IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Covid most definitely screwed up the pricing on literally EVERYTHING video game related. I was thinking about shopping around for another Inty console to have as 'backup', or for parts, for a 'just in case' scenario when I experienced some strange glitchy issues the other night with my SVA. I can't believe what Inty consoles are selling for nowadays! I used to be able to get them for $30 -/+ all day, but not anymore.. Some of these people are asking $100 or more. Wtf *sigh ?

50 minutes ago, vtadave said:

So are we seeing a COVID-related bubble here? I can't even get a $20 CIB Zaxxon, much less a Jetsons.

Yes, Covid has driven up prices across the board...as well as dwindling stock.  Some of this is the holidays.  Thanksgiving break is huge for people buying up contacted games and we've essentially had this break since March.  Things should improve a little throughout the Spring, where demand tapers off.

Regarding my prices for Jetsons and SMB, those were both great deals.  Especially my sealed Jetsons, which was a very lucky Buy It Now on eBay.  A decent Sealed Jetsons typically runs $100-200+ and a decent opened copy can easily run $50-100.  It's never been a cheap game CIB.  I think I saw a mint sealed one sell for close to $400 many years ago.

Yeah, I think this is the worst period ever to start or complete a collection of Intellivision (or other brands).

But this makes the search harder (if you want to get a good ratio quality / price) and, at the end, more fun.

Referring to mind Strike, you can find minty games NIB sealed Intellivision inc here:

https://www.polyplay.xyz/Mind-Strike
at 23€ ($28), shipping included.
Dunno if they ship to USA, it’s a German shop. I bought one copy, got it fast and really in perfect shape sealed. They have also other games, some of them at a very competitive price given the perfect conditions...

I sold my almost complete collection in my 20s, because well, I wasn't at my smartest then. Drinking money and going out was more important. Kills me becuase I had what is now every difficult/expensive game to have.

Now in my 50s I've been trying to get the collection back and yeah, this is an expensive time to fire that up, but I've managed to scavenge everywhere and gotten a good jump on it.

That Stadium Mud Buggies auction is tempting.  Gotten some good deals on ebay here and there, recently getting Body Slam CIB for only $70.  Still a bunch of cash, but lower than some.

My best deals have come from Craig's List oddly enough.  And I find being nice to fellow collectors tends to pay off too.

Edited by Omnibro
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Omnibro said:

I sold my almost complete collection in my 20s, because well, I wasn't at my smartest then. Drinking money and going out was more important. Kills me becuase I had what is now every difficult/expensive game to have.

Now in my 50s I've been trying to get the collection back and yeah, this is an expensive time to fire that up, but I've managed to scavenge everywhere and gotten a good jump on it.

That Stadium Mud Buggies auction is tempting.  Gotten some good deals on ebay here and there, recently getting Body Slam CIB for only $70.  Still a bunch of cash, but lower than some.

My best deals have come from Craig's List oddly enough.  And I find being nice to fellow collectors tends to pay off too.

Patience and persistence have been my greatest collecting allies.  Become an expert on pricing and rarity, hunt constantly, be patient.  I recently snagged a rare item that I've had on my eBay watchlist for nearly a decade (I'll post some pics soon).  Craigslist is pretty dry for Intellivision around me, but it seems to depend on your locale.  There seems to be more Intellivision stuff near the West coast.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Patience and persistence have been my greatest collecting allies.  Become an expert on pricing and rarity, hunt constantly, be patient.  I recently snagged a rare item that I've had on my eBay watchlist for nearly a decade (I'll post some pics soon).  Craigslist is pretty dry for Intellivision around me, but it seems to depend on your locale.  There seems to be more Intellivision stuff near the West coast.

Looking forward to seeing what you added.  I have a guess. We’ll see if I’m right.  ?

5 hours ago, Omnibro said:

That’s my story.  Sold my Intellivision and all my games to buy beer for a long weekend party when I was 18.  Always regretted it.  

Decades later I have an original Intellivision and all the games I use to own back.  I may also have some games I never owned or knew about back in the day. Also got the Intellivision 2, Sears Super Video Arcade, System Changer and ECS.   Such a fun system. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I've actually acquired no less than 3 new rare items of late.  It's been a crazy few months...

Ok, one of these acquisitions wasn't quite as awesome as I had originally thought, but I'll share anyway.  Backstory here and here (some of the links are dead).

So the Keyboard Component had a cool peripheral printer available (originally $199, I believe) that was essentially a rebadged Alphacom Sprinter 40.  The Mattel printer had replaced the front tag that normally said "Alphacom Sprinter 40" with one saying "Mattel Electronics".  It also had a Mattel branded interface.  The Mattel printer is exceedingly rare and valuable.  The printer I recently acquired is NOT that printer ? However, I did manage to find a pretty rare Alphacom Sprinter 40 printer for cheap.

Here's the one I found:

IMG_20210112_222212.thumb.jpg.800779aceaa96986e51d743af0df1bf8.jpg

And here's the super rare one I originally thought I bought:

Screenshot_20210112-232920.thumb.png.01676fc26added23615b8928afc9b77e.png

• Like 3