IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

45 minutes ago, Lathe26 said:

FYI, the above seller is NOT connected to eBay large lot link above.

Oh yeah, that was probably bad timing on my part.  The bad feedback seller was for a Wii game I was watching.  No affiliation with the seller of the Intellivision lot.  The Intellivision lot seller has 100% rating.

44 minutes ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

Don’t have an account myself and I already have the extended basic, so here's a good lot: https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/computers-en-software/vintage-computers/m1676681318-aquarius-computer.html?previousPage=lr

Yep, nice setup. Would be a good way to get started with the computer with one single purchase. I'd like an extended Basic cart.

2 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

Yep, nice setup. Would be a good way to get started with the computer with one single purchase. I'd like an extended Basic cart.

Yeah, pretty nice setup. Some rare documentation too. I don’t have that documentation, but I can’t justify taking an extended basic from someone just for it. If you really want an Extended Basic, whole lots like this are pretty much the only way you can get it. The last three extended basic carts including this one were all in lots with hardware and other software. One in January 2020 iirc which came with the computer and a bunch of software. Believe stupus grabbed that one if I recall. One in December that I grabbed, came with a Kronos computer and Finform and fileform, and finally this cart. I would go for it if you have the spare cash, they aren’t exactly common. If this one had a box... I’d be throwing more cash at it than I care to admit.

5 hours ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

Yeah, pretty nice setup. Some rare documentation too. I don’t have that documentation, but I can’t justify taking an extended basic from someone just for it. If you really want an Extended Basic, whole lots like this are pretty much the only way you can get it. The last three extended basic carts including this one were all in lots with hardware and other software. One in January 2020 iirc which came with the computer and a bunch of software. Believe stupus grabbed that one if I recall. One in December that I grabbed, came with a Kronos computer and Finform and fileform, and finally this cart. I would go for it if you have the spare cash, they aren’t exactly common. If this one had a box... I’d be throwing more cash at it than I care to admit.

Thanks for the tips on this cart. I'll keep it on my radar just in case I luck out somewhere. But I won't nesecarilly hold my breath

1 hour ago, BBWW said:

I bought one last year: it works perfectly. With the RGB plug the image on the screen is much better and you don’t struggle to get the right tuning...

I don’t regret the money I did spend...

But if you are a bit skilled in electronics it’s full of tutorials to make the modification by yourself and its much cheaper...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morpheus said:

I bought one last year: it works perfectly. With the RGB plug the image on the screen is much better and you don’t struggle to get the right tuning...

I don’t regret the money I did spend...

But if you are a bit skilled in electronics it’s full of tutorials to make the modification by yourself and its much cheaper...

Are you in Europe or using a voltage convertor?

5 minutes ago, Cellblock1138 said:

I’ve talked to seller previously and they can only mod PAL consoles and they only ship within Europe. Just curious how one would run with a voltage adapter.

I’m not an expert (at all) but I think that a PAL consolle will work in the US even without converter at all!

Let’s wait for some clarification coming from the superskilled peoples here on AA...

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

I’m not an expert (at all) but I think that a PAL consolle will work in the US even without converter at all!

Let’s wait for some clarification coming from the superskilled peoples here on AA...

US has 110V/60Hz, Europe has 240V/50Hz. 
An European Intellivision is slower and has a smaller game screen. You guys really don’t want an European Intellivision.

Edited by Intymike
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Intymike said:

US has 110V/60Hz, Europe has 240V/50Hz. 
An European Intellivision is slower and has a smaller game screen. You guys really don’t want an European Intellivision.

Thank you Intymike!

You mean if you use a European Intellivision without any converter plugged straight into 110V/60Hz on an American TV?

Or you mean that European  Intellivision in Europe are slower and have a smaller game screen than American Intellivision in the US??

I'm not sure what these rgb mods do to the colours; might be the same pal colours.  North American televisions don't support RGB but when converted to HDMI they should display fine.  It should still be pal 50 hz rather than ntsc 60 hz so yeah it will run slower.

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

I'm not sure what these rgb mods do to the colours; might be the same pal colours.  North American televisions don't support RGB but when converted to HDMI they should display fine.  It should still be pal 50 hz rather than ntsc 60 hz so yeah it will run slower.

Believe it or not, the North American TV I have down here in the basement office does, in fact, support RGB input: VIZIO E-Series 24” Class Razor LED™ Smart TV | E241i-A1W | VIZIO

2 hours ago, Intelligentleman said:

Believe it or not, the North American TV I have down here in the basement office does, in fact, support RGB input: VIZIO E-Series 24” Class Razor LED™ Smart TV | E241i-A1W | VIZIO

Be careful - red/green/blue RCA jacks on US TVs tend to be Y/Pb/Pr component video, not RGB. (In spite of using red/green/blue plugs.) Y/Pb/Pr is *NOT* compatible with RGB, and would require conversion. The VGA port, on the other hand, can usually accept RGB with a simple cable. Usually, but not always - some VGA inputs don't accept NTSC RGB timings, or require the separate sync signal that actual computer VGA provides.