the often "interesting" artwork. :-D

Hey ... anybody have any of these to protect their games ... recommendations good or bad?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1607867806521?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=160786780652&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I have a Force field around mine so I don't need those.

I can't afford a Force field (yet) but I did buy those clear box protectors. I think they do a good job of protecting the games and they display nice. There is a bit of room left at the top but for the slightly bigger boxes (Activision) it fits perfect.

You know, when I first started to look for vintage stuff in e-Bay, I was happy and care free about what I could find, and ready to buy whatever struck my fancy. That's how I came about an Intellivision lot with about 50 games, most of them CIB, and some other peripherals. I thought I knew what I was doing.

Now, learning about how you guys handle these auctions, and the whole network of deals and communications that go on behind the scenes, I'm kind of scared.

I don't think I can buy an Intellivision game from e-bay anymore, lest I get "sniped" or lead into a high price war, or something. :)

dZ.

You know, when I first started to look for vintage stuff in e-Bay, I was happy and care free about what I could find, and ready to buy whatever struck my fancy. That's how I came about an Intellivision lot with about 50 games, most of them CIB, and some other peripherals. I thought I knew what I was doing.

Now, learning about how you guys handle these auctions, and the whole network of deals and communications that go on behind the scenes, I'm kind of scared.

I don't think I can buy an Intellivision game from e-bay anymore, lest I get "sniped" or lead into a high price war, or something. :)

dZ.

The good news is you have lots of people here who are more than happy to help you out. :)

dZ.

Ebay is just good for the rare items or must have. But prepare to pay a premium for that game. As for snipers, that comes wih the territory until they decide to implement anti sniper tactics like they do in some foreign auctions.

dZ.

Common Intellivision games on eBay are dirt cheap, even with all of us collectors involved, so I wouldn't be too scared about not getting a good deal. When you buy in big lots, common CIB games go from $0.50 to $1.00. I don't think there is another system (other than Odyssey 2, maybe) whose CIB games go cheaper than that. I just bought a lot of 41 games, all of them with box and most with manuals/overlays, for $41 before shipping. And that included two semi-rare games: Sears Checkers and INTV Super Pro Football. It's true that you can find yourself in the middle of a strange bidding war for commons, but the patient Intellivision collector will be able to get all of the commons for very, very cheap. That said, I'd probably be lucky to get $30 for the 39 other games that came in the lot.

dZ.

The good news is you have lots of people here who are more than happy to help you out. :)

Yes, that's good to know, thanks!

However, I'm more of an impulse buyer. :(

Hey ... anybody have any of these to protect their games ... recommendations good or bad?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1607867806521?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=160786780652&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I'm getting ready to buy a bunch for home brews. Just make sure you get the right size. He has ones that fit gatefolds and ones that fit the Intellivision, Inc games (among others). I think he also does custom amounts and/or mixed sizes if you ask...maybe for a slight premium. Doesn't hurt to ask. I received a game from eBay that came with one (one of the many Slap Shot's floating around a few months ago) and I like it. I just want to make sure they will fit snugly so it doesn't take up so much room on the shelf. I'm running out of space!

• Like 1

dZ.

It took me a while to realize the value/necessity of good communication with eBay sellers. All I can say is that you can get more of what you want and usually cheaper if you just ask a few questions. Everything is negotiable.

My two cents on sniping...from a buying perspective, interaction on eBay is a constant battle between "sniping" and "price wars". In many ways they're inversely related. Price Wars result from people who, well before the auction ends, pile on higher and higher bids to see who backs out last. The result is typically a higher sale price, which is good for the seller, but bad for the buyer. Part of the reason for the higher price is that as you see the high bid increase, you are more likely to also increase the amount you are willing to pay, as compared to the amount you originally set as your max. Addicts are great rationalizers :-) So to avoid the bidding war, some take the "everyone flips their cards at once" approach. When the auction is over, we all put in our max bids and the high bid takes it. It's like a silent auction. Unfortunately, the only time during an auction where you can have everyone bid "silently" is at the end, where no one can decide to up their max. Call it sniping if you want, but think of it this way. Ideally, you should have a pretty good idea of what you're willing to pay for an item, and not go over that amount. By the end of the auction, you either win it for less than your max bid, or it sells for more than you're willing to pay for it. You really have no control over that part, but what you do have control over is what happens before the auction ends. Every bid placed drives the price higher and increases risk for a bidding war, especially with rarer items. Keeping the auction as low as possible for as long as possible minimizes the bidding war effect and thereby leads to lower auction prices. If you didn't win it, you would have had to overpay for it, so just wait for the next one :-)

Again, this is from a buying perspective. Sellers should read the above paragraph in reverse for great tips on getting the most out of your auction :-)

Don't admit you opened it....then everyone is happy.

What's the opinion on the value of this thing?

I personally would like one, for it's historical value. However, I don't know how much it is worth.

Don't admit you opened it....then everyone is happy.

What's the opinion on the value of this thing?

He's sold a few of them at this price (and less) in the last couple of years. He appears to have a decent supply of them which he sells every once in a while. $150-200 is probably fair for a sealed one, $100-125 for a CIB one.