IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

6 days shipping from New York, through customs, and to my door. Astounding. And this is the cheapest USPS rate - $50 for a HUGE package (that's what she said). Take note, Ebay sellers - you don't have to gouge Canadians on shipping!

All 3 of the big games work. And about 20 of the rest are screw cases, so that's potentially useful in the future.

Excellent news!

Large packages don't really seem to be the problem going to canada.

A large 5 pound package sent priority is around $42.

But an 8oz bubble mailer sent priority is about $32. :P

So stupid they need that much for sending next to nothing.

• Like 1

Kinda very misleading to list 'Cart Only' and main photo is not the actual photo of the product....and that photo also shows box and manual.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3018987539911?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=301898753991&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Very much like the person who's lately been putting up pictures of a case full of sealed carts, with a description to the effect of "fresh case!". It's only when you read the description carefully that you realize it's a single copy being sold.

Said person may have gotten into trouble recently, because I notice those ads aren't *quite* as misleading. It's still pictures of 6 carts every time, but the title at least has "1x" in it. So now it's only half-misleading. What kills me is that the guy has one picture where it shows only one copy. JUST USE THAT PICTURE.

Back on Ebay shipping rates.. Asked a vendor to switch his shipping form Global to Ebays International shipping so that the shipping rate would drop from the 30 dollars US for a single game for shipping to Canada.. This is the Response I got.. (BTW , several vendors I purchased from did do the switch which brought the shipping to below 10 dollars)

Hi

I can only ship using the Ebay global shipping program. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you

Oh the greed out there... lol

• Like 3

Part of is that eBay encourages sellers to use the Global Shipping program and not normal international shipping. This makes some sellers nervous to use normal international shipping (like they are taking unnecessary risks). This is only a perception. That said, I never had trouble as a seller with normal international shipping.

• Like 2

Maybe i should see if he would take my Spiker in trade?

Hey it's a 90+. I think I have two VGA rated games in my collection. I got them for the same price as a regular sealed would have gone for at the time...pretty much...a sealed Worm Whopper and a sealed Super Cobra.

what the hell makes this any more valuable than the thousands of still sealed, perfect condition games out there?

aren't there warehouses in Venezuela full of them?

Does putting it in a plastic box with a fancy sticker really cost hundreds of dollars?

and does anyone ever pay these ridiculous prices?

just wondering?

what the hell makes this any more valuable than the thousands of still sealed, perfect condition games out there?

aren't there warehouses in Venezuela full of them?

Does putting it in a plastic box with a fancy sticker really cost hundreds of dollars?

and does anyone ever pay these ridiculous prices?

just wondering?

It's not even in that great of condition. It looks like the plastic is peeling and the back corner looks messed up.

I always disliked the VGA grading system just from the Sports card industry. It makes all of us pay more to make our collectibles verified as authentic.

And then we have people try to sell things at unrealistic prices for VGA graded stuff. Just one persons opinion!

I always disliked the VGA grading system just from the Sports card industry. It makes all of us pay more to make our collectibles verified as authentic.

And then we have people try to sell things at unrealistic prices for VGA graded stuff. Just one persons opinion!

VGA is one of the biggest scams out there. Charging for their "professional" grading services is as disreputable as the people that charge 10x typical CIB when trying to sell it.

• Like 3

The grading is pretty stupid. I won't "pay" for it. But if it was something I needed I would buy it. I do have a sealed and and open collection. Most likely a stupid waste of $$ but it was something fun for me to try to do.

Part of my inevitable Powerball plan is to buy a bunch of VGA stuff and open it.

Haha! Part of mine is to get a ton of games VGA graded and then put them up for sale at regular CIB prices every time one of these idiotic listings gets posted.

• Like 3