IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I find putting a dryer sheet (Bounce or something like that) with the games in a plastic bag for a while (couple weeks) really helps the smell to go....

Does it really make the smell go, or does it mask it with a flowery, springy smell?

• Like 1

Yeah, I can't stand that artificial scented dryer sheet smell -- it's worse than cigarette smoke, and often gives me a headache (other members of my family have worse reactions). I have to air out games I get when they're inundated with that odor. Does a fragrance-free dryer sheet work?

baking soda does the trick . Put them in big plastic tub with box of baking soda . That helps a lot

This. I put a generous amount of baking soda in a shallow dish and place the entire thing in a large Ziploc bag with the smokey item. Dryer sheets help especially if you throw one inside the box, but use fragrance free if the smell bothers you (the dryer sheet smell goes away on its own with time). Give it at least a month and possibly stir up, add fresh, or replace baking soda each week or so. Eventually it minimizes the odor substantially, but never really goes away.

Also, prior to this treatment:

Boxes: Using a damp cloth, wipe all of the outer surfaces pretty well and dry quickly before it soaks in (I use a microfibre cloth to dry and polish). Be very careful not to soak the box! Go quick and dry fast and the box will be fine (practice on Las Vegas Poker&Blackjack). If you originally use a moist white paper towel, you'll see the yellow stain coming off into the paper towel. Mmmm....smokey cigarettes.

Overlays: The Mattel overlays are surprisingly waterproof. In situations where they are really dirty and/or smokey, I wash them gently under slightly warm running water. I dry them with microfibre cloths.

Carts: I wipe everything but the label with 70% isopropal (including the contacts), then dry with microfibre cloths. I wipe the dust from the label with a dry microfibre cloth. You can attempt a quick damp water wipe of the label, but more often than not the ink will bleed. Best to keep dry.

Manuals: These are the toughest. Don't use water! For smoke, place in a bag with baking soda. For crusty dry stains, gently scrape off with fingernail. Leave tape alone, unless it's really old. If it's dried out, you can sometimes dry scrape it (and the glue) off with a knife.

I've had decent luck with these methods with only a few regrets (I got greedy trying to remove Sharpie marker from the front of a box).

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

I find by far the absolute best stuff to permanently remove any smell is NILODOR. It literally removes any smell… I've been using it for 10 years now. At one of my jobs when I received a van, the previous employee using that van smoked heavily. I put 3 drops in the back of the van and the smell was gone in 24 hours. If you have a musty smelling game, just a tiny little pinch in a ziplock back with the game and the smell is gone forever…. It's almost alien technology.

The tiny little green bottle works best for my needs (they have all kinds of products)

Ozone - If you have an Ion type air filter put the cart in and the filter the trash bag for two days. Works pretty well. Works for mildew two. Sometimes you might need to do it twice.

Do they sell this (nilodor) in stores?

Yes. It is a hit and a miss though. In the battle for 'shelf space' Nilodor (when in stock) goes quick. Last time I was in the store I found it in a 'Safeway' grocery store. They had 4 bottles left and I purchased all 4. The stuff is gold. I'm not just saying this in a post to get in on the conversation. I'm merely sharing with all here the best product I have ever tried by far, and I have tried quite a few. (And no I don't own shares in the company)

http://www.nilodor.com

Edited by Bodyshots

Yes. It is a hit and a miss though. In the battle for 'shelf space' Nilodor (when in stock) goes quick. Last time I was in the store I found it in a 'Safeway' grocery store. They had 4 bottles left and I purchased all 4. The stuff is gold. I'm not just saying this in a post to get in on the conversation. I'm merely sharing with all here the best product I have ever tried by far, and I have tried quite a few. (And no I don't own shares in the company)

http://www.nilodor.com

Is this it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181432149897?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I'm 'assuming' that is their new packaging. When you inquired about nilodor I went to their website and looked. It does not show my product. In shipping details it states that you 'may' get the same item with their old packaging until the old stock runs out. My bottle says its "Original All Purpose Concentrated". I mentioned that I bought the last 4 bottles they had in stock on the store shelf. That was a little over a year ago and each bottle is good for 200 drops. I borrowed some to a friend who's cat sprayed on his couch before he had it fixed. Got rid of it.

I took a picture of my bottle

post-39247-0-90238100-1402856570_thumb.jpg

If anyone purchases it, let me know your experience with it.

When it come to consoles, or anything that has a musty/mouldy smell to it, I still prefer to take everything apart then clean and sanitize it. Especially if mould may be present. Anything cellulose based allows that stinky mould to grow, and I'd prefer buying something used from a seller who sells by those ethics. ;)

Edited by Bodyshots

Unseen, it exists in the deep

where sun beams can not reach

But upon rare encounter

It breaches, a sight to behold

Sometimes full of vigor

Sometimes naught

Before slipping beneath the waves

To return to the unseen

The wailing commences

We feel the loss.

post-37124-0-14111100-1402859518_thumb.jpg