IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I placed an order from a different seller years ago. My package wasn't opened by customs and all were as described. Only a few dents/creases from shipping and my Pitfall and Beamrider were a bit moisture damaged including rusty staples and manual pages sticking together and to the box. The Beamrider wasn't as bad as the Pitfall. I paid much more than $20 and it took 2-3 months. I think you got a decent deal for the price, but always risk involved.

I bought only once from Venezuela: a sealed The Dreadnaught Factor, which arrived to me without damages (actually it was in perfect conditions) and fortunately the customs didn't open the package.

Fast shipping and good communication.

Obviously one case is not statistically significant.

I bought only once from Venezuela: a sealed The Dreadnaught Factor, which arrived to me without damages (actually it was in perfect conditions) and fortunately the customs didn't open the package.

Fast shipping and good communication.

Obviously one case is not statistically significant.

They sure did ship fast and Fed ex right to my door a lot cheaper and faster then from across the boarder/USA(... Your right about the communication... I contacted them outside fleabay...Great to deal with...

So, I decided to take the plunge and order some of the sealed games from Venezuela. I figure for $20 + free shipping, I can't lose. Not to flog the dead horse, but that's cheaper than shipping on a single game from most US sellers :P So I get this on the opening bid:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-INTELLIVISION-GAMES-DIFFERENT-NEW-SEALED-VECTRON-SUB-HUNT-NIGHT-STALKER-SKI-/181917695212?nma=true&si=kX5blw%252FVE70iqstNLhkWBmDI2nQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

How did it arrive?

Well... first, the Mattel cardboard box you see came shipped flat. Makes sense, as it fits into a Fedex box easier. It doesn't look quite as minty-new as in the pic - in fact I know for sure that it's a different box due to the taping - but whatever. If anyone wants it, I could probably part with it. It's still a Mattel box with 1980 on it, kinda cool.

Second - only 4 games came sealed. Including the Vectron which I think may be the gem of the lot. They're all Intellivision Inc. editions. I'm not sure if this is factory sealing; there's variation in the seams. I'm not a sealed guy so I don't care too much, but...

Third - I actually got 7 games in total. The other 3 are gatefolds, and the bonus game is Astrosmash - which shows some ugly damage on the inside of the box. Astrosmash and Deadly Discs do not have the plastic cart holders. Night Stalker's manual has rusting staples. However, the overlays for all 3 are MINT and even have the paper backing. And they each came with mint instructions and catalogs - Astrosmash even has the insert for the instructions update.

Fourth - given the not-so-perfect sealing job (there are some obvious holes in the pictures, minor but it helps identify them), 2 of the sealed games match up and were what was pictured. 2 clearly are not from the picture. I can't speak to whether or not the others were from the picture, or if "customs" opened the seal and discarded the plastic.

Overall? Quite the mixed bag. I've heard horror stories about "customs" damaging stuff from Venezuela. Mine came nowhere near as bad as it could have been, but also not exactly as listed on Ebay. And I'm pretty sure "customs" did not cause a rusty staple or some of the other subtle signs of wear that I've noticed. I seriously doubt that I was shipped "exactly" what was in the picture, but it seems "close". For $20? I got 7 boxed games, 4 in great shape and sealed, 2 in decent if slightly crushed shape, and 1 better than some but not great shape. I think it was worth it for fun, but I can see why people advise caution. I'm no expert on sealed games but these do not seem original. And why would 2 out of 6 be opened? I suspect the free Astrosmash was the seller's way of covering up his small bit of false advertising.

Oh - and it only took 8 days from winning the auction to receiving it. From South America. I'm impressed.

I just purchased a similar lot of 6 games from the same seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-INTELLIVISION-GAMES-DIFFERENT-NEW-SEALED-BURGERTIME-NIGHT-STALKER-TRON-ASTROS/181927717964?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D34293%26meid%3D6cfe799474844dbaaa0f4fdf1d05ca7d%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D181917695212

I guess Ill find out in a few days if they come in the condition they appear to be in.

There's a Canadian Bilingual Popeye in this lot if anyone is interested.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/351571741730?_trksid=p2060353.m2763.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The Shark Shark overlays are in horrible shape. Would you ever throw something, that's in extremely poor condition, in the garbage, For me if the box stops functioning as a box or the overlays stop functioning as overlays, I'd probably throw them out.

I ordered Beamrider from Venezuela a year ago. Item wasnt in as good of shape as claimed, and clearly wasn't the one in pic. However the price was good enough and condition still nice, so that I was happy overall. Shipping was extremely fast and arrived faster than some packages shipped from the US.

If you don't mind, post the results here. I looked at that lot too. I can hardly get boxed games for $3 each, let alone sealed, so if the guy is at least semi-reliable then I could see myself ordering more from him. So far it's decent enough for what I paid, but the horror stories I've heard make me go hmmm.

• Like 1

With the Global Shipping Program this is what the shipping charges are for Canada at the current $40.99 bid. It gets needlessly expensive, quickly.

Shipping:

$10.45 International Priority Shipping to Canada via the Global Shipping Program | See details
Item location:
Pacifica, California, United States
Ships to:
United States and many other countries | See details
Import charges:
$11.38 (estimated and based on current bid)
No additional import charges on delivery
Edited by herkamur

The Postage is about right. The import duty I was not aware of. I think I can mail it outside of Ebay still. I will work with people on the duty. 10.45 import duty seems pretty stupid.

I have found one more Tub...I have sold them for $65 shipped and paypal'd. I can put one together on friendlier terms. Or work outside of Ebay shipping.