IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

It’s just that to acquire that game CIB you had to purchase from 2 people & the total cost was close $55-$60 shipped. And also eBay takes 10% of EVERYTHING - final sale price & the shipping to.  Then you add in PayPal fees, and the remaining cost to actually ship the item, there is no money being made here.  And maybe you didn’t know but the seller is a very respected & honest member of our small community.

It’s all good ok but I just wanted to point this out to you because he’s a stand up guy.

Hope everyone is safe & healthy!!

joe

The reason I acted like I did was because I worked really hard on that game (like I do with every single one I make). And it just pains me to see my work not being enjoyed and instead resold, especially for high prices. I mean, if we could have got $75 for it, we would have charged $75 for it. 2600 Connection originally sold it for $25, so seeing it listed for $75 was a huge shock and I thought it was just an idiot reseller like schoolgirl in a short skirt or someone.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, atari2600land said:

The reason I acted like I did was because I worked really hard on that game (like I do with every single one I make). And it just pains me to see my work not being enjoyed and instead resold, especially for high prices. I mean, if we could have got $75 for it, we would have charged $75 for it. 2600 Connection originally sold it for $25, so seeing it listed for $75 was a huge shock and I thought it was just an idiot reseller like schoolgirl in a short skirt or someone.

I understand where you're coming from on this but you have to know that once you put something out in the collection community you lose control of its value. It's a free market just like everywhere else. I made boxes for a few carts that never had them by hand so I couldn't mass produce them. I thought I'd get $20 or so, or that I could trade them for some things I needed for my collection. The last two I sold on eBay went for over $150 each for auctions that I started at 99 cents. If something is no longer available, the price will spike. You need to accept that. If you really just want people to enjoy the games you program then put the rom out for free. Then the play will be enjoyed the way you'd like. But if there are hard copy editions released then understand that rarity will drive the price up and you just have to just let collectors, and yes EVEN RESELLERS, make whatever they can. It's not the end of the world and it does not reflect negatively on your game.

• Like 4

I dont think you have to accept people reselling stuff at outrageous prices. I think its a collector or programmers right to be upset at purposeful gouging, just as its the resellers right to do it.

I also dont think $75 was outrageous at all with all things considered. Plus this was a beloved idiot :) probably helping to fund more good intellivision things!

• Like 2

So. Here is two games that sold for 50 or 55 each? I really should remember prices of games I released. 

Both of these sold a pretty decent amount of copies. I still have spare copies that never sold in fact. 

Im not bothered that someone sold both for over 100.00 each, nor am I bothered that someone paid that much. It is what it is. I can’t control the secondary market. 

Ive overpayed on Intellivision items and collecting games myself. One of my largest purchases was a few years back. I paid 800.00 each for Robot Rubble and League of Light. 

72FFE2FF-09C2-4AD2-9BBA-4E96099F6EFA.jpeg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, stupus said:

I don't think you have to accept people reselling stuff at outrageous prices.

I agree that you don't have to like it but you have no choice but to accept it because it's going to happen. Again, it takes nothing away from the game and does not reflect poorly on the programmer/publisher. There's nothing they can do about it either.

I disagree, you dont have to accept it. I wont buy from gougers and I block them when i do sell extra stuff publicly. And i make friends aware of people who practice this as do friends to me.

Of course people will always resell stuff but when they do it specifically to take advantage of others i wont accept that. Just my stance on it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, the1hatman said:

The Meager Wares have returned... TREMBLE IN FEAR PEASANTS!!!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 283960066764

Oh yeah, you ever wanted an Intellivision Inc. copy of Sea Battle? Here's your chance.

I saw that and didn’t realize that it was yours. Very tough to come by that one.  I still had to talk myself out of bidding on it since I already found one.