IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I'd say that Super Series Big League Baseball would be in the top three for rarity, maybe rarer than Spiker.

I always seem to forget that one. Still trying to find a WSMLB :-D

Yeah for some reason I tend to forget about the ECS games. When it comes tombariants, you're getting into a whole different realm of scarcity. :)

]

Ugh. This was never a sealed game.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1111441464851?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=111144146485&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Hmmmm :D I emailed that guy as he is near to me in the UK,it was to be honest about interest in a Gameboy Star Wars set he had but I asked for a few other bits too. He's got a really minty Learning Fun 1,not just nice ,REALLY excellent. Wouldn't part with it though. He did throw up something about that title though and that was he'd searched for years for a sealed one as many say it was available sealed when new but could never find a legit one,so didn't believe it was ever factory sealed for retail.Might be wrong !

I wonder on that Baseball (didn't realise there were so many different Baseball games to get !!) as it looks right to me on the seals. Dunno if US sealing varied in any way at all from over here but Ive got several games,2 of which were bought as clearance items back in the early 80's,that have 'aged' exactly the same as that one, looking at my own fledgling collection and that bit a friend has,the bending over at the ends is quite common and looks to be in keeping with that Baseball. One or 2 have been on eBay over the years looking around too. Mebbe shop seals, the simpler sealing machinery of the time does tend to be more similar to retail sealing than nowadays or at least in more recent times when say SNES or Jaguar games are very obviously 'right' or 'wrong' in the sealing standards so I suppose a shop could have done it back in the day. If it was UK sold though is there chance it was genuinely produced & sold as such in this market as opposed to in the US ?

One of my '80's UK bought new sealed games post-36546-0-75449800-1376744539_thumb.jpg

Im realising now that the market in the US was Sooooooooooo much bigger than over here and so standards are generally taken from this market. I am however finding that we have a bit of an untapped resource here for certain things.I'd just assumed because the likes of Draughts and the colour variant Space series boxes are very common knocking about here that they were common everywhere. Im developing a healthy interest in the UK market now,it seems to have a fairly weak following here for some reason,looks like Germany & France have far more hardcore collectors. I do wonder where that UK seller demona01 gets all his gear from,he has cracking Intellivision and Atari gear on eBay all the time.

Rambling again,time to go earn some money to 'waste on stupid games' (wife's assessment of my habit this morning) Ha ha

Edited by Oldtimer

So, this would be the first known INTV Corp. release that was shrinkwrapped?

I think was is the wrong tense, it is the only shrinkwrapped one. Mind Strike etc. from Intellivision Inc. also came shrinkwrapped. So far I'm not aware of any other copy that is still in mint shrinkwrapped condition. I'm only aware of a few used copies, most in not so good condition.

I think was is the wrong tense, it is the only shrinkwrapped one. Mind Strike etc. from Intellivision Inc. also came shrinkwrapped. So far I'm not aware of any other copy that is still in mint shrinkwrapped condition. I'm only aware of a few used copies, most in not so good condition.

No, I was talking about whether they were shrinkwrapped from the factory, because I believe that there is the notion that no INTV Corp. titles were ever shrinkwrapped. I get that the one you have is the only one that has been made public.

Most Intellivision Inc. (not Corp.) games were shrinkwrapped, only the late releases not.

There are a ton of glued 6-packs of Intellivision Inc. games in Venezuela and the games are shrinkwrapped.

And the shrinkwrap on Mind Strike is the same as on Mr. Basic. So yes, it is factory sealed.

Most Intellivision Inc. (not Corp.) games were shrinkwrapped, only the late releases not.

Are you saying there's a difference between Intellivision Inc. and INTV Corp.? All of my INTV games say INTV Corporation on the back.

I haven't seen any titles with INTV Corporation on the back that have been shrinkwrapped. I'm not saying that's impossible; I just want to know if certain titles were shrinkwrapped.

Are you saying there's a difference between Intellivision Inc. and INTV Corp.? All of my INTV games say INTV Corporation on the back.

Yes. Intellivision Inc. (or was it INTV Corp.?) just sold Mattel's remaining stock of cartridges. As titles sold out, they made new boxes without the Mattel logo and that were no longer gatefold. They also reprinted the manuals in black and white without Mattel logos. The licenses for sports titles were not renewed, hence renamed games like Big League Baseball, Football vs. NFL Football and so forth. The cartridge labels were also printed in black and white. These titles were shrinkwrapped and available in stores like Kay-Bee, Toys R US, etc.

The later new games from INTV Corp. were never shrinkwrapped afaik unless it was done by a reseller or ambitious individual.

Intellivision Inc. originally took over operations from Mattel and produced re-releases of the Mattel line-up. All Intellivision Inc. releases were shrinkwrapped.

INTV Corp. later made new games which were no longer shrinkwrapped.

Mr. Basic is a re-release by Intellivision Inc. and is factory shrinkwrapped. And as said AFAIK the only known copy in such a condition.

Edited by Andre81

Yes. Intellivision Inc. (or was it INTV Corp.?) just sold Mattel's remaining stock of cartridges. As titles sold out, they made new boxes without the Mattel logo and that were no longer gatefold. They also reprinted the manuals in black and white without Mattel logos. The licenses for sports titles were not renewed, hence renamed games like Big League Baseball, Football vs. NFL Football and so forth. The cartridge labels were also printed in black and white. These titles were shrinkwrapped and available in stores like Kay-Bee, Toys R US, etc.

The later new games from INTV Corp. were never shrinkwrapped afaik unless it was done by a reseller or ambitious individual.

Right, of course. Thanks. I think I knew that at one point. ;-)

Not to beat a dead horse, but are we saying that the non-Mattel Mr Basic was originally released in the Intellivision Inc days as a factory sealed game, or that this one may have been a rare sealed version in the INTV corp days? If the latter, isn't it more likely that it was a reseal job? Or did I skim earlier posts too fast and miss the point? ;-)

Not to beat a dead horse, but are we saying that the non-Mattel Mr Basic was originally released in the Intellivision Inc days as a factory sealed game, or that this one may have been a rare sealed version in the INTV corp days? If the latter, isn't it more likely that it was a reseal job? Or did I skim earlier posts too fast and miss the point? ;-)

Read my post two posts above your question ;)

If $90 was the starting bid of a true auction, he probably thought it would sell higher (closer to $135). Once no takers, he prob listed as BIN cause it probably isn't worth it to him to sell for less. Now, when no one pays $135, he can lower the price, which looks like a deal to those with goldfish memory ;-) Just speculating here, though. Not too long ago Fathoms were actually selling for $135+ (saying nothing of condition)