IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I wonder why ECS Super NFL Football and Super NASL soccer didn't make it on the Rocks collection. The three Hanna Barbara ECS titles were license issues I expect.

Super NFL would require licensing from the national football league. I suppose they could hack NFL out of the rom file. Nasl soccer and super nasl were both on the Lives CD. World Cup Soccer would require licensing from whoever owns the Nice Ideas code rights. Edited by mr_me

That's rediculous. I can't think of any collector that would have interest in that overpriced cash grab. Especially considering the abundance of cheap mint quality sealed Astrosmash games floating about...

Super NFL would require licensing from the national football league. I suppose they could hack NFL out of the rom file. Nasl soccer and super nasl were both on the Lives CD. World Cup Soccer would require licensing from whoever owns the Nice Ideas code rights.

For Super NFL, I suspect they could do like they did with the AD&D titles where they used a prototype and changed the name or like when Atari did the same with various titles like Chuck Norris Super-Kicks, especially since Super NFL was still only a prototype. Since Super NASL Soccer for ECS was completed but not released (so I suspect it is like the AD&D prototypes as far as licensing) and the ECS may have been optional, I'm not sure how Super Soccer and World Cup Soccer compare in content to the ECS Super NASL Soccer or, like baseball, I believe, did it even really need the ECS, except to start it. Still new to the Inty, so the multiplicity of released and unreleased, standard and ECS titles for the same sport gets I little confusing.

Super Soccer, Super NASL Soccer, Soccer II, World Cup Soccer are all the same game. It was still in development at the French office when Mattel Electronics closed. It's rights transferred to Nice Ideas in 1984 along with all the other projects still in development at that office e.g. illusions, scarfinger.

Super Soccer, Super NASL Soccer, Soccer II, World Cup Soccer are all the same game. It was still in development at the French office when Mattel Electronics closed. It's rights transferred to Nice Ideas in 1984 along with all the other projects still in development at that office e.g. illusions, scarfinger.

Okay, thanks!

For Super NFL, I suspect they could do like they did with the AD&D titles where they used a prototype and changed the name or like when Atari did the same with various titles like Chuck Norris Super-Kicks, especially since Super NFL was still only a prototype. Since Super NASL Soccer for ECS was completed but not released (so I suspect it is like the AD&D prototypes as far as licensing) and the ECS may have been optional, I'm not sure how Super Soccer and World Cup Soccer compare in content to the ECS Super NASL Soccer or, like baseball, I believe, did it even really need the ECS, except to start it. Still new to the Inty, so the multiplicity of released and unreleased, standard and ECS titles for the same sport gets I little confusing.

btw. if you have 3 friends, an ECS and a extra pair of Intellivision controllers, you can play World Cup Soccer with 4 players.

btw. if you have 3 friends, an ECS and a extra pair of Intellivision controllers, you can play World Cup Soccer with 4 players.

I have the first and the third, currently. Waiting for a good deal on an ECS with a couple ECS games to come along. I remember, now, reading somewhere about WCS that Nice Ideas kept the ability to use the ECS for 4-players from Super NASL Soccer, but removed the ECS requirement.

I have the first and the third, currently. Waiting for a good deal on an ECS with a couple ECS games to come along. I remember, now, reading somewhere about WCS that Nice Ideas kept the ability to use the ECS for 4-players from Super NASL Soccer, but removed the ECS requirement.

Correct. WCS works just fine without ECS. And the only functionality ECS adds is four-player support.

