IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

If I ever justify spending $800 on Spiker (unlikely), my reasoning would be that if I've already spent XXXX on 124, then XXXX + $800 is negligibly more.

Same for homebrews.  Say you're missing 4-Tris, but you bought the other ~100 homebrews at an average of $60 ea.  $6k without it or $6.5k complete.  That said, if you're missing the top 5-10 heavy hitters and got the rest at original pricing, you might have to double your investment just going from 90-100.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, poconojo said:

I am envious of people's Intellivision collections. I wish I would have kept all my games. I am starting to collect again to reach the 125. It will be a long time for me to get there.

I am close but most of my carts are loose.   I do have about 60 boxes(will have to count them) but they are nowhere near mint.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

If I ever justify spending $800 on Spiker (unlikely), my reasoning would be that if I've already spent XXXX on 124, then XXXX + $800 is negligibly more.

Clearly then the solution is to sell your current collection for dirt cheap and rebuild it for a high enough price to make the $800 negligible.  ;-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, rietveld said:

I am close but most of my carts are loose.   I do have about 60 boxes(will have to count them) but they are nowhere near mint.  

Yep, I'm at 74 boxed copies, 31 more loose. 18 games I don't have cartridges for, but own legal ROM copies of (Intellivision Lives/Rocks/Flashback.) Only 2 original-era games I don't own any copy of. (Super Cobra and Tutankham, semi-understandably.)

I have 9 more modern releases on cart (all but one boxed,) plus an LTO Flash and an Intellicart. A total of 169 games owned either on cart or ROM. (Including modern releases that were made free ROMs, including 'light' releases of also-available-full-on-cart games like DK Arcade.)

• Like 2

On 3/16/2020 at 1:40 AM, the1hatman said:

Don't Panic.

Wash your hands.

Avoid large groups.

Stay inside.

BUY MEAGER WARES ONLINE!!!!

ABPA Backgammon FCTVVO

Only you can prevent COVID-19!**

**by staying inside and playing video games alone

.....  I wanted to say this

PLEASE ...respect these rules, they are precious indications for all of us.

PREVENT COVID 19

Edited by MauAnouk2012
  • Like 1

Some long term collector is selling off a lot of his collection!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/fushekhome/m.html?item=223950442387&hash=item34247c8f93%3Ag%3Aw7kAAOSwgaZeclDf&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Yeah, it's me and this is my shameless plug.  Going to liquidate a lot of the stuff that I just don't play any more and help pay for my kids' college education.

I'll be adding more as time permits ... 

• Like 3

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/TRS-80-COLOR-COMPUTER-APPLIANCE-LIGHT-CONTROLLER-26-3142-RADIO-SHACK-TANDY/133303686586?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3Da7d1db07352f486da359d35660edbdc3%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dpf%26sd%3D274303988913%26itm%3D133303686586%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DSimplAMLv5PairwiseWeb&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

this is the RadioShack X10 controller that was initially designed for the AQUARIUS COMPUTER.   The price seems good and will work with the Aquarius with a simple rewire of the cable .  it works with the x10 software on the Aquacart

Here is a video I made of my RS x10 module with the aquarius 

1 hour ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

This craziness

I might need to visit a doctor.  Between the neck twisting double take and the subsequent eye rolling, I might have pulled a muscle.

I may consider buying it as he has a 1280 feedback but... the scotch tape on the back makes me a little weary. BTW, I have several of the old plastic cases in case anyone would like to make their own graded games. I too would think right out of the case would grade as 100 not 85.

Edited by Humblejack

I don't get this whole "grading" thing?  Surely new sealed games right out of their 6-pack shipping box, unless they are crushed or squashed inside shrinkwrap, are automatically 100%, no?

Who is paying these prices because someone stuck it inside a hard plastic case?  Can anyone explain this scam? (at least it looks like a scam to me)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Steve Jones said:

I don't get this whole "grading" thing?  Surely new sealed games right out of their 6-pack shipping box, unless they are crushed or squashed inside shrinkwrap, are automatically 100%, no?

Who is paying these prices because someone stuck it inside a hard plastic case?  Can anyone explain this scam? (at least it looks like a scam to me)

Agreed.  Why buy "graded" games when you can buy sealed or, as you mentioned, the original games in a 6-pack shipping box?  I feel like the eBay seller is just trying to prey on the novice collectors.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Graded NES games are skyrocketing right now, though ironically it's the common ones (Punch Out, Mario Bros,  Zelda).  It's the super rich super collectors that want the best of the best and believe that graded = best.  I passed on a sealed $20 Frogger at PRGE a few years back ?‍♂️

I must be a sucker for punishment. I could't resist this $20 Frogger at PRGE last Oct.  I'm still trying to figure out how the sales receipt got shrinkwrapped with the game.

Frogger Sales Slip SW 1.JPG

• Haha 5

On 3/18/2020 at 4:46 PM, Fushek said:

Some long term collector is selling off a lot of his collection!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/fushekhome/m.html?item=223950442387&hash=item34247c8f93%3Ag%3Aw7kAAOSwgaZeclDf&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Yeah, it's me and this is my shameless plug.  Going to liquidate a lot of the stuff that I just don't play any more and help pay for my kids' college education.

I'll be adding more as time permits ... 

I feel your college pain.  I had to pay for our oldest sons university (6 years because he changed majors mid flight)

I am lucky with my youngest son . He will be starting university in August on a full ride football scholarship (6foot 5 , 310 lb OT); I guess its a good thing he didnt waste time playing video games like I did ;)

2 hours ago, rietveld said:

I feel your college pain.  I had to pay for our oldest sons university (6 years because he changed majors mid flight)

I am lucky with my youngest son . He will be starting university in August on a full ride football scholarship (6foot 5 , 310 lb OT); I guess its a good thing he didnt waste time playing video games like I did ;)

Yeah, we've begun that odyssey. Oldest just started graduate school out of state last fall. Fortunately, it involves being a TA and full reimbursement - totally self-sufficient now!

Second is more than halfway through. Both have done well with academic scholarships.

Third starts this fall, but we'll be needing to likely carry more of the burden. Two more after that...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Humblejack said:

I must be a sucker for punishment. I could't resist this $20 Frogger at PRGE last Oct.  I'm still trying to figure out how the sales receipt got shrinkwrapped with the game.

Frogger Sales Slip SW 1.JPG

Because it was shrink-wrapped after the fact.

7 hours ago, intvsteve said:

Yeah, we've begun that odyssey. Oldest just started graduate school out of state last fall. Fortunately, it involves being a TA and full reimbursement - totally self-sufficient now!

Second is more than halfway through. Both have done well with academic scholarships.

Third starts this fall, but we'll be needing to likely carry more of the burden. Two more after that...

At times like this I guess I'm a little bit glad we only have one. ?

On 3/20/2020 at 12:38 PM, rietveld said:

I only have two but they're both 1 year apart ... so this year the oldest starts and next year I'll have 2 for the next 3 years.  Ugh.

They're both smart kids and will both be getting some scholarships but dang ... this is a chunk of money.

I'd rather pay as much as I can now to help them than have the games collecting dust on my shelf.  Love seeing them up there ... but not that much :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fushek said:

I only have two but they're both 1 year apart ... so this year the oldest starts and next year I'll have 2 for the next 3 years.  Ugh.

They're both smart kids and will both be getting some scholarships but dang ... this is a chunk of money.

I'd rather pay as much as I can now to help them than have the games collecting dust on my shelf.  Love seeing them up there ... but not that much :)

I wish school was cheaper.  I dont mind paying higher taxes for health care and education.