IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Ok, here's a chance to buy the entire Intellivision collection! Advertised as an absolutely complete Intellivision library! unless you look closely.

I checked this auction out to get a good look at what condition his Spiker would be in but couldn't find it. Finally at the very end of his description he mentions that the Spiker and LF II are not included. What a croc! That's fine, but don't list the auction as a complete Intellivision library if it isn't. I've seen this person a lot on ebay and have never been a fan. Overpriced on everything and as a topper nearly everything he lists he has graded. Something that he spends $100 on sends off to grade and magically is now worth $1500. So sick of this kind of crap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellivision-INTV-III-3-Complete-Collection-Video-Game-Library-Console-System-/291031588046?pt=Video_Games&hash=item43c2d59cce

Ok, here's a chance to buy the entire Intellivision collection! Advertised as an absolutely complete Intellivision library! unless you look closely.

I checked this auction out to get a good look at what condition his Spiker would be in but couldn't find it. Finally at the very end of his description he mentions that the Spiker and LF II are not included. What a croc! That's fine, but don't list the auction as a complete Intellivision library if it isn't. I've seen this person a lot on ebay and have never been a fan. Overpriced on everything and as a topper nearly everything he lists he has graded. Something that he spends $100 on sends off to grade and magically is now worth $1500. So sick of this kind of crap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellivision-INTV-III-3-Complete-Collection-Video-Game-Library-Console-System-/291031588046?pt=Video_Games&hash=item43c2d59cce

Way overpriced. Also, didn't see the most important game of all....Worm Whomper.

What would a complete collection go for?

Condition is a huge part of it. Nice boxes, vs worn boxes (or no boxes). Also, there is something to be said for the uniformness of your games. This guy's collection is a mix of loose carts, Mattel, Intellivision inc, etc. I put a lot if energy into finding all Mattel gatefolds for the Networks. I display these together and they look great with all same box styles/heights. Additionally, I have all USA versions (where applicable, vs Hong Kong). AND, my original 10 releases are all USA Gatefolds with specific boxes, specific carts, specific overlays, and the original full color manuals. Of course, these things aren't important to everyone, but this amount of detail came at a high cost, both financially and timewise.

All that being said, I would be surprised if you could put together a reasonable CIB 125 for less than $6,000. $10k would be a low average IMHO, but you could easily top $20-100k if you include boxed console variations, foreign language variants, Sears, Intellivision inc, ECS, HOMEBREWS, Keyboard Component, Playcable, Videoplexer, prototypes, catalogs, documentation, patches/letters, etc.

Think of this. Just the top 15 CIB games (not inc homebrews)...so Spiker, LF1, LF2, SMB, Congo Bongo, Tutankham, Body Slam, Triple Challenge, Worm Whomper, Super Cobra, World Series MLB, Mountain Madness, Jetsons, Melody Blaster, Fathom.....these alone would run ~$3750.

I also added up that eBay lot. I'd value it around $1150. Just my opinion....

rare typo or normal cart? picked up a donkey kong in ebay lot and the sticker is printed upside down or transposed? u know how when inserted in the machine the labelling is right side up so u can read it? this one reads upside down!?.........scot

Sometimes the glues gives up and people reglue it not remember the correct way. Look at the worm whomper tread that jasonlikesintv posted.

I seem to recall that some Coleco games came with an extra label... was this a French-Canadian version? I'm positive I have and / or have seen this. That means that 'end users' could apply the sticker themselves and could have done it wrong.

Pictures would help, certainly.

Doesn't mean there weren't some without manufacturing errors. Haven't seen labels come off inty carts very often, and it's usually Mattel or parker brothers.

i looked and dont see u there? only one related was canada on bottom with no pic? mine really is ONLY to the smaller wrapped around edge being upside down. nothin to do with the greater top section. will try to get a pic to compare ther both versions tomorrow. cant believe they did it on purpose but maybe it was cheaper to print both sections same side up!?:) stay tuned......scot

no canadian anything. like i said its ONE piece. side label was transposed. will try to see about a picture tomorrow. stay tuned. must be this is a misprint if noone knows anything about it. maybe i can retire!?:)......scot

The normal sticker is one piece :) just suggesting it may be on upside down. Pics pics pics :)

I seem to recall that some Coleco games came with an extra label... was this a French-Canadian version? I'm positive I have and / or have seen this. That means that 'end users' could apply the sticker themselves and could have done it wrong.

Pictures would help, certainly.

Doesn't mean there weren't some without manufacturing errors. Haven't seen labels come off inty carts very often, and it's usually Mattel or parker brothers.

I own a Canadian Carnival CIB. The cartridge already has the English sticker attached but the box also contains an unused French sticker. I don't know if the cartridge came from the factory with the English sticker pre-attached or if the original owner manually applied it (I suspect the latter). I can provide photos if anyone is interested.

This was laying on my desk... if you were to peel off the sticker and lay it flat, it would all look correctly printed. Because of the fold and orientation of the cart, the 'spine' looks upside down when the cart is in the system.

EDIT: Attached pic.

post-35516-0-08505600-1386455856_thumb.jpg

Edited by intvsteve