IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I never heard of the Aquarius II either.

From poking around online, it looks like it is similar to the normal Aquarius except:

• Has mechanical keyboard
  • Shipped with 16KB RAM cartridge in-box (for a total of 20KB)
  • Has Extended BASIC

Just curious, is there documentation for what commands Extended BASIC added?

The standard basic in the original aquarius is a complete microsoft basic.  The extended basic adds some graphics commands (e.g. lines, arcs).  Remember aquarius computers has only fixed character graphics so the lines and arcs are low resolution.  It also has an improved editor.

29 minutes ago, mr_me said:

The aquarius wouldn't have addressed Mattel's obligation to upgrade the intellivision to a computer.  The ecs computer module did that but nobody saw that as a real computer.  Mattel still wanted to be in the home computer market.

The Aquarius was supposed to compete with the Vic-10 (that never came out) and slot in just above the Timex Sinclair. John Sohl and I were asked to look over the specs and we recommended the real keyboard, but they went ahead. By the time it came out, you could by the much better TI 99-4A for $49 at Toys R Us (admittedly in closeout), and the Vic-20 had dropped to the price point previously anticipated for the Vic-10.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

The standard basic in the original aquarius is a complete microsoft basic.  The extended basic adds some graphics commands (e.g. lines, arcs).  Remember aquarius computers has only fixed character graphics so the lines and arcs are low resolution.  It also has an improved editor.

I'm surprised, given the situation, Mattel didn't just slap an Aquarius module on the intellivision, like Coleco did with the Adam expansion module 3 for the Colecovision. Would have been more expensive, but would be more like a computer probably.

7 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

Neither did I. But I did know that Mattel sold the rights to Radofin, and these don't appear to have any Mattel Electronics text on them, so I assume it is something Radofin did after 1984.

They were probably only released in Europe by Radofin. http://www.vdsteenoven.com/aquarius/aquarius2.html

9 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

Neither did I. But I did know that Mattel sold the rights to Radofin, and these don't appear to have any Mattel Electronics text on them, so I assume it is something Radofin did after 1984.

My understanding is Mattel paid Radofin to get out of their agreement.

On 9/12/2019 at 4:48 PM, intellivotion said:

You logged on (I see that in the upper right corner), ebay.com knows that you don't live in the US and doesn't show you the items which are shipped to US only. Even though you log out the cookies will let ebay.com recognize you. Try again in incognito mode: thar way the cookies won't work and ebay won't recognize you 

Sorry for the delay in replying, I didn't want to sound rude, but I could only see your post now. Thanks for the support.?