Well, for only 24 easy payments of $34/mo., you can finally have game 124 or 125 (seems a lot of folks are stuck at 123 for this reason):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Learning-Fun-II-by-INTV-for-Intellivision-NTSC-Very-Rare/153284294898?hash=item23b074b8f2:g:wtsAAOSwQZdcAWu9:rk:2:pf:0&autorefresh=true

Not my auction. Thought I'd better mention this before getting price flamed. :)

Well, for only 24 easy payments of $34/mo., you can finally have game 124 or 125 (seems a lot of folks are stuck at 123 for this reason):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Learning-Fun-II-by-INTV-for-Intellivision-NTSC-Very-Rare/153284294898?hash=item23b074b8f2:g:wtsAAOSwQZdcAWu9:rk:2:pf:0&autorefresh=true

Not my auction. Thought I'd better mention this before getting price flamed. :)

Yea,that is 1 of 3 expensive reasons to not be at 125!

Pretty sure it's an INTV 1988 motherboard.

Given the variety of components actually found on the ones that have been documented, it's kind of a "box of chocolates" thing. There are at least three or four sub-variations of the board itself, though I can't say that any of the differences (aside from chips obviously) result in substantial functional differences -- jumpers notwithstanding.

Anyone here pick up this system? Curious to see how it behaves. ;)

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3725893318181?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=372589331818&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

From my understanding, the INTV III and Super Pro System have the basically complete compatibility of the first gen intellivision, but are more reliable, at least that is what it says on the INTV III box - which I hope means less prone to over-heating and BSOD. I have an Inty1, Sears SVA and Super Pro System. Although, first, the Reset button does not work on the Super Pro System. My Sears unit is the only one with a decent working reset button, although it is currently a bit crash-prone and I am trying to repair it. Second, the SPS has the worst picture. It's not bad, but it has the faint strobing lines on the CRT while the other two do not. I don't know if this can be generalized or not.

BTW,I know the Tutorvision board would be a great collector's item, but I wonder if it has any compatibility or reliability shortcoming vs the INTV III/Super Pro System, as the Tutorvision boards were likely prototype boards.

Also, regarding the ad, the guy never says whether this one works or not, just that it turns on.

There's only a couple of known incompatibilities, which is addressed through an on board jumper. Not sure if anyone has tested the jumper.

Why would an intv intellivision be more reliable than a mattel/sears/tandy intellivision; except that it might have been less used.

I see this one has the controllers with the extra plastic sticking out the end. Can anyone read the serial number.

Edited by mr_me

The Super Pro / INTV System III systems are a grab bag. Some have old Mattel motherboards, some have newly made ones, then there are the INTV 1987 and INTV 1988 boards. It's the INTV 1988 boards that have the most interesting possibilities, since they have the new STIC chip in them.

We have found that a great many IntyBASIC games will not work on the TutorVision systems. This has been addressed in the latest IntyBASIC release - but most games written in IntyBASIC and released on cartridge will hang before displaying a title screen. IIRC the common issue is in the NTSC vs. PAL detection code. I can't seem to locate that thread at the moment.

Also, at least some of the StudioVision emulator ROMs have issues. decle​ has been kind enough to put in some spare cycles when he's not reviving Keyboard Components and reverse engineering the PlayCable to get these fully working to the point where the titles can take full advantage of the extra GRAM. That's still in progress - I've been a bit derelict in my testing duties on that front lately.

I'm not sure what the impact of setting the various jumpers that are available on the board will be... Has any one actually done it? I'm a bit hesitant to subject the system I have to my relatively unskilled soldering capabilities.

Of the original cartridges, Worm Whomper is the only one I know that has graphic glitches due to the extra gram in the 1988 board.

There's one jumper that disables the extra gram. I wouldn't try the others. Disabling extra gram probably doesn't fix other issues.

Edited by mr_me

Of the original cartridges, Worm Whomper is the only one I know that has graphic glitches due to the extra gram in the 1988 board.

There's one jumper that disables the extra gram. I wouldn't try the others. Disabling extra gram probably doesn't fix other issues.

Worm Whomper puts other stuff in the high bits of the gram card data field, so if you make the field wider to handle more cards, it may get an incorrect number. I discovered that when i didn't mask off those bits in my emulator until I tested Worm Whomper (probably for Intellivision Rocks)