IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

In the past I've been completely against this kind of thing until I posted one of these types of auctions and someone emailed the seller and made a side deal to scoop up a great lot of games at a very low price. I figured I'm done playing by the rules if others don't bother to do so. I did contact the seller minutes after the auction was posted trying to make a deal, but never heard back from him so it wasn't me. I'm not surprised it's gone though. After it was listed here the seller was probably bombarded with offers.

I considered doing a side offer, but i didn't.

I guess in retrospect I should have.

I was going to hit that one really hard...I'm pretty sure at the price I was going to bid, it wold have been mine.

This is the first one I've ever attempted. I still find it distasteful and dispicable to do, but unfortunately you've got to play by other's rules if you want to have any chance to win. I took a shot. It didn't work but someone else was either going to grab it via side offer or I surely would have been priced out of the legitimate auction.

This is the first one I've ever attempted. I still find it distasteful and dispicable to do, but unfortunately you've got to play by other's rules if you want to have any chance to win. I took a shot. It didn't work but someone else was either going to grab it via side offer or I surely would have been priced out of the legitimate auction.

I hear you 100%

It's fine to be ethical and moral but as you said, the reality is that others are playing by different rules.

In fairness, I've side dealt, and on a Spiker no less, although that wasn't my intent.

The Inty scene is hot right now, a lot of new collectors to the scene.

These side deals are inevitable I think.

I'm betting it was Pikachu_07 that made the deal.

I hear you 100%

It's fine to be ethical and moral but as you said, the reality is that others are playing by different rules.

In fairness, I've side dealt, and on a Spiker no less, although that wasn't my intent.

The Inty scene is hot right now, a lot of new collectors to the scene.

These side deals are inevitable I think.

I'm betting it was Pikachu_07 that made the deal.

It wasn't Pikachu (and before someone points a finger, it wasn't me :P). Pikachu has bought from me before and it doesn't match his feedback score.

I saw it go down and come back up without the game. I started refreshing his items every minute or so. Saw it, jumped in ... but by that time it was ended.

I don't see that it sold or completed if it did come back???

Someone won it for a BIN of $90.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FIntellivision-Super-Series-Big-League-Baseball-Video-Game-1982-RARE-%2F181111369708%3Fpt%3DVideo_Games_Games%26hash%3Ditem2a2b142fec%26nma%3Dtrue%26si%3DqNiiSi8pF6on1smlium5qGN05AI%25253D%26orig_cvip%3Dtrue%26rt%3Dnc%26_trksid%3Dp2047675.l2557

What is that game worth????

I think Cmart paid a little over $300 for it around a year ago. With the current price explosion, it would have pushed $4 to 5 hundred?

Really?

REALLY!? I had no idea!

That's for the SUPER Series variant (not the World Series MLB) after they lost their licensing with MLB. Really hard to find ... check out #1 on Cmart and Rev's variation listing:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/199053-cmart-and-revs-top-30-intellivision-variations/

I can't even seem to get a World Series MLB. This game is cursed for me. Maybe I'm just cheap? They used to sell under $100 :_(

Re: Side deals on eBay.....I have been known to do it, but I try to offer a fair price. I usually say something like, "I already own 99% of your lot and would just turn around and sell most of it, so how about $$$ for a single game and you sell the rest in the auction?"

Yah I'd guess this would have gone for $500+, maybe quite a bit more. Too bad for the seller, nice price for whomever got it for $90, that's crazy cheap for a game you might not see for a few years. As previously mentioned, I had it as my #1 Intellivision variation on the top 30 Intellivision variations list