IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

It's a combination of eBay notifications and constantly checking. It's unhealthy in the long run. Makes you neurotic and antisocial :(

And causes insomnia.

Neurotic, antisocial, causes insomnia... I think those are all on the requirement list to be an Intellivision collector.

Neurotic, antisocial, causes insomnia... I think those are all on the requirement list to be an Intellivision collector.

Indeed: I never waked up in the middle of the night to check the result of an ebay auction before starting collecting for the Inty!

I know it's in good condition, but wow!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1513919151931?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=151391915193&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This is a great example of a game where condition totally affects pricing. $35 for a rough boxed copy but $140 if nicer. Koolaid Man is another good example of this.....especially if sealed. I suppose this generally holds true for most INTV and Coleco games, where the boxes typically didn't hold up well over time.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1513919151931?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=151391915193&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This is a great example of a game where condition totally affects pricing. $35 for a rough boxed copy but $140 if nicer. Koolaid Man is another good example of this.....especially if sealed. I suppose this generally holds true for most INTV and Coleco games, where the boxes typically didn't hold up well over time.

Wow! It's in good shape but not mint shape. Anyone here win it?

One of the things I mentally track on eBay is the number of items found when searching for "Intellivision". I run the search on eBay USA, but search worldwide. I only search titles, not descriptions. For the last year or two (maybe even longer), the search results have been hovering around the 4,000-4,800 range. You can compare this to "Colecovision" which today had around 2,565 hits or "Atari" which had around 54,500 hits! I also searched "NES" then narrowed it down to "Video Games and Consoles" and still had over 92,000 hits!

Today was the first time I noticed "Intellivision" ever returning 5,000 or more hits and I was doubly surprised to catch it at exactly 5,000. Here's a screenshot from my phone:

eBay 5000 item milestone

This concludes your mildly interesting fact of the day ;-)

• Like 1

Ya, crazy price. I saw this item when it was first listed and bookmarked it. I'm fairly certain it had a BIN price of $54.99.