IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Yeah just make any intellivision item in very limited quantity and it is instantly worth it's weight in gold. Can't say I'm a fan at all of this logic :roll:

I don't disagree with you but the open market set the price for this. There were 30 of the LNC 8K carts made and they took months to sell. The last 5 only moved off the shelf when the homemade box showed up. People seem to place a high amount of value on finishing items for whatever reason. I thought the BLIX box with the manual and overlays would go for more and it got about $70 less. Puzzling stuff.

• Like 1

1st off my comment was in no way a jab at you. Your boxes are awesome and it's hard to make custom stuff by hand in quantity. I know your pain as I did it with rca s2 specialty items myself.

As for the lnc 8k carts though. I would have happily bought 1 as I am sure others would have as well had I had any idea they existed until they were already declared a rarity.

I don't think they were ever advertised by naberhood or in revs newsletter and I never saw a thread here about them unless I missed it....oh well.

My comment is only that...a comment....my thought. I just hope people havent and don't try and use this to their advantage as in the end it will turn people off to the whole fun scene that's developed here. :)

• Like 3

1st off my comment was in no way a jab at you. Your boxes are awesome and it's hard to make custom stuff by hand in quantity. I know your pain as I did it with rca s2 specialty items myself.

As for the lnc 8k carts though. I would have happily bought 1 as I am sure others would have as well had I had any idea they existed until they were already declared a rarity.

I don't think they were ever advertised by naberhood or in revs newsletter and I never saw a thread here about them unless I missed it....oh well.

My comment is only that...a comment....my thought. I just hope people havent and don't try and use this to their advantage as in the end it will turn people off to the whole fun scene that's developed here. :)

No worries friend. I had no issue with your observation. I was just adding on to your take on the subject with how the value of things seems to move oddly at times.

I share your concern that someone could use that kind of scarcity to generate big sales but we also have to keep in mind that the original makers of these items don't get to reap the benefits of rare offerings. It's only after enough people realize they've missed out on something that the value spikes so the people making the initial sale do not get anything extra up front. It's the re-sellers and speculators that reap the benefits of scarcity so it doesn't behoove a publisher/creator to try and rig the rarity of their items at the start.

In SoulBuster's case, it looked like 30-ish was actually too great a number for the market and that he would be stuck with merch he couldn't unload. It wasn't till someone came along completely unsolicited with a way that could finally move the last of his stock that he stumbled on to a spike in value for his items. But most of them were already sold for the original $30-ish so he himself did not see a huge benefit sales-wise as his customers who sold their copies later did. That's just life in the collecting world.

• Like 1

It's the re-sellers and speculators that reap the benefits of scarcity...

I feel the need to add something here: I have no issue with people who re-sell anything and I include speculators in that as well. If you put your hard earned money out there for something and decide to unload it later, for whatever reason, that's your business and no one has the right to give you crap for it. Also, if you have the means and skill required to buy low and sell high for either adding to your own collection or just sheer profit, I say good for you. I do re-sell from time to time but mostly from picking up extras in lots or after buying a condition upgrade so I'm not about to hate when other people do this. I do not speculate buy at all as I only get one of each offering that I can as I have no desire to sit on extras for a year or so to cash out on them later. At the same time, I see no problem with this practice either. If that works for you and making your ends meet, so be it. I may not like the concept of it as a simple collector who is sometimes in competition with speculators for items, but that's simply capitalism in action.

Just wanted to make it clear to everyone who practices either of these selling tactics that I intended no malice in mentioning them in my post above.

I on the other hand have no respect for chronic resellers and speculators.

I have seen it 1st hand ruin hobbies and I think it's slimey. Sure it's legal but lots of shitty things are.

I don't think capitalism is intrinsicly good hearted and I like to keep my hobbies fun and I prefer to see greed stay in all the other aspects of life where it's already so deeply rooted.

Just my opinion though.....

• Like 3

Intellivision faceplates have been listed. Steve R. changed the intellivisionlives user ID to blueskyrangers to keep it separate from the new company, but it's still coming from the same place. There's also a Mr. Basic and a boxed/signed Diner (Ray Kaestner), but I think they were just listed because they're not coming up for me yet.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302819391038

Edited by colormesticky
  • Like 1

This won't last long:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2830774392131?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=283077439213&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Edit: Ok, it might. I'm still getting used to eBay's new "make offer" auctions by mistaking them for BINs.

Yeah I left that turned on by accident. Stupid eBay always changing crap! :mad:

It's now just a week long auction so we'll all see what the market is for one of these :thumbsup:

01.jpg

In the meantime, if anyone wants to make me an offer for this before I eBay it next week...

IMG_20180723_004119.jpg

I figure if the last one on the bay got $70+ with a damaged box then it must be time to let this beauty go.