IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I've dealt recently with warpzoneonline for a very rare item and everything went smooth.

The game box I purchased from him is surely original and he made me the happiestbuyerever

I'm sure that it did. Sellers like this are typically on the up and up. Even happiest that I hate with a passion I have no doubts that he delivers items that he sells. I just despise the outlandish markups that they list for which in turn drives up prices across the board and ends up destroying a hobby. I've seen it over and over again.

• Like 1

Fortunately, the primary Intellivision repro box makers mark them as such, so we could ask for a pic of the inner flaps. Of course, there could be subreputable box makers out there trying to pass repros off as originals.

Agreed. For a situation like this he really should have shown a photo of the flaps in the listing. If it is real (and I'm still not convinced) it's possibly the nicest Spiker box I've ever seen.

my Spiker box, that I purchased many years ago, is in excellent shape as well but the cardboard is clearly old. The same with the game I bought recently from warpzoneonline.

IMO, the best way to check whether it's original or not is to look at the carboard inside of the box, paying especially attention to the color. Even if it's possible to reproduce a box, the cardboard will always look like new

Let me tell you what you might do with that (after purchasing the power supply, apparently not included in the listing)

- find three friends

- plug the Computer Adapter into your Master Component

- take a copy of World Cup Soccer and insert the cart into the Computer Adapter

- take 2 extra Intellivision controllers and plug them into the Computer Adapter

- turn on TV and console

4 human players will play World Cup Soccer simultaneously!

That is the ECS, though this particular one is missing the typing keyboard and power supply.

Of the original 125 Intellivision games, there were 6 games that officially supported it (required by these games) and 1 game that unofficially supported it (World Cup Soccer, optional for the game).

What it does:

• Add 2 more controller ports. These can be used to add the following:
    • 2 more controllers (for 4 player games, controllers purchased separately)
    • The ECS typing keyboard (included with the ECS when you bought it)
    • The ECS music keyboard (purchased separately, one game supports it).
  • Adds ~2KB of RAM (not all is usable)
  • Includes extra ROM for the Intellivision flavor of BASIC. This flavor of BASIC is ok but also kind of crippled due to the lack of PEEK and POKE commands. Don't confuse this BASIC with IntyBASIC (a full development language for creating games and such).
  • Data tape input and output. Just hook up a normal audio cassette recorder/player. Barely anything used this.
  • Printer output, uses a similar output jack as the data tapes did. I think there is only 1 printer compatible with this and it is ultra rare.

Really, the most useful feature is adding 2 more controllers for 4 player games but it is so hard to get 4 people together to play these days.

• Like 1

And get the controllers. That reminds me, since the ECS was released in brown in Europe, I emailed the Blue Sky Rangers about brown Intelli II controllers, and Keith Robinson himself answered me. (saying that to his knowledge no brown detachable controllers for the European market were ever made).

That is the ECS, though this particular one is missing the typing keyboard and power supply.

Of the original 125 Intellivision games, there were 6 games that officially supported it (required by these games) and 1 game that unofficially supported it (World Cup Soccer, optional for the game).

What it does:

• Add 2 more controller ports. These can be used to add the following:
    • 2 more controllers (for 4 player games, controllers purchased separately)
    • The ECS typing keyboard (included with the ECS when you bought it)
    • The ECS music keyboard (purchased separately, one game supports it).
  • Adds ~2KB of RAM (not all is usable)
  • Includes extra ROM for the Intellivision flavor of BASIC. This flavor of BASIC is ok but also kind of crippled due to the lack of PEEK and POKE commands. Don't confuse this BASIC with IntyBASIC (a full development language for creating games and such).
  • Data tape input and output. Just hook up a normal audio cassette recorder/player. Barely anything used this.
  • Printer output, uses a similar output jack as the data tapes did. I think there is only 1 printer compatible with this and it is ultra rare.
Really, the most useful feature is adding 2 more controllers for 4 player games but it is so hard to get 4 people together to play these days.
Don't forget the extra sound chip doubling the sound capability of Intellivision. I think the printer port is rs232 compatible and a standard serial printer could be used if you match the baud rate. There are also 3 or 4 prototypes of unreleased games that can be played through a memory cart. Some games like World Series uses tape to store game data. World Series is a ground breaking game and Mind Strike is an interesting strategy game but I'm not sure if any ECS game would be recommended. Edited by mr_me
  • Like 2

Let me tell you what you might do with that (after purchasing the power supply, apparently not included in the listing)

- find three friends

- plug the Computer Adapter into your Master Component

- take a copy of World Cup Soccer and insert the cart into the Computer Adapter

- take 2 extra Intellivision controllers and plug them into the Computer Adapter

- turn on TV and console

4 human players will play World Cup Soccer simultaneously!

Or play 4 player pong from Ultimate Pong.

Hear better 6 voice sound on Space Patrol, Desert Bus and the Bad Apple demo.

• Like 2

Extremely suspicious! Chinese seller with no feedback offering a price too good to be true:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3226109783971?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=322610978397&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Also, a different seller with zero feedback sold the exact same item for even less recently:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2019898552741?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=201989855274&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I'm pretty sure they found the pic on Google Images and are listing it repeatedly with bogus accounts. Buyer beware!

one of them says he's located in Inner Mongolia, the other in Tibet. Not exactly the typical places where you would expect to meet an Intellivision enthusiast...

Two identical sold listings 2500km apart 7 days apart with different zero feedback sellers in China... Do people even read listings before they buy? :D

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Two identical sold listings 2500km apart 7 days apart with different zero feedback sellers in China... Do people even read listings before they buy? :D

Wait. Are you saying I shouldn't have scooped both of these great deals up? ?