IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I wanted to keep it "secret", but I am actually out of this, so have fun: http://www.ebay.de/itm/intellivision-carnival-game/253183950645?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649

But there is no instruction booklet (I asked the seller), so dont get completely nuts.

Is that the Australian clamshell?

So what's the story with the Intellivision repair slip in this lot (11th photo)? It's dated 1993. I thought Intellivision Corporation went under 2 years earlier in 1991. Thoughts?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2531877669531?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=253187766953&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The bankruptcy wrapped up at the end of '95 (or at least that's when the case closed). Dunno when they stopped honoring warranties and stuff, though.

• Like 1

I'm sure others already knew about these, but I never knew the Intellivoice games had Italian language manual variants. Neat.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2226704962671?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=222670496267&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

http://atariage.com/forums/gallery/image/16168-intellivoice-with-italian-manual/

AFAIK, only Space Spartans and B-17 Bombers had the Italian "treatment". Never seen a copy of an Italian manual of Bomb Squad in 16 years

$300us or $388 in Australian money is a lot to pay for what is likely a 4Tris or Space Patrol.

What are these games currently worth?

Whatever it is it should be in mint condition.

if the box has a copy of 4-Tris, LTO edition, it's surely a good deal, not a bargain, though. But I haven't seen copies for sale recently, so I might be wrong.

If it has a copy of Space Patrol, the buyer is going to overpay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellivision-Space-Patrol-New-In-Box-NIB-Left-Turn-Only-/371956806069?hash=item569a5a71b5:g:jFQAAOSw5cRZIIW3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Home-Brew-Intellivision-Space-Patrol-/142434557822?hash=item2129c2df7e:g:FPIAAOSw8GtZWrqa

but with that extra money we may always say that the he's paying for the excitement of gambling

• Like 1

if the box has a copy of 4-Tris, LTO edition, it's surely a good deal, not a bargain, though. But I haven't seen copies for sale recently, so I might be wrong.

If it has a copy of Space Patrol, the buyer is going to overpay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellivision-Space-Patrol-New-In-Box-NIB-Left-Turn-Only-/371956806069?hash=item569a5a71b5:g:jFQAAOSw5cRZIIW3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Home-Brew-Intellivision-Space-Patrol-/142434557822?hash=item2129c2df7e:g:FPIAAOSw8GtZWrqa

but with that extra money we may always say that the he's paying for the excitement of gambling

Deflecting and giving excuses why this was or may of been great to bid on.

Still the question is, is there anything worth anything in that box? and even if the buyer says there was , could you believe them or its just a fool that fell for this gimmick of an action... its still was (if only my opinion) a precedent that has been sent to sellers that there are always fools that would bid on auctions like this....

Let the flood of these action begin.. ;)

Deflecting and giving excuses why this was or may of been great to bid on.

Still the question is, is there anything worth anything in that box? and even if the buyer says there was , could you believe them or its just a fool that fell for this gimmick of an action... its still was (if only my opinion) a precedent that has been sent to sellers that there are always fools that would bid on auctions like this....

Let the flood of these action begin.. ;)

first of all, I'm not the "winner" (or the "loser"...) of that auction. That said, I think that a high percentage of the final price was affected by the excitement of gambling. Even if the box contains an LTO video game (date - March 2008 - and weight - 9oz - are quite strong clues that it does, actually) I tried to explain it couldn't have been a great deal.

btw, I checked my mail box: the Space Patrol copies were shipped to the buyers in March 2008; the LTO 4-Tris boxes have been finished and shipped in the end of April. That means that 4-Tris was released later. The shipping date of my copy (June 20, 2008) confirms it, actually. If the box of the auction contains a video game, I'm pretty sure it's not an LTO 4-Tris.

first of all, I'm not the "winner" (or the "loser"...) of that auction. That said, I think that a high percentage of the final price was affected by the excitement of gambling. Even if the box contains an LTO video game (date - March 2008 - and weight - 9oz - are quite strong clues that it does, actually) I tried to explain it couldn't have been a great deal.

btw, I checked my mail box: Space Patrol copies were shipped in March 2008; the LTO 4-Tris boxes have been finished and shipped in the end of April. That means that 4-Tris was released later. The shipping date of my copy (June 20, 2008) confirms it, actually. If the box of the auction contains a video game, I'm pretty sure it's not an LTO 4-Tris.

That's was not my point , just look how much research and guessing you have done to Guess what's in that box...

Just open the box and let people bid what is in the box... and should we as a community really support this kind of auctions with reasons why it was right to bid on.. That's my point... do fools ever learn.. ;)

Wait until the next ones that come out with this kind of gimmick .

That's was not my point , just look how much research and guessing you have done to Guess what's in that box...

Just open the box and let people bid what is in the box... and should we as a community really support this kind of auctions with reasons why it was right to bid on.. That's my point... do fools ever learn.. ;)

Wait until the next ones that come out with this kind of gimmick .

I agree with you. I did not like the gimmick and do not support this kind of auctions. I don't wanna be misunderstood.
Usually only facts and numbers are persuasive: and I reported some facts and numbers. Anyway, believe me, it took me less than one minute to find the old mails about Space Patrol and 4-Tris: thanks to Mr. Gates and to the Search button
  • Like 2