IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I just wanted to explain how I arrived at my figures. It made sense to me. It may turn out to be wrong but I tired to put some thought into it.

I was very serious about buying a package of three boxes and would have earlier in the discussions, but my situation changed with a big work purchase opportunity. Dapet and I had really good conversations on the boxes, trying to both get what we needed. For me the extra days of wait combined with a "potential" out flow or cast put pressure on me for a short term decision.

So I want to apologize for having to back out of a deal, even thought we had both not agreed to it. It's all about balance and timing and pulling the trigger.

I found out yesterday about a new investment for stocking my business that made it harder for me to pull the trigger, where I would have during the first days of the offer.

It is good to get what you can, it's good for us to bargain, in the middle happiness should be able to be found. He made it clear to me how he came up with the pricing and I made it clear where I thought might be flawed. I had to pull out of another Package of Sealed games as well.

I in no way felt like he was doing anything but working on getting the best offers together he could. I don't see a fault in that, as I was trying to get the best price I could afford.

• Like 1

Body Slam CIB went for $230

I paid the 230, but you forget some points. First of all: There one thing you still need beside the cart to get Body Slam: The manual. Getting a Box is nice, but the manual is not for free, its a wonder if you could find one. And on the other side, the box of the 230$ copy looked MUCH better than yours. It was near mint, yours is good with some creases.

But what I do not understand: How did you get the price for Decathlon? Its a title you can buy CiB for 40-60$ and you are asking for 100 for a empty box.

Its your stuff and so you are making the prices, but you have to admit that you got over the limit in some cases ;)

Ignorama,

Agree with your post - mint cart and mint manual are worth a lot of money. Many forget or undervalue the Manual. If I had an extra Spiker manual I wouldn't sell it for anything less than a reasonable 3 figure number. I believe someone above already mentioned - one way to get to true value is to simply do auction style listing. I do agree that you don't want to be "that guy" who sells so cheap but you can always protect yourself with a reasonable reserve so that you don't have to sell at a really low price - just sucks that ebay has their hand out even to add this feature which I think should be free, especially if it is disclosed. As for gentleman selling, believe his last 2 paragraphs kind of sum up most important points - if you get no bidders on 1st go around or shortly thereafter then the "market" has given you your answer. What I find annoying is when someone continues to post same item like 10 times or more and keeps price the same - I know it's free to list, but they are not accomplishing anything but waste of time. Anyways, just my $.02:-)

I never used reserve price but think it is ok so long as you mention in body of auction so as not to waste everyone's time if price is to high. It allows seller to not set uupper limit but establish a reasonable lower limit which could save you - unfortunately many abuse the reserve price with unreasonable amounts. Agree that it is easier and cheaper to just use a BIN - A reserve in my opinion only appropriate for the rarest items.

i got my case of mr bitz and bytes today. happy with packing so all very nice. factory sealed was wierd. didnt hear any comments on my earlier posts guess wasnt important enuf to shadow the BOX drama!?:) anyone want what i have? i dont care if i have unsealed so if someone has a real nice opened one plus something its of interest as is anything else i still need. will try to decide value and list some. all better than most. email with offers or concerns. i will try to keep it under $600:)........THAT guy:)

Good for you scott. I find it hilarious how bitter and angry you are. It's not a big deal so chill out before you get a bruise patting yourself on the back with self righteousness.

I'll get the missing parts and sell them as CIB so calm down. Somebody seems to take their video game collecting waaaaaaaaaaay to serious.

• Like 1

I didn't notice Scott angry anywhere? He uses lots of smile icons.... those must be angry smiles!

I think he uses a decent amount of sarcasm, but I'm not always sure when he's serious or sarcastic, due to his punctuational stylings. Misinterpreting sarcasm for serious could come across unintendedly. Also, making up words like unintendedly could come across unintentionalered.