IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Definitely suspicious on the winner with Feedback rating of 1. That doesn't explain the other bidder with 69 feedback.

Maybe they thought that:

Triple Action was Triple Challenge

Donkey Kong was D2K

Word Fun was Learning Fun

For me, the part about selling it "as is" was the real selling point

:-D

He posted all the pictures to those boxes here and then asked people what they thought they were worth. I inquired about some of them before the listings and never got an answer. I guess the answer is that he's out to attempt to make a quick buck. My offer on one of the boxes was also immediately declined.

I'd like a couple of the boxes, made offers…having second thoughts….I have a HUGE purchase that is more closely related to my income over the next 5 years…so although a Spiker box for an incomplete cart would be cool… being able to have a more stable income sounds better. Prices in general seem lower this year than last…60 for a Dig Dug box or 80 for CIB. Spiker is a wild card, but I still am unsure of price for the condition of the box, it is fair at best, not worth $600 at least for me. The guy is a nice enough human and has been pleasant to deal with.

Not here to get into a pissing contest with anyone but I am curious about what is so overpriced on what I listed?

I listed an item on ebay and had a conversation with an individual who told me to sign up here and list what I had. I got flooded with PMs which is fine. Many offered their input on which ones would fetch the best price and what I should ask for and that's great. Some people made offers on things I thought was fare and we have struck deals.

I never came here asking what my things were worth. I came here to try to avoid ebay and posted my stuff and asked for offers. Members offered their input on value. Again nothing wrong with that. I am only listing them now because more than one person has asked for the same items and everybody's idea of worth is different.

People can argue all day long about what something is worth. Jason's view is the box is worth maybe half the value of a CIB at best. I used math and completed listings to arrive at my values because to me that makes more sense then just saying half.

Spiker is the only one I didn't do any calculations on. Somebody told me to hold out for no less than $500 because in their view the box is the most valuable piece. I see listings for CIBs and I see listing for loose. Not very many box only so his logic is sound in my mind. Plenty of people would like to just complete their set without having to spend extra and have a loose duplicate they have to keep or sell off. Sure a CIB went in November for in the $800s but two sold earlier in the year for close to 2 grand according to a tracker site I saw. I know my box has issues bit it would seem to be a hard to find item so I'm being patient.

I got an offer on ebay for $300 and maybe I should have taken it. Maybe not. But if I was only here to "make a quick buck" I would have done that by now.

Body Slam CIB went for $230 while a cart goes for $40. $190 difference perceived value for box. I listed mine at $150 or offer.

Mountain Madness CIB went for $115. Only thing to sell in months for that game. Got a PM that said box should fetch $125. I listed at $125 or offer

Decathlon CIB went for $70 and the box was beat up. Cart goes for $25. Saw on tracker site one that got $200 CIB. My box is really, really nice so $100 seemed fair.

Dig Dig CIB sold for $90. Cart and manual for $30. $60 difference for no box so I listed my box at $60 or offer.

Thunder Castle CIB sold for $80. Another for close to $40 but box was beat up. $20 for cart and manual. $60 difference for box. Listed mine at $50.

Jetsons CIB sold for $140. $60 for cart, manual, overlays. $80 difference for box so I listed mine at $75 or offer.

World Series CIB sold for $280. Box similar condition to mine. Cart and manual for $35. $245 difference for the box. I listed mine at $200.

I don't think my prices are out of line based on what things have sold for. I know it's the internet and people are going to say things and you need to have tough skin. That being said if somebody wants to ask if I'm nutz I'm going to at least explain my rationale on it.

On the contrary. To just list your items without doing any research at all is nutz. There are plenty of posts on here about amazing deals because some seller did a BIN and had no idea what their stuff was worth. I'd rather be accused of maybe asking too much than be that guy.

I'll get off my soap box now. Just wanted to explain my numbers and why I didn't think they were nutz or out of line. If I don't get any offers then I guess I'll know my answer. If I missed anybody's PM I apologize. There have been a bunch so I'm sure I missed answering or following up with some.

Edited by dapert

Dapert, I can't speak for others, but I wasn't trying to criticize your choice of starting prices. This is a forum for the open discussion of all things Intellivision. This includes opinions on condition, value, prices, eBay, etc. You have some cool and rare items, so obviously they will be discussed here. My comment was purely to say that I'd be surprised if you got your initial asking prices, but you did too hence the best offer options. I think most of your offers will be around half of your initial asking price for most of those boxes...although I'm not sure on the Spiker. That one could be closer to $500, who knows. If course, that's just one guy's humble opinion :) Thick skin is good and you obviously shouldn't feel bad at all for selling your own items for whatever you feel is appropriate, nor should you have to explain yourself. Hopefully you have no ill feelings toward the forum. Best of luck on your auctions :)

• Like 1

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2213744184681?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=221374418468&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

What an awesome lot by an awesome seller! ;)

Although, Nothing rare, not sure if any of you guys are interested.........

what do you guys make of this auction.....yes it is mine.

it got bid up by two low feedback bidders. trust me, im not a shill bidder and had nothing to do with it!

or....

is this such a nice lot that it really is worth this much? I expected 100 to 150 tops on a start bid of 0.01 and no reserve........but now its at 280.00? not that im complaining if they want to pay that much!

also, sometimes what yo guys think is a shill bid may not actually be? trust me, i had nothing to do with the bids on this auction.

what do you guys make of this auction.....yes it is mine.

it got bid up by two low feedback bidders. trust me, im not a shill bidder and had nothing to do with it!

or....

is this such a nice lot that it really is worth this much? I expected 100 to 150 tops on a start bid of 0.01 and no reserve........but now its at 280.00? not that im complaining if they want to pay that much!

also, sometimes what yo guys think is a shill bid may not actually be? trust me, i had nothing to do with the bids on this auction.

280 doesn't surprise me you have some very minty game boxes there and a intell 3

280 doesn't surprise me you have some very minty game boxes there and a intell 3

Well, thanks! Actually, my spare stock that i have left is some of the better stuff i have, over the years i have sold off the more worn stuff, as I whittle it down the quality gets better! really.

At one time I was sitting on a couple thousand spare games. hoarder!

But, I did send the two top bidders this message just in case: Hi, thank you for your interest in my Intellivision auction, Just want to make sure of your genuine interest in this, thanks! and happy bidding!

• Like 1

No hard feelings at all Jason. In fact the more I read here the less I want to sell what I have. Problem is I've missed too many home brews to try to catch up now. Everyone who has contacted me has been great actually. Several people gave me their thoughts on what they thought some of the things would sell for.

I just wanted to explain how I arrived at my figures. It made sense to me. It may turn out to be wrong but I tired to put some thought into it.

I think the baseball game auction that went for $282 was a variant called Super Series Baseball.

It's the Intellivision, Inc reissue of the Mattel game, much rarer than the Mattel version so it always commands big $.

Catching up on homebrews is near impossible, while I still want them all I'm more concerned with not missing out on the plethora of new ones coming out in the (hopefully) near future!

Actually, my spare stock that i have left is some of the better stuff i have, over the years i have sold off the more worn stuff, as I whittle it down the quality gets better! really.

Wow, no wonder the Lock-n-Chase I bought from you didn't work! :P

Since that's the exact opposite of what most sellers do remind me to not purchase any more used games from you until you get to the end of your stock, lol.

Wow, no wonder the Lock-n-Chase I bought from you didn't work! :P

Since that's the exact opposite of what most sellers do remind me to not purchase any more used games from you until you get to the end of your stock, lol.

What?!!!! Did you clean it? Sorry! I'll send you a new one!