IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Happy to know that I’ve been useful to some one (but very sorry for kamikazi).

Being an absolute beginner in the fine art of collecting intellivision I have a question: what does it mean FCTVVO?

Why it’s rare???

PS

Me too I have an incredible wife but I can’t even mention the word intellivision...

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

Got it!

For Color TV Viewing Only
Don’t be impressed by my sagacity ?...

So why would it be rare? Almost all games I have are FCTVVO...

This is a small set of the earliest titles only. This isn’t referring to the text on the bottom right, they also have the phrase printed in small text in either the top left or bottom left areas of the pictures.  This confused me as well early in my collecting.  

5 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

This is a small set of the earliest titles only. This isn’t referring to the text on the bottom right, they also have the phrase printed in small text in either the top left or bottom left areas of the pictures.  This confused me as well early in my collecting.  

The INSTEAD have the phrase printed inside the picture area. They do NOT also have it in the lower right.

GFFCTVVOtext.gif

9 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Got it!

For Color TV Viewing Only
Don’t be impressed by my sagacity ?...

So why would it be rare? Almost all games I have are FCTVVO...

Luc has a nice picture on his site of all the FCTVVO games: https://www.intellivisioncollector.com/for-color-tv-viewing-only-fctvvo-variants.html

As others have said, the FCTVVO text is above the title for most games, but at the bottom for Major League Baseball and NFL Football.

Also found this thread with some higher-resolution pictures: 

Gotta give credit where credit is due. Jasonlikesintv gave me permission to use his picture on my website. 

nice collection Jason! I’m just missing math fun to complete the CIB collection. 

I have baseball, checkers, football and basketball fctvvo all shrinkwrapped. Looking for backgammon, armor battle, math fun & poker sealed in order to complete the sealed fctvvo collection. 

Got a lead on Math fun sealed, still actively hunting for the others. If anyone has one of them for sale, please reach out to me via Private Message please. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not super rare. But not common. I only started collecting them this year and I’m almost complete. Other friends also started this year and have more than half. 

there are more rare variants than these. 

baseball and football are the easiest to get. I seen them all the time. 

3 minutes ago, Kamikazi26 said:

baseball and football are the easiest to get. I seen them all the time. 

In fact, the last time I put a Football FCTVVO up for sale, it didn't even get any bids (though it was a little rough).

On the other hand, my Poker/Blackjack NIS FCTVVO went for over $100 a couple of years ago, wreaking havoc on all the price guide listings for a while.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Bought these loose components in 2016:

IMG_20201030_175613.thumb.jpg.5df1fc1754086b9ac0df8f93d45d3fec.jpg

Missed out on an auction for a box/manual in 2018 ?

Finally acquired this box earlier this week:

IMG_20201030_175655.thumb.jpg.89a8a6b8be9ee6cb1b5212d38d0b6864.jpg

Now it's complete and can join its friend in my collection:

IMG_20201030_180239.thumb.jpg.f369681b0820c5aa94df6fa13835767b.jpg

Happiness ensues ?

I don't think that is the right sleeve for the disk, but otherwise looks good.

Closing the loop - here is the Math Fun FCTVVO:

MathFun01.thumb.jpg.cdfe28f9d59547c4a40702bb2739d419.jpgMathFun02.thumb.jpg.8e01768375d7ead979479c2db6c5695f.jpg

It's not exactly minty fresh but it will look pretty good once it's in the protective sleeve. Feels good to gamble on a tiny bit of blurry grey above the title in a single photo.

As I said, it's in Oregon and I'm in BC so I'm not sure when I will get this (and a Taiwan Poker & Blackjack, and a Mattel Pinball....) in my hot little hands.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, BigDumer said:

MathFun01.thumb.jpg.cdfe28f9d59547c4a40702bb2739d419.jpgMathFun02.thumb.jpg.8e01768375d7ead979479c2db6c5695f.jpg

It's not exactly minty fresh but it will look pretty good once it's in the protective sleeve. Feels good to gamble on a tiny bit of blurry grey above the title in a single photo.

As I said, it's in Oregon and I'm in BC so I'm not sure when I will get this (and a Taiwan Poker & Blackjack, and a Mattel Pinball....) in my hot little hands.

Congrats!

next time you come over, bring it and I’ll fix up the box for you. I’ve gotten quite good at gatefold box repairs. 

Edited by Kamikazi26
  • Like 3

On 11/7/2020 at 9:57 AM, BigDumer said:

Nice pick up. My quest for a sealed one will most likely take forever!