IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Part of me thinks schoolgirl and happiestseller just keep selling stuff back and forth to each other driving the price up further each time.

When I price stuff to gauge value I always throw out the high outliers. I sort eBay by sold completed listings, auctions only (BINs and Best Offers excluded), and then sort by lowest price. Then I toss anything incomplete or significantly damaged. At the end of the day, you just have to pay what you're comfortable with, but I constantly battle price creep.

• Like 2

Part of me thinks schoolgirl and happiestseller just keep selling stuff back and forth to each other driving the price up further each time.

When I price stuff to gauge value I always throw out the high outliers. I sort eBay by sold completed listings, auctions only (BINs and Best Offers excluded), and then sort by lowest price. Then I toss anything incomplete or significantly damaged. At the end of the day, you just have to pay what you're comfortable with, but I constantly battle price creep.

Exactly what I was thinking. They've got to make their listing prices justified somehow.

I think everyone misses the point on these, sellers list complete collections for keywords on Ebay. The minute you search for any NTSC Intellivision game on Ebay that listing will come up regardless, and 50% of people that view it will click on the little red door next to the sellers name. It is free advertising, in the end they don't want to sell it. It is much much cheaper than paying for sponsored listings on Ebay or any type of advertising Ebay has to offer. And it is there for good. As the item increases with watchers and hits, all it does is increase the item's visibility on Ebay. Brilliant if you ask me.

Looks like that seller has many "collections" listed, each one has every single title spelled out. Easy hits for an Ebay store, this must be why he\she can list titles at a 30-40% markup and still sell them.

Saw this today as sort of an example of what you were talking about. It's not an auction and offers nothing to purchase. It's basically an advertisement and shout out of his past sales.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3720352833531?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=372035283353&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Saw this today as sort of an example of what you were talking about. It's not an auction and offers nothing to purchase. It's basically an advertisement and shout out of his past sales.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3720352833531?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=372035283353&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

That's mr "buy every odyssey system in existence and relist at 100x purchase price". I love how his little story acts like he's doing the world such a huge favor "repairing" these systems for Mr Baer. Yeah, humanitarian of the year here.

That's mr "buy every odyssey system in existence and relist at 100x purchase price". I love how his little story acts like he's doing the world such a huge favor "repairing" these systems for Mr Baer. Yeah, humanitarian of the year here.

He legitimately knows Ralph, that guy's name is Rich Sanford, he is in FL. He was good friends with Ralph. His wife died last year. He is very old now and barely gets around. He has a former NASA engineer friend that he pays to repair all of the O1 systems he buys all of the time on Ebay. (I know this sounds crazy but this is 100% true.) A lot of that stuff will disappear soon, last I heard his son\daughter were going to inherit the stuff. Who knows where the product will end up. Overseas buyers go to his home to cherrypick stuff. I 100% believe him when he says he is trying to get as many working as he can (ie., for Ralph), I don't think it is for sales, I think it is more for his memory etc.

How it goes though, we'll all be dead soon and all of our stuff will end up with the next collector.

I talked to him on the phone a few times finishing my O1 set.

He legitimately knows Ralph, that guy's name is Rich Sanford, he is in FL. He was good friends with Ralph. His wife died last year. He is very old now and barely gets around. He has a former NASA engineer friend that he pays to repair all of the O1 systems he buys all of the time on Ebay. (I know this sounds crazy but this is 100% true.) A lot of that stuff will disappear soon, last I heard his son\daughter were going to inherit the stuff. Who knows where the product will end up. Overseas buyers go to his home to cherrypick stuff. I 100% believe him when he says he is trying to get as many working as he can (ie., for Ralph), I don't think it is for sales, I think it is more for his memory etc.

How it goes though, we'll all be dead soon and all of our stuff will end up with the next collector.

I talked to him on the phone a few times finishing my O1 set.

That may all be true. I have no reason to doubt you. All I know is that he's the primary reason I was never able to pick one of these systems up after battling him time and time again on eBay I gave up. For that reason alone (selfish though it may be) I'll never be fond of the guy.

Actually, now that you mention it... I've never seen a cart label for that. Did s/he make their own?

If you're going to overcharge 2x Intellivisions with games at the tune of $800, at least take more than 2 measly photos, dust off the boxes, and try not to make it look like a pile of garbage left in the basement. Ugh.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1526981456261?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=152698145626&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

It's been listed, and discussed in the thread, before. I think it was listed for $650 and maybe $500. Must be worth more now since it's even more vintage :)

Feedback is pretty suspect for this seller on top of everything else. Multiple comments for high shipping costs and/or poor packaging.

It's been listed, and discussed in the thread, before. I think it was listed for $650 and maybe $500. Must be worth more now since it's even more vintage :)

Feedback is pretty suspect for this seller on top of everything else. Multiple comments for high shipping costs and/or poor packaging.

Doh! I must overlooked the prior postings since I'd have remembered it those images.

Anyways, the $800 is a price lowering since it was $900 before today. Oy!