IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

8 hours ago, poconojo said:

Are these all extras from your collection?

Yes. I have amassed quite the extras stack over the years so I'm liquidating everything I have that is a duplicate. Last year I sold a complete system with over 100 games to kickoff the purge. Since I do not hunt variants, I will soon be down to just my complete first-run 125 set and homebrews. Clearing out space for more homebrew hunting and the upcoming Amico collection.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, the1hatman said:

Yes. I have amassed quite the extras stack over the years so I'm liquidating everything I have that is a duplicate. Last year I sold a complete system with over 100 games to kickoff the purge. Since I do not hunt variants, I will soon be down to just my complete first-run 125 set and homebrews. Clearing out space for more homebrew hunting and the upcoming Amico collection.

Thats cool. I didn't mean to ask a nosey question. I just saw that you have the platinum collection listed. If I would have continued collecting in the 90s, I would of had the 125. I sold everything in early 2000. Now I have regrets.

• Like 1

That spiker box is the last piece i need to finish the 125 cib.....i came so close to pulling the trigger on it....$850 is still alot for that 1 box though :( espespicially with already having a beautiful repro box and a bsr copy cib.....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, stupus said:

That spiker box is the last piece i need to finish the 125 cib.....i came so close to pulling the trigger on it....$850 is still alot for that 1 box though :( espespicially with already having a beautiful repro box and a bsr copy cib.....

I feel your pain on that. But you can recoup a good chunk of that cost if you sell your repro box copy that you no longer need once you have an original CIB.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, stupus said:

If you are happy with what you have,that is all that really matters! ?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, poconojo said:

I am envious of people's Intellivision collections. I wish I would have kept all my games. I am starting to collect again to reach the 125. It will be a long time for me to get there.

If I had some doubles I would love to help you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfy62 said:

If you are happy with what you have,that is all that really matters! ?

1 hour ago, poconojo said:

Would you be happy with not getting that final piece to your collection? 

Lol, well honestly i am really happy with my repro box...and the bsr copy is a nice edition too......but.....the evil little ocd collector in me keeps whispering in my ear.....you NEED a real spiker box :rolling:

So i dont know.....i know they have found ones in the venzuela hoard so i am banking on them getting down a little closer to my comfort zone sooner or later.

It and the colecovision are my favorite systems and i finished colecovision cib and it is much much harder to do.....so i think i kind of owe it to intellivision to finish it too! Lol Good logic, right?

And hatman is right i can recoup some on the loose copy with manual and repro box resale :)

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, stupus said:

Lol, well honestly i am really happy with my repro box...and the bsr copy is a nice edition too......but.....the evil little ocd collector in me keeps whispering in my ear.....you NEED a real spiker box :rolling:

So i dont know.....i know they have found ones in the venzuela hoard so i am banking on them getting down a little closer to my comfort zone sooner or later.

It and the colecovision are my favorite systems and i finished colecovision cib and it is much much harder to do.....so i think i kind of owe it to intellivision to finish it too! Lol Good logic, right?

And hatman is right i can recoup some on the loose copy with manual and repro box resale :)

I am glad you are happy with the repro box, but deep down you really wanted that original Spiker!? I thought about pulling the trigger on that deal too, and I don't have much of a collection anymore. I am starting to collect again though. I know how you feel when you want an item that you collect for, and it is out of reach. It is hard to justify spending that kind of money for a game for me anyway.

• Like 1

Thanks, well i have every real cart and real manual. And every real box but spiker.

So its even more frustrating that it would be spending $800+ for just a cardboard box....that would look worse than my repro one as well lol

But i have collected intellivision continuously for 37 years now....so it would be kind of a let down to not finish it eventually too. But so far there has always been more interesting and more rare things even to spend that money on though.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, stupus said:

Thanks, well i have every real cart and real manual. And every real box but spiker.

So its even more frustrating that it would be spending $800+ for just a cardboard box....that would look worse than my repro one as well lol

But i have collected intellivision continuously for 37 years now....so it would be kind of a let down to not finish it eventually too. But so far there has always been more interesting and more rare things even to spend that money on though.

Don't think of it as $800+, but rather just the difference between the CIB version and what you'll be able to sell your cart + manual + repro box for. ? In those terms it's really not too much at all. ???

• Like 3