IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

We've already flogged that horse to death. Even Canadian sellers get stupid on this.

I don't understand the price on this one - someone enlighten me. Is Routlette CIB rare?

This version of the French/Canadian version is not truly rare but is hard to find. I have the other 2 French versions but am not willing to pay that much for #3.

post-36757-0-18018600-1515638617_thumb.jpg

post-36757-0-36552600-1515638619_thumb.jpg

post-36757-0-13963700-1515638621_thumb.jpg

post-36757-0-73761700-1515638623_thumb.jpg

The next 2 pics are what is inside the slip cover so they are not really French.

post-36757-0-59029300-1515638625_thumb.jpg

post-36757-0-14331700-1515638627_thumb.jpg

Edited by Humblejack
  • Like 2

I was at the post office today, sent two boxes both to USA

The first contained 4 intv games going to California, cost me $19, the second much bigger with 14 games going to Illinois was only $31, surprising low considering it was over 3 times the size and weight of the first one.

If distance affects the price, that would help you, since Illinois is much closer to you than California.

i have a Q which some certainly can help me.

i noticed a offer of a ECS extension on e-bay, it's from a german seller.

https://www.ebay.ch/itm/INTELLIVISION-Computer-Module-Computer-Erweiterung-NEU-NEW-ohne-OVP-/253245348317?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

("new" is certainly the wrong description)

€145 equal almost to $145

i think it's quite a good price, but what do you think?

Since i loved to get this already back in 1985 (or so) and i even asked the general importer (in Geneva) if they would sell me what they have still in store, only to get the answer that they don't sell to privates.

idiots, i ordered then the games directly from HK, 1/3 of the price, not my fault, seems they haven't mind who you are as long as you pay. i ran back then to every retailer but intellivision games was rarer in switzerland as they are now, usually you found everywhere the same games, soccer and astrosmash, maybe lock 'n' chase or burgertime. it is imho not a good idea only to bet on the best sellers, choices of gamers are and was always different. i.e. i always would have liked AD&D but it was nowhere to find, not even in the shedule of the importer i contacted, or they was "sold out", most was licensed games, like all coleco and parker games of which i ordered back then, Tutankham, Donkey Kong (which was obviousely a mistake) Venture, more? i can't remember it's to long ago.

however, i just like to know if it's a good investment.

in general prices raised here in europe, i'm surprised, two or three years ago you could have baught complete collections on e-bay from either swiss or german sellers.

now these offers vanished and you find the stuff seperately for a quite higher price from retailers who specialized on vintage games.

even unboxed cartridges for a price almost as if they would be new.

but €145 seems to me quite a good offer (as far as it still works, one can never know).

i have a Q which some certainly can help me.

i noticed a offer of a ECS extension on e-bay, it's from a german seller.

https://www.ebay.ch/itm/INTELLIVISION-Computer-Module-Computer-Erweiterung-NEU-NEW-ohne-OVP-/253245348317?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

("new" is certainly the wrong description)

€145 equal almost to $145

i think it's quite a good price, but what do you think?

Since i loved to get this already back in 1985 (or so) and i even asked the general importer (in Geneva) if they would sell me what they have still in store, only to get the answer that they don't sell to privates.

idiots, i ordered then the games directly from HK, 1/3 of the price, not my fault, seems they haven't mind who you are as long as you pay. i ran back then to every retailer but intellivision games was rarer in switzerland as they are now, usually you found everywhere the same games, soccer and astrosmash, maybe lock 'n' chase or burgertime. it is imho not a good idea only to bet on the best sellers, choices of gamers are and was always different. i.e. i always would have liked AD&D but it was nowhere to find, not even in the shedule of the importer i contacted, or they was "sold out", most was licensed games, like all coleco and parker games of which i ordered back then, Tutankham, Donkey Kong (which was obviousely a mistake) Venture, more? i can't remember it's to long ago.

however, i just like to know if it's a good investment.

in general prices raised here in europe, i'm surprised, two or three years ago you could have baught complete collections on e-bay from either swiss or german sellers.

now these offers vanished and you find the stuff seperately for a quite higher price from retailers who specialized on vintage games.

even unboxed cartridges for a price almost as if they would be new.

but €145 seems to me quite a good offer (as far as it still works, one can never know).

