IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Okay, let’s try at least to estimate how this Backgammon II box + manual in good conditions auction would have gone (assuming that Cmart was on holiday in a cave without any possibile connection with the web of course).

My maximum bid would have been around 130 bucks.

I truly don’t know if it would have been too much or way too low. It’s the first I’ve ever seen so far...

@Humblejack, how much would you have bidded?

Any one else? How much?

1 hour ago, Humblejack said:

I would have been it the $180 area but would not have gone over $200

1 minute ago, Atari_Bill said:

No bids from me, but my guess was 250ish.  

Wow!

Considering that it was not even complete, since the cartridge was missing, I would assume that a nice CIB could be easily worthed 250+ bucks...

So, @Rev did you make a better deal?

3 minutes ago, Kamikazi26 said:

That’s how some come out of the box for Backgammon (II). I would consider this a CIB for this title. 

Yes, there is a white label cart, those are rarest of the rare. 

Yes, that’s true.  I would consider it complete even though I would personally keep looking for a white version to sub in.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Yes, that’s true.  I would consider it complete even though I would personally keep looking for a white version to sub in.  

12 minutes ago, Kamikazi26 said:

That’s how some come out of the box for Backgammon (II). I would consider this a CIB for this title. 

For me that combination can not be considered as a complete game and, actually, I would say that the description was a bit misleading since it was not clearly pointed out...?

Didn't they produce new boxes and manuals for existing inventory (carts)?

So, wouldn't it be possible to get a non white label cart?

Hmm,  Or did they ALWAYS put the white label over the red/blue/green/purple labels?

Never saw a white label speech cart.  Do those exist?

6 hours ago, IntvCasey said:

CMart lol

6 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

I wasn’t going to say that but......

5 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Let's not rule out the possibility that Rev didn't accept money for it ?...?...?

5 hours ago, Humblejack said:

I'm not sure it was CMart, he bought a shrinkwrapped one from me, but then again he does have the need of several copies of each version. 

4 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

Maybe not then. 

Lol! Just to be clear, it wasn't me. I have a sealed one and a CIB one 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

Exactly. Most Intellivision Inc Backgammon come with the green cart which I assume they had stock left in when they bought up the remaining supply so they worked through those first and then printed the white label ones late in the life cycle. That's my best guess. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Exactly. Most Intellivision Inc Backgammon come with the green cart which I assume they had stock left in when they bought up the remaining supply so they worked through those first and then printed the white label ones late in the life cycle. That's my best guess. 

I wonder why they didn’t do the whole white label over green thing?

55 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

I wonder why they didn’t do the whole white label over green thing?

That is an excellent question because it sure would have made sense to do so given the other 18-19 games they did it to. ?

4 hours ago, Morpheus said:

For me that combination can not be considered as a complete game and, actually, I would say that the description was a bit misleading since it was not clearly pointed out...?

Yes it was complete. Intv Inc Backgammon released with both color and white labels. Just because one had less made does not negate the one that had more made.

Also, I didnt get any money for cancelling it, i gave it free to someone as a present. 

Not everything is about money. 

Any future auctions of mine wont be cancelled early. This was a one time deal. 

thanks

Edited by Rev
  • Like 7