IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

4 hours ago, IntvCasey said:

Isn’t it a tape to save data? Who knows if it’s still on there after all these years lol

It is a tape to save BASIC programs and BASIC data to (a snapshot of the program's variables).

It could have some stuff saved on it.  However, I have quite a few such tapes and none have anything saved on them.  Odds are low that there is anything on it, but you never know.

Overall, the tapes hold their data ok after all these years but not great.  The data can be extracted but it requires a few days of manual effort by someone who knows how to fix the degraded parts.  The bigger problem is that KC's tape drives are typically non-functional these days because the rubber belts and tires have gone bad.

• Like 2

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mattel-Aquarius-4110-Vintage-Home-Computer-not-working/114712057305?hash=item1ab55f15d9:g:0~AAAOSwVJBgP6LA

So what's up with this Aquarius? Serial number is seemingly missing, it's not working, there's a hole cut out of the case and a chip is visible from the front. Certainly something is noteworthy about it because it's got 4 bids, but I'm at a bit of a loss here. Wouldn't really matter if I did know because they don't ship to the US, but has anyone got an idea about it?

1 hour ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mattel-Aquarius-4110-Vintage-Home-Computer-not-working/114712057305?hash=item1ab55f15d9:g:0~AAAOSwVJBgP6LA

So what's up with this Aquarius? Serial number is seemingly missing, it's not working, there's a hole cut out of the case and a chip is visible from the front. Certainly something is noteworthy about it because it's got 4 bids, but I'm at a bit of a loss here. Wouldn't really matter if I did know because they don't ship to the US, but has anyone got an idea about it?

The only thing of consequence in the standard mini expander is the double sound chips, right? And the visible chip in the main computer component is approximately in the same location as the sound chips...

Edited by Intelligentleman

3 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

I was thinking they were pretty rare even in comparison to the KC. I had a CIB one at one time, but traded it years ago for quite a haul.  

I sold a CIB Basic cartridge (with manual and one tape) for $675 in August 2018.

This auction also had the Keyboard manual and a FCTVVO Backgammon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

I sold a CIB Basic cartridge (with manual and one tape) for $675 in August 2018.

This auction also had the Keyboard manual and a FCTVVO Backgammon.

It all depends on how bad a few people want something and if they have the funds at the time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MauAnouk2012 said:

Something ....   is wrong ...Indy.....  ?

177627575_Copiadi219823-1564489822.thumb.jpg.8765549cc5e7442db892625e4af72300.jpg

Maybe .... the Holy Grail ....   ???

Istantanea_2021-03-04_21-33-37.thumb.png.231e197eec0be6230e3e78e6c3f96502.png

Now if they were the colecovision version....maybe.

26 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Looks like eBay is gutting its eBay Bucks program ?

Screenshot_20210304-101845.thumb.png.e4640bb3cd90563f71f0fc1eec024724.png

Thanks for being a bucks member but uh we are gonna keep those bucks now.

Oh and please give us your personal bank info if you still want to sell on ebay. Oh and it will take 2 plus days to get paid now too.

Much love,

Ebay

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stupus said:

Thanks for being a bucks member but uh we are gonna keep those bucks now.

Oh and please give us your personal bank info if you still want to sell on ebay. Oh and it will take 2 plus days to get paid now too.

Much love,

Ebay

Yeah, this pretty much kills it.  There was a promotion today (1 day only) for 5% eBay Bucks, but auctions end when they end.  Guessing they'll never do a Sunday 5% eBay Bucks deal ?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MauAnouk2012 said:

Something ....   is wrong ...Indy.....  ?

177627575_Copiadi219823-1564489822.thumb.jpg.8765549cc5e7442db892625e4af72300.jpg

Maybe .... the Holy Grail ....   ???

Istantanea_2021-03-04_21-33-37.thumb.png.231e197eec0be6230e3e78e6c3f96502.png

Do not buy!  Not as advertised!  I purchased one earlier and it did not work.  Opened box, poured in water, and drank it.  Construction was poor because the boxes leaked, fell apart, and disintegrated.  FAILED to make me younger!  In fact, doctor says the ink that leeched into the water may have take a few years OFF my life!  Seller was insulting and called me an "idiot" and would not issue a refund!   

• Like 2
  • Haha 8