Hello,

145 euros is around $185 so, if the item is loose, I think it"s too much. You can pay for a CIB one for this price. I think I have an extra CIB if you want but to ship in US is expensive.

If you are looking for games, you can ask here, there are some collectors with extras. If you have some stuff to trade, it"s fine too :)

Cheers,

I for one like to trade games. The postage both directions is sometime high so it has to be a fair and equal trade on both sides. A fair trade is one where both sides feel they got a good deal and really wanted what item they got. I have lots of common to semi rare games and items to trade. PM me if you are interested in trading.

thanks.

in games i'm recently not that interested (anymore, LTO Flash replaces them well for me) since i don't collect, i only like to play, and do like to play what i could only dream of in my youth.

but an ECS or Intellivoice is of interest for sure.

such a difference in exchange?

SFr. to $ is almost equal (now), strangewisely € to SFr. as well, yes the € is a little higher but the difference to $ seems to high for me.

money, that's something i have no idea about ;) only that i know that if you make 2 from 1 - 1 worthes afterwards 1/2.

scalpel,

i will PM you next weekend for the ECS and we will see how high the shipping costs will be, CIB it don't have to be, but one thing for sure; i trust one of you certainly more as someone on e-bay.

remember the buddy who ordered a Intellivision one on e-bay and he received it with a broken controller (and whatever might be damaged else inside).?

to ask someone here which you will meet again is certainly cleverer.

i ordered my Intellivision I a couple of years ago from even from e-bay (resp. a similar place in switzerland), i really was nervous until i received it and could make myself a picture of the condition it was in, it was fortunately in a excellent condition, but you can't foresee this.

in a very good shape i have to say, i opened it last week and was surprised that it looked even inside like new, no burned dust as usual after years of use.

this guy must have used it very little.

it was CIB (inclusive the original plastic bag and styro shells), more i even received all the shedules from back then and some personal notes to the games of him.

i was really freakin' out, it is in a far better condition as i handled mine when i was young (i owned three of them, one broke because "i have no idea", the second i smashed on the wall because i played "bump 'n' jump" for more then 30 hours (without pause), which have cost me the last nerve, the third was disassembled by my father because he thought i won't need it anymore (i still hold the chips of the disassembled model).

to the disassembling i have to say it was not my fathers fault.

in this time around the age of 20 i went crazy, i became a religious extremist (no bombs, but extreme is extreme) and throwed away all of my stuff i had, vinyls, electronic everything was "devils work".

this has last only for two years (while i can tell you to get completly rid of the brainwashing it needs 20 years).

however that was when pops thought i won't need it anymore.

it had also a broken controller, but since i fixed one in the past i thought "one bright day i will fix it" that was before my interests changed in this radical way.

have a good laugh, some know it already from my earlier visits here, Gernot is the one who smashed his Inty on the wall.

damned, what do you think how frustrated i was afterwards?

in the same week i went everywhere just to get me a new one, i found one (used demonstration) model resting in a retailers storage and could buy it with a lot of games as bundle.

that was also how i obtained the demo cartridge i had, unfortunately the cartridges have all gone lost over the years, marriage, divorce etc.

see that is why i was so happy when i bought me one in winter 2014/2015.

If I get $70 for it that will be fine considering how much I have invested into it. The box is in great shape but I found an original empty box that was near mint, like 98/100, for a good price. Couldn't pass up the chance to upgrade such a rare title. Even if I simply break even it will be a big plus for my collection.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Wish I had the money to bid on that Mountain Madness you're selling, that box sure is really pristine.

I will have other CIB games for sale soon that are not as rare as Mountain Madness:

World Series Major League Baseball (ECS)

Thunder Castle

Worm Whomper

Super Pro Decathlon

Sears Checkers

Dig Dug (repro box)

Triple Challenge (repro box)

• Like 1